What's the best RPG of all time(in your opinion)?

Shaft said:

I stayed up till about 4:30 every morning when I rented that, absolute beauty of a game. That is just BioWare doing its thing though...

I liked FF7, I didn't like having to level materia up. That got to be a real pain in the ass, especially when I needed several All materias leveled up and had to start from fresh, takes too long.

Drawing in FF8 wasn't too bad, but it could still be a pain.

And Diabolus mentioned it. Legend of Legaia. http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/legend-of-legaia

Socking black chicken looking things to start a game, kept me going through a rough combat system for quite a while.

FFX-2 was horrible. Super femmy Brother was worth many a laugh though.

I completed spaced it, but Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 account for so many hours of my life. It was right after my accident and I spent 2 months eating pain pills and playing NWN1 & 2 until I got my skin graft. Those games go on and on forever and they're amazing for that. Got me through a rough period of time.

kingg5 said:
The music in FFX was great. Come on Rammstien? The battle system was good, but didn't like the winey voice of Tidus. Such a shame the sequel that came out sucked Ifrit nuts

Rammstein never covered any kind of track in FFX. I think you mean this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXDxYIWAT7Y

Uematsu composed. The Black Mages and the vocalist Bill Muir then did a cover of it. :)

It does have their vibe though.

Anyhow... recently played FFIV on the PSP.. Good game! :D

UrbanMasque said:
No matter which voice actor they use to play sephiroth, they will never live up to his voice in my head. And I will always find flaws with the actors they use to portray him.

This is exactly what i think whenever they come out with a voice for any of the characters that did not have one previously it just never lives up to our own imagination i guess.

Gunner37 said:
UrbanMasque said:
No matter which voice actor they use to play sephiroth, they will never live up to his voice in my head. And I will always find flaws with the actors they use to portray him.

This is exactly what i think whenever they come out with a voice for any of the characters that did not have one previously it just never lives up to our own imagination i guess.

+1. I wouldn't even picture Sephiroth speaking English so much as Japanese with subtitles.

To celebrate my 200th forum post, and gaining the rank of Flying Monkey, I am posting my favorite RPG’s.
PC exclusive: The Witcher
Action RPG: Diablo II
GBA exclusive: Golden Sun
JRPG: Final Fantasy III (or VI)
DS exclusive: Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Most looked forward to RPG: Skyrim

Bretimus_v2 said:
I'd have enjoyed Demon's Souls a little more if they hid the story a little less. Loved the gameplay and concept though.
I've been meaning to comment on this, but I forgot. Anyway, that's part of what I love about the game. I'm on my 7th playthrough or so, and I'm still learning new stuff.

Also, this really, really helps.

If I were to rank FF games (that I've played) from best to worst it would probably go...

#1 Final Fantasy VIII
#2 Final Fantasy X
#3 Final Fantasy XI
#4 Final Fantasy VII
#5 Final Fantasy XII
#6 Final Fantasy XIII

That's not to say 12 and 13 were bad games. I liked them, but grinding and leveling up in 12 was so boring. All I did was just walk around and let them all auto-battle.

13 has a much better battle system but the characters and dialouge was pretty terrible. 12 had a smart script with some mature dialouge. With 13, they went back to cheesy campy lines.

Snow was not fun nor was he "cool", he was just cheesy. And Vanille was horribly annoying. On the other hand Sazh, Lightning and Fang were cool and funny. But they're no Baltheir, Fran and Basch.

Sazh is the Auron of XIII, the only character I liked and thus the only character I cared about.

That is a bad sign, by the way...

^
(to tiny) Definately. FFVI and Chrono Trigger are two RPG's I missed out on.

LinksOcarina said:
Sazh is the Auron of XIII, the only character I liked and thus the only character I cared about.

That is a bad sign, by the way...

To be honest I think Sazh is more the comic relief character like Baltheir and Wakka. To me, Lightning was the Auron in XIII. No sense of humour, just a badass.

The thing I love about 10 (besides the gameplay) is the story. I like how we're introduced to Spira through Tidus. In most games we're thrown into this world we know nothing about. But having our main character brought into it with a narrative story really helped gamers get lost within FF10's world.

But 8 will always be my favortie. I'll never forget finishing Disc 1 with that cliffhanger ending and spending my entire day in school wondering what was going to happen next on disc 2 :D

WickedLiquid said:
If I were to rank FF games (that I've played) from best to worst it would probably go...

#1 Final Fantasy VIII
#2 Final Fantasy X
#3 Final Fantasy XI
#4 Final Fantasy VII
#5 Final Fantasy XII
#6 Final Fantasy XIII

That's not to say 12 and 13 were bad games. I liked them, but grinding and leveling up in 12 was so boring. All I did was just walk around and let them all auto-battle.

13 has a much better battle system but the characters and dialouge was pretty terrible. 12 had a smart script with some mature dialouge. With 13, they went back to cheesy campy lines.

Snow was not fun nor was he "cool", he was just cheesy. And Vanille was horribly annoying. On the other hand Sazh, Lightning and Fang were cool and funny. But they're no Baltheir, Fran and Basch.

Good list, but chop out 11 (havent played it), add a 9 in its place. And swap 12 and 13...because I hated licenses more than linearitaritytytyty

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod