What's the best RPG of all time(in your opinion)?

cyberjim2000 said:
But let's be hardcore nerds here for a second. The best RPG of all time would be the pen and paper version of D&D with a good DM. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zng5kRle4FA

I was a Shadowrun man myself.

As far as best RPGs for me, that is a hard call.

Chrono Trigger takes top billing, an all-time favorite. Legend of Dragoon was a grand experience. The Fallout series ate a ton of my time, as did the original Final Fantasy Tactics. But I go back to a true original when I think long and hard about the RPG title.

Baldur's Gate.

Kijan said:
Golden Sun.

Hands down best game on the GBA in my eyes. :)
I liked that game too, but I swear that it is the chattiest damn game in the history of video games.

cyberjim2000 said:
But let's be hardcore nerds here for a second. The best RPG of all time would be the pen and paper version of D&D with a good DM. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zng5kRle4FA
Love it. :lol:

kingg5 said:
This is why the RPG section was closed. Every other topic was what was the best RPG.
Then if we keep it to only this thread we should be fine, and they won’t close us down. :p

tinymhg said:
Kijan said:
Golden Sun.

Hands down best game on the GBA in my eyes. :)
I liked that game too, but I swear that it is the chattiest damn game in the history of video games.

cyberjim2000 said:
Love it. :lol:

kingg5 said:
This is why the RPG section was closed. Every other topic was what was the best RPG.
Then if we keep it to only this thread we should be fine, and they won’t close us down. :p
Not if we start lighting shit on fire and throwing trash cans into Squareenix's windows. I came home from the war, they spit on me, call me a baby killer, On another note where is my Vietnam the RPG? Having the option to light villages on fire, shooting into crowds of villagers, and buying sex from vietnamese prostitutes. It'll be like Mass Effect minus the space and moral values. Move over blue women when you got yellow chicks. No it is not racist, its a skin color. Kinda like the we still call Native Americans Red men and they call us Blue eyed demons. Anyone remember the plastic army men? How racist were they? Green represented Americans, Red were the russions, YELLOW were the Japs, and grey were the germans. The most racist one was the black army men. What makes me mad is people say FF7 was the best. Which was good but wasn't the best. In my opinion FFX was the best.

Longo_2_guns said:
I!

Completely agree. As far as FF go, 12 was one of my favorites.
Never finished it before my PS2 died. Made it past that monster wall. Then it died and could only play PS1 games.

tinymhg said:
Diabolus said:
FFX was good. FFXII was better.
Never played the original but I loved Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings the Nintendo DS Game. RPG meets Real Time Strategy. :)

FF12 is nothing like Revenant Wings haha ;)

But FF12 I loved too, still never completed it. I remember I was levelling to defeat the last hit or something? I was like Level 105 too....>proud<

The problem with XII was that Vaan was created solely to appeal to "A young western audience." that likes younger, more androgynous characters so they can connect with a more teen-age hero. Basch was originally going to be the star, (which is why he has some of the best lines next to Baltheir) but Vaan and Penelo were created for that niche that Square thought we wanted...which was not true at all. Thats why they are just there, hes the POV character, supposed to represent what we see, but it detracts from it because hes not as involved in the plot as everyone else, and goes through little growth.

He's like the C-3PO of FF XII, with Penelo being R2-D2.

And XII is a good game...but there is no excuse for the abortion known as X, Fuck Final Fantasy X, it sucked in comparison to the others. A lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod