What's the best RPG of all time(in your opinion)?

final-fantasy-vii-e3.jpg

This image conjures more emotions in me, then a photo of the twin towers on 9/11..

THAT is the sign of a good RPG

I'm also on the FF7 boat. Not only is it fucking awesome and one of my favourite games, but we are STILL talking about it as a standard in both gameplay and story. The mythos is still captivating, and has spawned so many spin-offs.

I don't see how FF7 isn't the best of all time.

Rakon said:
I'm also on the FF7 boat. Not only is it f****** awesome and one of my favourite games, but we are STILL talking about it as a standard in both gameplay and story. The mythos is still captivating, and has spawned so many spin-offs.

I don't see how FF7 isn't the best of all time.
Because it had its flaws like all the others.

Just cause it's not perfect that doesn't mean it can't be the best. No game is perfect. If it were, we wouldn't care all that much about the others.

FF7 is basically what made me into a gamer it was my first Playstation game along with FF8 but that was played later and i also love that game but it's just that 7 will always be first in my book it was just an awesome experience.

LinksOcarina said:
And XII is a good game...but there is no excuse for the abortion known as X, f*** Final Fantasy X, it sucked in comparison to the others. A lot.

:(

Personally, the reason I loved FFX was it was my first and real favorite turn-based RPG. FFXII went with more of a MMO-style fighting system and FFXIII, I'm not sure what you call it.

FFX is fantastic. The story may be poor, but its system is just about the best in FF's history.

Final Fantasy X had the best combat system definitely. And FF7 was really good, but frankly it's far from being the best RPG ever.

Oh, and I've got to give some props to both Witcher games.

Longo_2_guns said:
Final Fantasy X had the best combat system definitely. And FF7 was really good, but frankly it's far from being the best RPG ever.

Oh, and I've got to give some props to both Witcher games.

I like it best because of nostalgia reasons. Because of those same reasons, I will also mention Legend of Legaia.

TheDiesel said:
LinksOcarina said:
And XII is a good game...but there is no excuse for the abortion known as X, f*** Final Fantasy X, it sucked in comparison to the others. A lot.

:(

Personally, the reason I loved FFX was it was my first and real favorite turn-based RPG. FFXII went with more of a MMO-style fighting system and FFXIII, I'm not sure what you call it.
Same here on FFX it was the first FF game I played

FF on the NES holds a special place with me because it was my first RPG. FF7 is up there. TES series. Gotta say Everquest too, was my first MMO and spent alot of time on it. Prob too much. For recent games, Dragon Age, Demon Souls, ME series.

One character can't save it.

It's story pissed me off so much in the end, and the character save for Auron were terrible.

Combat was good though, I will give it that. But it can't save it, just like in FF VII for me, which is honestly above-average in everything except graphics at the time.

VIII is a personal favorite because it struck a good balance, with the exception of a few points like some weird plot-holes and drawing for magic...

But honestly, picking one of these is like picking a child to love more...we should all just say Chrono Trigger instead.

LinksOcarina said:
But honestly, picking one of these is like picking a child to love more...we should all just say Chrono Trigger instead.

Nu-uh! Golden Sun! :D

By the way... FF10 was the first FF game I played, so there's also the nostalgia factor in my eyes. Besides the sheer awesomeness of Auron. :)

Grandia II is also a fine example of a good JRPG. :)

I dont see the flaws you guys speak of with FF7,
but I agree - the FFX combat system was pretty cool.

Being able to calculate getting off 10 attacks before the bosses 1st was pretty awesome - but it also made the game too easy.

*When FFX came out and I could HEAR the characters as opposed to reading blue text - I was moved to tears ( I felt as though, Square heard my prayers). This is also another reason why newer RPGs will never be great like the older ones. Half of the mystique of the games is in your imagination - the more gaming technology advances, the less needed when playing the game.

No matter which voice actor they use to play sephiroth, they will never live up to his voice in my head. And I will always find flaws with the actors they use to portray him.

The music in FFX was great. Come on Rammstien? The battle system was good, but didn't like the winey voice of Tidus. Such a shame the sequel that came out sucked Ifrit nuts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod