What's the best hipster song ever?

Lien - Sure.

So uh, checked out Dr. Dre... and YouTube gave me advertisements for buying some pretty interesting guns!

More hipstery music? I have a thing for Tegan and Sara, which might be bigger than my thing for Iceland. They're ridiculously cute.

Also I'd like to note that Lights does nothing for me. I don't particularly dislike her stuffs, but I never felt or understood anything she was singing.

Sightless said:
More hipstery music? I have a thing for Tegan and Sara, which might be bigger than my thing for Iceland. They're ridiculously cute.

Also I'd like to note that Lights does nothing for me. I don't particularly dislike her stuffs, but I never felt or understood anything she was singing.

I agree with all of this.

Affen said:
but what is considered as hipster?

Unfortunately no one can be told what a hipster is, you have to see it for yourself.

Morpheus.jpg

Tegan and Sara can be hipster. Okay, seriously, have you seen them? Have you watched their videos?

Plus, I liked them before they got played on the radio. :p

I can't beleive were on page 2 and you guys are still discussing "hipsters" WHAT THE FUCK

Idk what hipster is, but here's my last 3 months from last.fm (top 8 )

1 - STS9
2 - Zion I
3 - Typical Cats
4 - Cunninlynguists
5 - Bear vs Shark
6 - Big K.R.I.T.
7 - Michael Menert
8 - Arpetrio

A hipster is a person so devoid of any individuality they feel the need to pillage the past for an identity, and express it in a rather modern but incredibly stupid way.

So basically people from Quebec. Or nickKmet. His sax even has a pair of ironic glasses.

in all seriousness, i would define a hipster as someone who brags about being a part of something they feel is exclusive. So hipsters would only listen to Indie artists and small bands with a cult following. Once it becomes popular, it's no longer cool and they get to brag how they were the true fans. In other words, act pretenious.

That's not to say Indie bands are hipster bands, they just happen to attract hipsters.

Portlandia is exactly what I think of as a hipster. I live in Asheville, NC and I want to punch every mother fucking kid in this town. There's so many levels of pretentiousness.

edit: not EVERY. but it keeps me from going out about town more, because I get so annoyed by the public in general, but watching a bunch of fucked up kids act retarded gets even more annoying.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
A hipster is a person so devoid of any individuality they feel the need to pillage the past for an identity, and express it in a rather modern but incredibly stupid way.

So basically people from Quebec. Or nickKmet. His sax even has a pair of ironic glasses.

You sir, are a shit!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle