What kind of content do you like to see most?

used44 said:
Not interested in funny memes.
Agreed, makes me dumb each time I see Y U NO and Forever Alone Guy. Makes me feel dumber knowing what they're called. Pretty much Slicky had to say. I usually read the articles and sometimes post a comment. I feel the reason why the week leading up to Skyrim worked so well, because it was something everyone could relate to.

EDIT: Something everyone can relate to as in video games, not the memes. Like a great game releasing that everyone knows about (i.e. Skyrim, perhaps GTA V)

We should fill the Babes section with GR readers.

So, obviously, it would be about 50 pictures of me.

Lien said:
Longo_2_guns said:
We should fill the Babes section with GR readers.

So, obviously, it would be about 50 pictures of me.
Not if Ugh got something to say...
Like an online dating video? "Hi, I'm UghRochester. Blah blah blah, think about it..."

Bretimus_v2 said:
used44 said:
intoTheRain said:
danielrbischoff said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
Longo_2_guns said:

oqdo3o.gif

StickyGreenGamer said:
used44 said:
And I'll agree that it's no fun to not be able to see if there's been a reply to your comment. Fix that, of possible. Even if there was a little comment counter on the front page next to the article.

BAM! Used hit on the head. Get a comment counter next to the article...guarantee you'd see anywhere from 3-10+ more replies per article.

OH IT HAPPENED

Really the site needs more quality reviews. Less regurgitated headlines with foul language in the subject. I feel that right now there isn't much in the way of professional writing. The reviews are still pretty solid but the other main page articles feel like personal blogs and not content written for a zine. I am glad to see there's less off the cuff remarks about casual gamers and mobile games such as Angry Birds when content like that is covered. That definitely reeked of elitism and "us gamers" stuff.

So what I like to see? In depth previews, reviews, less random news that most people won't care about. How about some editorial pieces or features? I'd take less content with more time spent on it such as a well done feature than numerous news items that don't really mean much of anything to most of us. (Except for reviews. I really feel the main page could do with more reviews.)

I like good reviews, and relevant preview information. I never comment because I can't figure out my GR password but I'm auto-logged into the forums., hahaha.

Things like oh I don't know...."Something not grounded in fact : Game company may reveal some sort of game at some presser" just doesn't seem like it should be main page content. Or reportable.

Lethean said:
Things like oh I don't know...."Something not grounded in fact : Game company may reveal some sort of game at some presser" just doesn't seem like it should be main page content. Or reportable.
I think the only reason why they would share with us this kind of news is when they have pretty good evidence on the rumor being possibly true. Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is an example.

Lethean said:
Really the site needs more quality reviews. Less regurgitated headlines with foul language in the subject. I feel that right now there isn't much in the way of professional writing. The reviews are still pretty solid but the other main page articles feel like personal blogs and not content written for a zine. I am glad to see there's less off the cuff remarks about casual gamers and mobile games such as Angry Birds when content like that is covered. That definitely reeked of elitism and "us gamers" stuff.

So what I like to see? In depth previews, reviews, less random news that most people won't care about. How about some editorial pieces or features? I'd take less content with more time spent on it such as a well done feature than numerous news items that don't really mean much of anything to most of us. (Except for reviews. I really feel the main page could do with more reviews.)

I'll second this wholeheartedly minus the foul language part. My number one reason for coming here in the past was to read the well written and humorous reviews. Now the front page is like all these little "news" blurbs of which I only find a few that are relevant or interesting. It definitely seems like the goal is quantity over quality in that area.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod