(Late) Spring Cleaning

Discussion in 'Support' started by danielrbischoff, May 20, 2011.

?

Are you sad?

1. Yes! I'm crying like a wussy baby who is a crybaby with no life who cries all the time about everyth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nah, will be leaner, faster, and more welcoming to new users with these changes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielrbischoff

Hi everyone,
    I hope you all recognize that I've taken a particular interest in the forums. You guys have a legacy here and just because the site is moving forward doesn't mean the forums, forum games and old hands don't mean anything to the site and the staff.
    In fact, I haven't enjoyed an online community this much since the Counter-Strike Source server I used to run.
    So, it's with hope and respect that I tell you that the RPG, News and Press Releases, and Inner Party forums will be deleted this weekend.
    I hope you won't miss them. Honestly, our community is growing. Between the comments on the front page and the forums we've gained 1-2 new regular users (or returning former users) each week for the past month. User stats are showing gains in comments per week.
    Frankly, I'm elated, but the forums are bloated. That's why I'm deleting the Inner Party, RPG, and News and Press Releases forums. We can't archive every forum, but I'd like you all to respond to this post with links to threads from those forums that NEED to be archived for posterity. So, happy hunting! In order to provide a sense of urgency, these forums will be deleted on Sunday night.
    -Me

2. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

3. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

4. danielrbischoff

@LinksOcarina: Done
    @UrbanMasque: Done

Please keep those archive suggestions going! Honestly, if you put any link in this thread it's getting archived! I'm not even checking!

5. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

Challenge Accepted
    [​IMG]

Archive Requested: www.lemonparty.org

6. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Fun fact: the "Hottest Final Fantasy character" thread was created by me for the sole purpose of having another thread for Used to post in when he posted in every thread in RPG.

7. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

8. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I say at least move the shivering isles and ff13 threads at the top of RPG to general gaming.

9. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

10. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.