What kind of content do you like to see most?

Hey guys, our front page is as busy as ever, but unfortunately our comments are slipping. Leading up to Skyrim's release, we peaked at 800 comments in one week. That number slid all the way down to about 200 the week following Skyrim's release. We're back at 400/week, but we seem to have plateaued.

So that's why I'm here. What kind of content do you guys like to see on the front page? Do you like seeing trailers? Screenshots? News? Anouncements?

What kind of Manifestos do you like to see? Funny bull shit? Tell GR? Regular columns?

Basically we want to make sure we're doing everything to keep our readers engaged. Got any feedback for us?

Nick doing his oriental voice. Make it a weekly thing, with him just talking about anything he thinks is important.

Also, if you don't bring back TPS, I will. In fact, I nominate myself for TPS right now.

What ever happened to bikini reviews?

Psych. I'm looking for substance not gimmicks. If it's just an announcement or something, I click and read. I comment when I feel I need to say something. I respond when someone says something. I like funny BS but I don't think that's all GR has to offer.

I'd love to see the occasional business news like when Nick posted the Sony Quarter Perfomance Review numbers. That's me though.

Definitely Oriental Nick, Boston Anthony, and more Podcast! You're seriously one of the few videogame related podcasts I sit through. You talk games, tech, business, the occasional personal week experience. You come across genuine.

I don't really think there is much wrong with the content that is posted. Generally, I'll hit the front page at least once a day, and I'll usually scope out everything that has been posted.

I just don't always comment. Sometimes I do, but then there isn't always a response, even when you are responding to someone. Or they don't respond for a few days, and since there is no notifications on front page responses, it just slips to the back of the mind.

I mean honestly, its hard to continually return to a news item when you aren't aware if there is anything new. If any of that made sense...

I'm not a huge fan of "Look at this funny picture I found!" stuff. My friends could do that. I could do that. And I don't even have friends! I mean, it's fine in moderation, but don't go overboard with it.

I don't comment on much front page stuff because the format doesn't really work for intense conversation.

Though stuff to stir things up? Opinions. Exposés. Strong, creative humor. The recent Taco Bell article is a perfect example. Don't just show the news, present the news.

yeah, to echo others, I like your guys' original content and stories. Regurgitated press releases rarely make me want to comment.

I suppose one way to make those more interesting would be to provide more commentary on things, and what you guys think of stuff, if that's even allowed. I'm not sure how press embargoes work for you guys.

Report.

Don't let other sites turn people into idiots.
Like that whole Gotham City DLC fiasco? No one bothered to explain that the "DLC" was stuff you could easily earn in-game by simply leveling up.

Not interested in funny memes.

Interested in reviews, previews, and opinions. It's difficult to start a conversation in the comment thread when there's no opinion in the post itself. And I'll agree that it's no fun to not be able to see if there's been a reply to your comment. Fix that, of possible. Even if there was a little comment counter on the front page next to the article.

Oh, and I know that this is a gaming site, first and foremost, but I liked the Watchmen Prequel topic. More periphery stuff would be okay with me. I come to the gr forum for more than just gaming talk, and I would do the same for the front page.

used44 said:
Not interested in funny memes.

Interested in reviews, previews, and opinions. It's difficult to start a conversation in the comment thread when there's no opinion in the post itself. And I'll agree that it's no fun to not be able to see if there's been a reply to your comment. Fix that, of possible. Even if there was a little comment counter on the front page next to the article.

Oh, and I know that this is a gaming site, first and foremost, but I liked the Watchmen Prequel topic. More periphery stuff would be okay with me. I come to the gr forum for more than just gaming talk, and I would do the same for the front page.

Pretty much this. I have no interest in the "check out these sweet images we found" threads. They are cool and all, but they are the kind of thing we would see in the forums first, not the main page.

Also, another iteration off what Used said about memes, no "Us gamers" type articles. I like to think that the people of GR are somewhat above the typical "us gamers" crowd. Hopefully you understand what I mean by that. If not, here's an example and real namer of it.

used44 said:
And I'll agree that it's no fun to not be able to see if there's been a reply to your comment. Fix that, of possible. Even if there was a little comment counter on the front page next to the article.

BAM! Used hit on the head. Get a comment counter next to the article...guarantee you'd see anywhere from 3-10+ more replies per article.

OR if you could see which articles were commented on since your last visit, similar to the forum. But that may be more difficult to code.

I quite like some of the gimmicky stuff. Like the logos stolen from game characters was fun. But I mostly read the news/reviews etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod