What is the first console you started your gaming out with?

shandog137 said:
StalfrosCC said:
used44 said:
StalfrosCC said:
shandog137 said:
Stal, you get two nastalgia points which can be redeemed for half a first class stamp at your nearest post office.

You are my favorite poster right now.

:(

You should never have changed your sig.

Damn...I guess I gotta fix my sig today or I may end up like you Used...Wait you guy know I'm a guy right? Please don't let me come between a happy mod relationship.

Mine was NES; back in the days where you did not need to think about internal injuries due to bad controller design.

usb-nes-controller.jpg

I loved the Mario games on it, and that crazy Motorcross game where you could build your own levels.

My neighbour had an Atari 2600. Come to think of it I haven't at all paused to think why a fifteen year old was cool with having a four year old and my seven year old sister hang around at his place until this topic surfaced. Pedo perhaps? I'd rather not think of him that way since he was a cool neighbour. The first console I owned was a Sega Megadrive (or Genesis as its known in America).

Shandog, you couldn't be more right about the Sega CD (Mega CD here, why was everything "Mega" with Sega in Britain?) I remember getting one for Christmas and being excited for all the great games that would come out for it later in the following year. Biggest flop by Sega ever, I think I bought three games for it, including the Sega 5 in 1 mega pack that came with it. Which did actually get a lot of play since it had Streets of Rage, Shinobi and F1 '90 on it.

Tylzen said:
Mine was NES; back in the days where you did not need to think about internal injuries due to bad controller design.

usb-nes-controller.jpg

I loved the Mario games on it, and that crazy Motorcross game where you could build your own levels.
that game was excite bike btw, it was and still si an amazing and fun game

Grey said:
Shandog, you couldn't be more right about the Sega CD (Mega CD here, why was everything "Mega" with Sega in Britain?) I remember getting one for Christmas and being excited for all the great games that would come out for it later in the following year. Biggest flop by Sega ever, I think I bought three games for it, including the Sega 5 in 1 mega pack that came with it. Which did actually get a lot of play since it had Streets of Rage, Shinobi and F1 '90 on it..
you never got sonic cd? could be the best sonic game ever made, its a toss up for me between it and sonic 3, i will admit it was a falier on a whole, but when they ported regular genesis games to it they looked and sounded amazing it just lacked orginal games, they jsut rehashed old games over and over again. You know htat sounds kinda familiur....(Nintendo?)

Commodore 64, skipped the NES (though I did play it at a cousin's house), then went to SNES and since then I've either owned or played a fair amount N64, Mega Drive, Master System, GameBoy, GameGear, GameBoy Color, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and PS3.

Sam

jivesc00ter said:
you never got sonic cd? could be the best sonic game ever made, its a toss up for me between it and sonic 3, i will admit it was a falier on a whole, but when they ported regular genesis games to it they looked and sounded amazing it just lacked orginal games, they jsut rehashed old games over and over again. You know htat sounds kinda familiur....(Nintendo?)

I did, with the original (much better) OST. I had the 5 in 1 pack, which had Streets of Rage, Shinobi's Revenge, F1 90', Columns and Golden Axe III on it. A double pack game, which had Thunderhawk and Starblade on it (AWESOME pack), Snatcher (MGS fans need to find this) and Sonic CD. Actually that's four games I bought for it, well 9.

I recenty threw away my atari 2600, i had no games for it, nor any of the hookups...and i've spilled many a drinks on it.

farewell my love.

Grey said:
My neighbour had an Atari 2600. Come to think of it I haven't at all paused to think why a fifteen year old was cool with having a four year old and my seven year old sister hang around at his place until this topic surfaced. Pedo perhaps?

Dude, same story. When I was 6 and my brother was 4 we used to go to the neighbors house and hang out with their 15 year old because he had every Atari game. When the NES came out our family was over at their house and my dad started playing Super Mario Bros and the next day we went to Toys-R-Us (that place isn't what it used to be) and got an NES.

Oh to be young again.

I started playing when my brother bought a NES and i always play with him, then i started to learn how to play solo and that's it, I got addicted to games eversince that day.
=/

maca2kx said:
Commodore 64, skipped the NES (though I did play it at a cousin's house), then went to SNES and since then I've either owned or played a fair amount N64, Mega Drive, Master System, GameBoy, GameGear, GameBoy Color, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and PS3.

Sam

You had/have all those system in your house?
I demand a picture of that if you got them all :D.

I must admit, I have never been a console gamer, I have tend to stick to my PC.
Just recently I purchased the PS3.
I had a Xbox 2 years ago.
And a N64.

Damn I have had consoles :p
Ignore that statement.

---

Well I came to remember that I actually played on something around the time I had a NES, not sure if it's older or just another technology. But it ran on something that looked like Audio tape. It wasn't mine, but a kid on the street where my grandmother lived had it.
My cousin also have had a machine called "Jaguar" if I recall.

EDIT
Found it
41mzeyDhMEL._AA280_.jpg

Tylzen said:
maca2kx said:

Sam

You had/have all those system in your house?
I demand a picture of that if you got them all :D.

I must admit, I have never been a console gamer, I have tend to stick to my PC.
Just recently I purchased the PS3.
I had a Xbox 2 years ago.
And a N64.

Damn I have had consoles :p
Ignore that statement.

---

Well I came to remember that I actually played on something around the time I had a NES, not sure if it's older or just another technology. But it ran on something that looked like Audio tape. It wasn't mine, but a kid on the street where my grandmother lived had it.
My cousin also have had a machine called "Jaguar" if I recall.

EDIT
Found it
41mzeyDhMEL._AA280_.jpg
ha you think that is bad, check ot my systems in my profiel, and hter all hooked up, everylast one of them

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Playnft