What do you guys think about....

a question of the week thread? I'd start it on Monday. Then, the following Monday I'd wrap everyone's responses up neatly and publish it in the manifesto?

What do you guys think some good questions would be?

I love the idea! Getting the community involved in the site is always a good thing. and GR's community is the best around.

what kind of questions are you thinking? Things like, what is the best pesto? red or green?
Or will they be game related ie. who is the best megaman villain?

EDIT: since the podcast is finished, you could continue the question aspect of that manifesto style?

We already have a poll, MattAY. The questions would have to be really open-ended, like "what's your take on suchandsuch?" or "what are some things you'd like to see in [insert franchise]?"

This is a great idea to increase community involvement and investment of effort! Can you set up a dropbox email or PM for people to send their answers to, so it doesn't devolve into just another discussion in the comments section?

I agree with De-Ting on this one. So I am all for it. We need some industry type questions that the community can freely voice without reciprocity.

De-Ting said:
We already have a poll, MattAY. The questions would have to be really open-ended, like "what's your take on suchandsuch?" or "what are some things you'd like to see in [insert franchise]?"

Yes, definitely thinking more along the lines of open-ended, opinion based questions so that I can get chunks of answers from everyone and wrap them up nicely in a manifesto. My hope is that this will get more people to register with the site, comment, contribute to the discussion and see their words published in a manifesto too!

So: I think I'll start on Monday. How is the best way to do this? Someone said a dropbox or an e-mail? So a forum thread would not be the best idea? I'd really like everyone's suggestions because you're all going to do the answering!

If you choose to do it in the forums, you can guarantee there's going to be minor debates and it might be a little bit more work for you to record the responses.

I do prefer the forums more because of what used44 said, not only that I think it would be easier to find.

Ugh has a really good point. An open ended weekly forum prompt could get pretty noisy. I see that as a good thing! but it might be more work for you.

May I also suggest putting it in the Misc. forum regardless of the question's possible gaming relation? By far more people will see it and respond in Misc.

Really? Do people really only read certain forums on here? I just hit "view posts since last visit" and read anything that tickle me fancy.

Also, I love this idea. I'll have to come up with some good ones...but I'll probably just deliver mediocre. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle