What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, actually six and that's including future DLCs. Only Paris had been released. The Full Experience is the Intro + Season Pass. Don't get me wrong, it's fun and it has Blood Money's open endness. It's a bit of a disappointment just playing around with six levels.

I found out earlier that the always online DRM isn't that. It's more like whenever your connection to the server is severed in anyway, the game just quits out and you have to reload the save in offline mode.

And I'm on the PC. Haven't ran into any performance issues people were talking about though.

I'm on PS4 and there's minimal performance issues. Sometimes the frame rate can drop in big, open and busy areas. I thought the game was running at a solid 60 FPS (I noticed this at the very beginning of the game), but performance can drop depending on what's going on.

I bought the full experience and I finished all the tutorial levels as well as the Paris level in one night. It wasn't very difficult at all, all it takes is a little patience.

Game looks great and plays well. It has the new gameplay mechanics and presentation of Absolution (although a lot better, its art direction is identical though) and it has the overall freedom of Blood Money. I might play the Paris level again tonight and try different things.

Disappointing that there's only five to six levels... but I did enjoy my time with the game. I just hope that buying the full experience is going to be a better alternative than buying the levels individually. Looking forward to playing more.

UrbanMasque said:
Overwatch... Everyone should get this game.. I wasn't sold on it, but now after playing a bit of the closed beta.. its AWESOME!

I'm kinda split between that and Gigantic: I clearly prefer Gigantic's art and atmosphere but OTOH Blizz will likely do much better polish and overall smoother delivery.

After finishing Hitman, I'm giving Far Cry Primal a break and decided to try Unravel.

I really like it. It's a beautiful game with gorgeous graphics and a great soundtrack, the overall art presentation is brilliant. Gameplay wise, it's pretty simple and at times, it can be confusing on how to solve particular puzzles, but it's not that frustrating, thankfully.

Playing Unravel feels very therapeutic as well.

Got Gravity Rush Remastered. Holy fuck I love this game.

It's just really fun to fly about. And that fact that the town can be accessed fro mall sides so to speak, makes the map seem so much bigger than it probably is!
Combat is really fun too. Glad I got the game :)

Finished Fallout 4 again this time siding with the railroad.

Needed something to play until my VR headset arrives so I broke down and bought Just cause 3 and its season pass for $64. I'm liking it so far and it gets around 100fps on one video card at max settings.

Mostly Expeditions Conquistador. Upgrading the Fortress is taking a crapton of valuables and will run out before I can completely upgrade it. Also cheating on my wife with an Amazon.

Assault Android Cactus - It's a pretty average arcade styled game. I bought it, because it's on PS4 now and it helps the developers. A person I know has a brother who worked on the game. I guess they're sorta like a starving artist since he claimed to be eating noodles for weeks.

Know what ive noticed about VR? Motion sickness.

I get motion sickness in cars if i look down and concentrate on something. And backwards on trains etc i get it a little.

Some games in VR do it to me as well! Its usually the ones that does EVERYTHING with your head ie without gamepad.
And it fucking sucks.

I heard there's a 2D version of Dark Souls out now. It's not Dark Souls, but it's heavily inspired by Dark Souls and other "Metroidmania" games. It's called Salt and Sanctuary. I might download it and check it out next weekend when I get a chance.

I didn't really play many games this weekend, which was a shame. I'd like to get into Far Cry Primal but I fear I'm losing interest.

Sourdeez said:
Have you tried the HTC Vive and Roomscale VR? Does it cause motion sickness for you?

I'm curious to see hear about that myself.

If VR is going to be thing, it would be good to know which one to get.

I came home late last night from a judo committee meeting and one of my downloads had finished, so before I went to bed, I spent about half an hour playing Salt and Sanctuary, which I downloaded for PS4.

It's pretty cool. It's seriously a Dark Souls rip off, but in a good way. It's a 2D platformer similar to that of Metroid and Castlevania, but it's hard, just like Dark Souls. It has cool, stylistic cartoony art and in regards to being a Dark Souls rip off... it's almost the same. Menu structure, pacing, sound effects, vague/crypticness etc.

I think it's great and I look forward to playing more this weekend, once I finish these bastard uni assignments.

In addition to AC IV: Black Flag, I've been working on finishing up Dust: an Elysian Tail and also playing good old Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on my Vita.

MattAY said:
^ what do you think of Zestiria?

Story was so bland. :(

Didn't enjoy the last boss battle cause all you need to do is spam a spell on the last boss while standing and guarding on a safe area. And even the cameo boss battles cause it's Sophie and Jade unlike on other Tales wherein you fight the main characters of Tales of Destiny 1 and 2.

I still manage to platinum it though. Hopefully Tales of Berseria won't be like this. I honestly enjoyed Game of Dice more lol!

I got a chance to sit down and play Salt and Sanctuary.

As I've mentioned before, it's seriously a rip off of Dark Souls, which isn't a bad thing. Menu structure, setting, enemies, music, style... it's seriously the Souls series but in 2D form.

I tried playing the other night but it was really hard and I got really frustrated. I picked it up again today though, did some more exploring, found better weapons, leveled up, got new stats/skills and I ended up killing three bosses today. One of them I didn't even die on, so that's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo