What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green_Lantern said:
Persona Dancing All Night. A talking protagonist is kind of weird.
It's like that in the fighting games too (Persona 4 Arena, Ultimax), but I agree that it's kind of weird. The name also throws me off since I watched the Giant Bomb Endurance Run of the original Persona 4 in which they named the protagonist Charlie Tunoku. Who's this Yu Narukami guy?! He'll always be Charlie to me...

Still swapping in between Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and Mad Max.

MGSV is still fun, but it does get a bit repetitive at times, especially Side Ops. I find that I seem to always have no GMP (money) and it's annoying that all of my structures, upgrades etc. have to be built in real time. So it's gonna take two hours to build something, but I can't turn my PS4 off or anything. That's a bit annoying.

Other than that, I'm having fun with it. Might go back to Mad Max soon.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection comes out this weekend for PS4, I'll be picking that up. :)

Anthony_LaBella said:
Green_Lantern said:
Persona Dancing All Night. A talking protagonist is kind of weird.
It's like that in the fighting games too (Persona 4 Arena, Ultimax), but I agree that it's kind of weird. The name also throws me off since I watched the Giant Bomb Endurance Run of the original Persona 4 in which they named the protagonist Charlie Tunoku. Who's this Yu Narukami guy?! He'll always be Charlie to me...
I still think I picked the best possible name.

918mKao.jpg

The Uncharted: Nathan Drake collection is out here today in Australia for PS4. I'll be picking my copy up after work. Pretty keen for it. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to play it until the weekend.

Europa Universalis 4, initiated a war against Wu and 2 of its allies, got Ming to grant me access into their provinces, took out the allies one by one before I did some hit & run tactics against Wu themselves. Their army was too big for me to take on so hired some mercs but sending ships to and from Portugal to China takes half a year or so one-way. In the meantime, Spain had a conquest Casus Beli against Wu and sent their army there, kicking ass and taking names, not just against Wu but their two allies. Waited it out and had Spain take out most of Wu's army and went in and mopped them up.

Ended the war with 6 provinces instead of the original 1 and high overextension, all nations of China hating me and a cut of the Asian trade market.

Pretty sweet for a trade empire.

Just finished Soma. So glad the GR video mentioned it was very Phillip K Dick as that is my favorite writer.

Really good game to finish.

I gave Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection a go last night, starting with the first of the series, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

The PS4 remaster of the game looks amazing. The graphics have been updated yes (textures, lighting, detail on models) but they hold very strong today, still looks fantastic. My girlfriend fan girl'd out over the main theme of the game - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aEg3GH0IE4

The game play feels a bit out of date though. The cover system feels a bit clunky and so does melee combat. In saying that, aiming still feels easy, easy to bust out head shots left, right and center.

That being said, there's a 1ish GB day one patch for the game that apparently addresses game play issues, optimization, performance etc. so I was playing the game without the patch. I wonder how much of a difference it'll make? Regardless, I know Uncharted 2: Among Thieves drastically improves game play, so we'll see how we go.

I've said this before but I'll say it again, if you've got a PS4 and you've never played any of the Uncharted games, now is the perfect time.

Master_Craig said:
The game play feels a bit out of date though. The cover system feels a bit clunky and so does melee combat. In saying that, aiming still feels easy, easy to bust out head shots left, right and center.

I felt this way even when the game originally released, but I still enjoyed it. I dig the pacing and was even surprised with how the plot unfolded; a superb series overall. If I recall correctly, the combat system is a bit more fluid in the following titles.

As for the Battlefront Beta... I like it! I've only played a few matches on Walker Assault but have found nothing to complain about so far. It seems pretty well optimized; no noticeable drops in frame rate. Playing as Luke Skywalker was a blast. I also got to see Vader force choke another player; that was very cool.

I will say the music is a bit overwhelming, and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off or at least attenuate it; only a "master" volume control. I do love the music but it plays constantly.

No classes make the game really repetitive. I'm sure the final game will be better, since the loadouts will let you get stuff like rocket launchers and all that, but still.

The one map is heavily imbalanced, and dogfighting in particular is very onesided.

I mean, there's more, but it is just Battlefield but Star Wars.

Maybe after a few months of patches and content it will be good. But I wouldn't suggest paying for this.

I'd like to play Battlefront, it's just a shame there's no single player campaign. I don't play multiplayer games very often.

Sorry to hear about your experience with the game, guys. I was really looking forward to Battlefront. Maybe the final version might be better and more polished? Maybe. :/

I am sure star wars fans will still get that special feeling in their pants when they play it. Physical based lighting looks really good,

I can see Battlefront getting repetitive, but what FPS game isn't? I would like some more objectives (and not just "go plant bomb here or defend that VIP.") and varying support roles to break the monotony - that goes for any shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaminglovex