What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads up, StudioTan! Unfortunately, while Mirror's Edge wasn't exactly the best game, it was in my opinion a great technical achievement and at the very least, something new to try. I would recommend everyone give it a go and take advantage of this offer. :)

I'm still playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. Thirty hours into it. I've enjoyed it so far but it's gotten so good now!

StudioTan said:
Mirror's Edge is currently FREE for everyone on PSN Store, not just Plus subscribers. It's only available this weekend, though. Don't miss out!

Wow, this thread has reached 200 pages! Nice!
Should have mentioned it. EA Peter Moore announced the free games for PS Experience. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (PS4) Mirror's Edge (PS3) and Need for Speed (Vita) You have until 6PM PCT Sunday (today) to download them.

Master_Craig said:
I'm still playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. Thirty hours into it. I've enjoyed it so far but it's gotten so good now!

Well worth all that and more. Actively playing that, Destiny, and Sunset Overdrive right now.

Mirror's Edge is ok. You first get the impression that it's an open-world but there's a surprising linearity to its levels. The story is terrible but that was expected. I do like the flow of the levels once I get a sense of how to traverse all the obstacles. Having said that, some of the platforming is rather hit or miss, requiring precision timing. I felt like I should have made many maneuvers that I ended up failing. I can't really complain too much. After all, it was free.

Etrian Odyssey IV, started it up and feels so familiar after being away from it for years. Got my team rolling (Landskencht, Protector, Runemaster, Medic and Sniper) and we're cruising all over, kicking ass and running away from FOEs. Feels easier than previous versions (No fountains where Venom Butterflies can start one-shotting you with the party killer poison?) but still well worth waiting for.

HK-47 said:
Etrian Odyssey IV, started it up and feels so familiar after being away from it for years. Got my team rolling (Landskencht, Protector, Runemaster, Medic and Sniper) and we're cruising all over, kicking ass and running away from FOEs. Feels easier than previous versions (No fountains where Venom Butterflies can start one-shotting you with the party killer poison?) but still well worth waiting for.

Those games have superb musical scores. I really want to play them, if only for that reason.

I really like this one in particular:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_uzwC2-2wQ

I began Mirror's Edge as well. I'm enjoying it so far, but the story is crap. I'm not going to enjoy it as much as Daniel though. I like it for parkour aspect.

Saints Row IV, getting my crew and am pretty much unstoppable, even without using the 'Murica Gun.

And Etrian Odyssey IV, Got to the second land but forgot what I was suppose to do. Got a nice buffer for currency and can afford just about anything once it's available.

Using Landsknecht, Fortress, Medic, Nightseeker and Runemaster, got diversity for attack types now but really miss my Dancer. Capped her Attack Buff dance and it's pretty sweet for FOE hunting.

StudioTan said:
HK-47 said:

Those games have superb musical scores. I really want to play them, if only for that reason.

I really like this one in particular:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_uzwC2-2wQ

That takes me back, had some real good fun with the first game. You could even skip it and go for Etrian Odyssey: Untold.

Giving Outlast a spin. Alien Isolation was perfect training for this! The alien scares me much more than a fat guy.

Still plugging away at Diablo 3. I've reached level 47 I think and just finished Act 2. It has kept me from finishing the other games I have on the go. I finally died. A lot. I switched the difficulty to I think expert or master or whatever is before torment. I died because I was stuck in a narrow hallway with three of those rotating arcane beams. Damn those things can be annoying.

I also have a secondary character I'm playing through on hardcore mode. I'm not changing the difficulty on that one though haha. Maybe to hard but that's about it.

I've played a little bit of Diablo 3. Only two long sessions to be exact. Level 11 or so. Wizard. Really enjoying the freeze abilities.

I've also been playing more of my MyPlayer career in NBA2K15. An undersized power forward, started my career with the Raptors, they let me go after a 10-day contract, picked up by the Pistons, became a starter over Greg Monroe, but missed the playoffs because they were already way in the basement before I joined the team. In free agency, I joined the Lakers on a one-year contract. I think we're 13-4. I haven't simmed a game.

I've been tempted to buy Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition for PS4 to play co-op with my friends. Is it worth it?

I'm still Inquisiting in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Fifty plus hours, just hit level seventeen.

Master_Craig said:
I've been tempted to buy Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition for PS4 to play co-op with my friends. Is it worth it?

I'm still Inquisiting in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Fifty plus hours, just hit level seventeen.

Yes. Yes it is. My response has nothing to do with me wanting people to play online with. I swear.

Dragon Age: Inquisition

The PC controls are just about ass, the dialogue and writing makes me want to slit my wrists, and the combat is clunky and awkward.

But fuck, it's pretty damn fun. I'll put it through its paces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133