What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah man, unfortunately due to time restrictions (the event was three hours long) plus the amount of contestants, matches were all one versus one.

So one on one, three minute rounds with three stock lives each. No items, and all levels must be played in Omega setting (essentially Final Destination). It was also elimination based, so if you lost one match, you were knocked out of the tournament.

I lost my first match to that really pro guy, so I got eliminated. My two friends who were playing, they won a few matches each, but then they both faced the pro guy individually and lost to him. I suspect he (pro guy) won.

I played some more Destiny solo over the weekend, and the game is both opening up but also getting a bit stale, oddly. I'm lvl27 now, and at progress where I've just met the Cabal, and The Taken King content has just been available (have done some missions for expansions 1 & 2). This opens up so many missions, sub-missions, patrols, strikes, raids at the same time that it's a bit overwhelming (but in a way that choice is good), but at the same time the mission structures are all identical and make the experience somewhat stale: go there, kill baddies along the way, open door/scan object, fend off hordes, go to boss area, spawning restricted, kill more baddies and boss in final arena. The shooting is still solid though, but gear upgrade feels like it's getting slower, since blue gear has quite some staying power due to upgraded perks. Game value is very good though, with more than enough content to justify a purchase, even at $60 full price (=will pre-order Destiny 2 and play at launch).

Solo play or non-coordinated Crucible won't be a problem, but I feel it might be difficult to find buddies for raids, when the time comes.

Master_Craig said:
Yeah man, unfortunately due to time restrictions (the event was three hours long) plus the amount of contestants, matches were all one versus one.

So one on one, three minute rounds with three stock lives each. No items, and all levels must be played in Omega setting (essentially Final Destination). It was also elimination based, so if you lost one match, you were knocked out of the tournament.

I lost my first match to that really pro guy, so I got eliminated. My two friends who were playing, they won a few matches each, but then they both faced the pro guy individually and lost to him. I suspect he (pro guy) won.

But... but.... they could've done 4 people fixed-time death matches (like 5 minute single round), and let the sole winner advance to the next round! It'd speed up the event perhaps four-fold at least, and it'll retain the essence of Smash. javascript:emoticon(':evil:')

sli said:
I played some more Destiny solo over the weekend, and the game is both opening up but also getting a bit stale, oddly. I'm lvl27 now, and at progress where I've just met the Cabal, and The Taken King content has just been available (have done some missions for expansions 1 & 2). This opens up so many missions, sub-missions, patrols, strikes, raids at the same time that it's a bit overwhelming (but in a way that choice is good), but at the same time the mission structures are all identical and make the experience somewhat stale: go there, kill baddies along the way, open door/scan object, fend off hordes, go to boss area, spawning restricted, kill more baddies and boss in final arena. The shooting is still solid though, but gear upgrade feels like it's getting slower, since blue gear has quite some staying power due to upgraded perks. Game value is very good though, with more than enough content to justify a purchase, even at $60 full price (=will pre-order Destiny 2 and play at launch).

Solo play or non-coordinated Crucible won't be a problem, but I feel it might be difficult to find buddies for raids, when the time comes.

The game IS more fun with other people as being solo will get stale and I doubt you will finish the entire game before getting completely bored.

I will NOT be pre-ordering Destiny 2 as for all I know the game will be worse than the first one. I'm going to wait and see how it turns out as I want a bang-up experience on day one without patches and expansions to fill it in. Destiny was one of the most disappointing games of this generation and that surprised me coming from Bungie. I hope Halo didn't dry up all their creativity.

I played through the first chapter of Telltale's Batman game. They set up a pretty interesting scenario so far, though I'm a bit weirded out by the idea that Bruce Wayne and Oswald Cobblepot were childhood friends. I don't know if that idea was ever introduced in the comics at any point, but I don't really follow those anymore and it's a very foreign idea to me.

COMaestro said:
I played through the first chapter of Telltale's Batman game. They set up a pretty interesting scenario so far, though I'm a bit weirded out by the idea that Bruce Wayne and Oswald Cobblepot were childhood friends. I don't know if that idea was ever introduced in the comics at any point, but I don't really follow those anymore and it's a very foreign idea to me.

Comic stories are locked down tighter than Fort Knox. Unless it's directly in the comic they usually have to stick with what's canon with rare exceptions. So, it probably happened somewhere along the comic timeline.

COMaestro said:

I'm not sure if Oswald and Bruce were friends during their childhood or/and later years, but in the comics, Oswald Cobblepot does blame (and hate) the Wayne family for the fall of Cobblepot's financial empire. I'm not sure if the Wayne's were actually responsible, but Oswald certainly thinks so.

I think Telltale's Batman just wanted to put a different spin on things and shake up the Batman lore a bit, since like the "Arkhamverse", the Telltale version of Batman is its own unique universe.

Picked up Bayonetta for $20 on Steam. My only disappointment is that it does not support 21:9 UWD monitors, but thankfully I keep a 32" LG 16:9 monitor right next to it for things like this. My UWD is beautiful and I wish I could use it for this.

Solid 60FPS throughout, can use Xbox One or 360 controller, great PC options, 4K support, I can't complain.

Ivory_Soul said:
Picked up Bayonetta for $20 on Steam. My only disappointment is that it does not support 21:9 UWD monitors, but thankfully I keep a 32" LG 16:9 monitor right next to it for things like this. My UWD is beautiful and I wish I could use it for this.

Solid 60FPS throughout, can use Xbox One or 360 controller, great PC options, 4K support, I can't complain.

Hope you enjoy Bayonetta! One of the best action games for sure, and it still holds up I'm sure.

Was looking at monitors today; the 21:9 ultrawide ones look really cool, but are they good for work/office/general use (in smaller screen sizes like 26")? I like thin bezels on my displays (on all four sides), so didn't like any of the designs currently on sale (and within budget)... so went and bought a normal 16:9 LG 24MP88, to upgrade from 13" laptop screen at the office... I'm guessing ultrawide is mainly for games/movies/images to look pretty (and I do want one!).

Productivity should be better on a 21:9 ultrawide as you can fit two windows side by side easier.

Can't wait for the 32:9 Monitors to release later this year.
4b509b77-a057-4299-acfa-2fcc806c4f0d.jpg

Makes me want to try a triple screen 63:9 setup. Would probably hurt my neck.

sli said:
Ivory_Soul said:

Hope you enjoy Bayonetta! One of the best action games for sure, and it still holds up I'm sure.

Was looking at monitors today; the 21:9 ultrawide ones look really cool, but are they good for work/office/general use (in smaller screen sizes like 26")? I like thin bezels on my displays (on all four sides), so didn't like any of the designs currently on sale (and within budget)... so went and bought a normal 16:9 LG 24MP88, to upgrade from 13" laptop screen at the office... I'm guessing ultrawide is mainly for games/movies/images to look pretty (and I do want one!).

I played Bayonetta before. I actually pre-ordered it on Xbox 360 back when it came out. UWD are great for office use and I wish we had one at our office. I just have two crappy Dell monitors at work and would love an UWD there. The one I got was $400 and is an LG 29UM69-P. It's gorgeous and such amazing quality for only $400 I am actually blown away by it. You can actually split the screen in two and use it like a dual monitor setup but it's just one. I don't need to do that as I have another monitor next to it, but it's a possibility.

I'm getting back into Elite: Dangerous again. The game needs way more content, but I find it enjoyable to fly around in VR checking out all the sights.

Ivory_Soul said:

Can't you just play it in 16:9 but with black bars on the sides of the screen? That's what I usually do with my x34.

Green_Lantern said:
Ivory_Soul said:

Can't you just play it in 16:9 but with black bars on the sides of the screen? That's what I usually do with my x34.

WHy? I have a 32" 16:9 right next to my UWD. I can't stand that. If I wanted to play it in 4:3 (which it ends up being) I would play it on an old ass CRT TV. If a game doesn't support UWD it goes over to the 32" LG. There's a program called Flawless Widescreen that patches many many games to be playable in UWD. One of those being Skyrim and Mortal Kombat X. It's great.

One thing I can't stand is when people complain we whine for playing a game in a "niche resolution" and "Wah no one forced you to buy a UWD" People said that about 16:9 about 15-20 years ago. "Wah play it in 4:3. That's what you get for buying a niche monitor" UWD will be a standard eventually.

@Sourdeez
That looks awesome; didn't know there are going to be even wider displays, 21:9 is already new to me, and I don't think I've actually seen any in person before! Do you like curved displays? I think they give me a bit of a headache...

@Ivory_Soul
The LG I got was about $270 equivalent, which I think is clearance price, since mine was the last unit at that online retailer. I'd still like to get a super wide display in the future though! (And hopefully consoles will support such resolutions someday as well... hmm... Xenoblade 2 on Switch at superwide res... most likely pipe dream... RDR2 on PS4 more possible, but probably still unlikely.)

sli said:
@Sourdeez
That looks awesome; didn't know there are going to be even wider displays, 21:9 is already new to me, and I don't think I've actually seen any in person before! Do you like curved displays? I think they give me a bit of a headache...

@Ivory_Soul
The LG I got was about $270 equivalent, which I think is clearance price, since mine was the last unit at that online retailer. I'd still like to get a super wide display in the future though! (And hopefully consoles will support such resolutions someday as well... hmm... Xenoblade 2 on Switch at superwide res... most likely pipe dream... RDR2 on PS4 more possible, but probably still unlikely.)

I doubt it because for TVs to be 21:9 the entire entertainment industry would need to switch resolutions. Movie theaters are still 16:9 so, therefore, TVs will stay that way. Yes, it would be wonderful to play console exclusives on UWD, but it will never happen in the near future, if ever. UWD are for a select person and that's an artists or gamer.

Still playing Super Mario Maker and Korosu Mario World.

In Mario Maker, I created a very nasty ass course. It was actually a great course to start, but after my checkpoint it was just pure sh*t. Most kaizo streamers will enjoy a good troll moment. It's just that people just make pure sh*t courses with too many trolls.

Here's my course getting two different streamers during the same spot LMAO
https://clips.twitch.tv/AffluentUnusual ... nsUncleNox

https://clips.twitch.tv/BrightTardyPter ... imizePrime

If anyone is good enough and wants to play my course, let me know. Very likely I feel none of you are.

I've been playing lots of My Player in NBA 2K17. I just finished my rookie season, won rookie of the year, and am starting the playoffs.

Also I've been playing through Final Fantasy IX. Almost to the end of disc one.

Still plugging through The Witcher III, though I've slowed down a bunch with all the NBA I've been hooked on nightly.

UghRochester said:
https://clips.twitch.tv/AffluentUnusualClintmullinsUncleNox

https://clips.twitch.tv/BrightTardyPter ... imizePrime

If anyone is good enough and wants to play my course, let me know. Very likely I feel none of you are.
Ouch. Savage UghRoastchester in the house.
airhorn_icon_zpscyopmsei.png

I've been playing Diablo III. Lots and lots of Diablo III. Got through season 10 with a monk on PS4 and a demon hunter on PC. Boosted all my brothers through it on PS4, and now my monk is my strongest character. Seasons are weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod