were you good for Santa this year?

Kuulei_N

Rookie
All right guys, what did you get for Christmas? Since I have a ton of relatives, we decided to do a secret santa thing for adults. For the youngins, everyone separately bought each of them three or four gifts, so they got some great stuff, like clothes and toys, but they tossed the clothes out of the way to make space for the toys.

Anyway, I got Kinect with Dance Central (Woo!!) and Kinect Adventures.

Your turn.

The 21 volume boxset of Bleach.
Fallout New Vegas
Wii Fit Plus
A couple of nice shirts
Everything else were stocking fillers and/or smellies and socks

@UghRochester and @Green_Lantern: any idea on what you're going to buy with the giftcard/monies? I got some gift cards too, I was either thinking of buying a new router or save it up for the list of games coming out next year.

@MattAY: Nice! I wanted the Wii Fit Plus!! Let me know how you like it.

I got Kinect, dance central, kinect adventures, and kinect sports, as well as some money (spent on a new motherboard/video card) and a record player/recorder for the studio.

It's amazingly fun. And I bought it to burn off some calories. The christmas period hasnt really given me a chance to porper workout on it yet. But the snowboarding is fun!
In terms of comparing it to the first Wii Fit, I cant help since I never had it.

MattAY said:
My christmas period hasnt really given me a chance to porper workout on it yet.

Dude, you menstrate?

Sorry, that's how it read to me.

Anyway, I ended up having a really nice Christmas with the kids. They were super excited about all the presents, although Noah was sad that he didn't get the Boba Fett helmet that he wanted. All in all, I made out with a new, red Dualshock, new sweater, shirt, pants, and belt, two BDs (How to...Dragon, Inception), camping gear, toolbox and three giftcards. That was a whole lot more than I had been expecting, so I was really happy with it all.

Also, I got a mother fucking panini maker!!!!!

Bretimus_v2 said:
MattAY said:
My christmas period hasnt really given me a chance to porper workout on it yet.

Dude, you menstrate?

Sorry, that's how it read to me.

Are you making fun of me?! DONT LAUGH AT ME!! I'm at an emotional time right now! FUCK YOU MAN!

>sob<.......>sob<.....

I love you Bret.

badass frying pans, badass blender, badass toaster, badass knife, badass silverware. yep, gettin to that point in my life where my presents are all useful every day things. i asked for dexter season 4 but somehow didn't get it. loved my presents though.

pretty much have all the toys i want though so kitchen stuff was all i could think of =)

Kuulei_N said:
@UghRochester and @Green_Lantern: any idea on what you're going to buy with the giftcard/monies? I got some gift cards too, I was either thinking of buying a new router or save it up for the list of games coming out next year.

@MattAY: Nice! I wanted the Wii Fit Plus!! Let me know how you like it.
$25 doesn't really get you a new game. I'll probably buy some pre-owned games like Dead Rising 2.

Oh Dead Rising, how I love that game. I'm looking to get a bit more bang for my buck by getting cheap games with my money. Enslaved or Dragon Age Origins....oh the decisions.

So.... how many Christmas topics do we really need? Can we move them all into one? I think that'd be better than having my homepage cluttered with 5 different ones that are all basically saying the same thing...

Enslaved I've never played. But Used etc wont stop going on about it! So consider thoroughly.

Dragon Age is mightily good though, it'll take many many many hours of your time. It's one of those games where (if you are a single, no child bachelor) play one hour of it, before you know it, you've played 7 in one go.
I dont think you can go wrong with either.

PS - Deadrisiing 2 is mightily fun. I played the opening sequence about 4 times before I started the actual game.

schimmel said:
So.... how many Christmas topics do we really need? Can we move them all into one? I think that'd be better than having my homepage cluttered with 5 different ones that are all basically saying the same thing...

Errr one is stating what you got.

One is stating what you bought for others.

And one is stating random Blackstar humour.

The 3 legs that form the mighty tripod of GR Christmas topics.

Dont complain, I could easily say the same thing for all the damn movie topics we get around here.

At least they are separate movies, right?

Or should we just make a current movie chat topic? I personally would like to see a lot more chat topics with specific areas of interest. I was thinking that that would be better than my short-lived comic book club. :(

Anyways, something on topic....my son scolded me last night on calling his new Christmas gift Light Saber a sword. Well, forgive me, Starkiller.

I did think of that. I'm not a big movie lover though. So see what all the Wickeds and Letheans think about the one movie topic thing.

Calling a lightsaber a sword is pretty rookie buddy! Learn from it and grow, like a flower - you will bloom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod