Unsolved Mysteries {Possible Spoilers}

kingg5

Rookie
Have you ever played a game were it left so many loop holes, or the ending just didn't make sense? Name the game that made you confused and see if anyone on this beloved forum can answer that mystery.

I guess I have one. According to lore in Diablo 1, if the soulstones used to contain the prime evils were destroyed, untold havoc would be unleashed, and they would no longer be bound to their effects.

However, in Diablo II, :smash:.

Then, in Diablo III, only Diablo comes back, and said havoc from the first game doesn't happen. What's the deal with that? Did Blizzard just tie a brick around lore's ankles and throw it off a cliff, like most other developers seem to enjoy so much?

De-Ting said:
I guess I have one. According to lore in Diablo 1, if the soulstones used to contain the prime evils were destroyed, untold havoc would be unleashed, and they would no longer be bound to their effects.

However, in Diablo II, :smash:.

Then, in Diablo III, only Diablo comes back, and said havoc from the first game doesn't happen. What's the deal with that? Did Blizzard just tie a brick around lore's ankles and throw it off a cliff, like most other developers seem to enjoy so much?

Well in the end of diablo 2, when the world stone gets destroyed, Tyriel warns you that the world after the destruction might never happen. Maybe a world of peace or a world where every effort made to save humanity in the past thousands years will be undone... But yeah, Blizzard is lazy just like a comic publisher (RESET EVERYTHING!)

And now... dare i say this... Metal gear solid 2. So many plotholes, so many grudging moments never explained... like why the Eff did they only talk in codecs... when they are only 2 feet away from each other!

Nintendo never really explained Browser's unhealthy fascination with Princess Peach is and where his kids came from. Unless...

kingg5 said:
Have you ever played a game were it left so many loop holes, or the ending just didn't make sense? Name the game that made you confused and see if anyone on this beloved forum can answer that mystery.

Mass Effect 3

I knew someone would mention mass effect. To be honest I'm a major fan of Mass Effect and half this stuff I don't even know what the're talking about. They talk only in codex in MGS 2 so they can't be over heard.

Of course that opens even more questions like they don't talk using their minds. Just played the HD remake recently and noticed when Olga talks about her child she uses the word he/him. Of course in MGS4 her child is a girl.

One that puzzles me includeds one of my most hated games of all time, FF7 Dirge of Cerberus. If you find the secret ending it hint to a possible new one in the series.

Yeah the codec thing always cracked me up. I'm sure it was explained when I was t paying attention, but it's like everyone has ESP.

People have gone mad trying to connect The Legend of Zelda games together in chronological order.

Oh and about Olga's child in MGS2, it's been awhile but I recall Olga saying her child was taken from her after she delivered. Although it is kind of silly that she assumed it was a he lol.

Isnt it still implied?

I have Kazooie, Tooie and Nuts & Bolts. I've gathered all the eggs from the secret places (the shark cave, the ice key etc) in Tooie. But sadly, that then forwards all the ACTUAL rewards onto Nuts & Bolts. Coloured boxes have become available corresponding to the colour of each egg. I opened one and it was a part for vehicles...to be honest, Im really not bothered to find out about the rest since the game sucks!

MattAY said:
Isnt it still implied?

I have Kazooie, Tooie and Nuts & Bolts. I've gathered all the eggs from the secret places (the shark cave, the ice key etc) in Tooie. But sadly, that then forwards all the ACTUAL rewards onto Nuts & Bolts. Coloured boxes have become available corresponding to the colour of each egg. I opened one and it was a part for vehicles...to be honest, Im really not bothered to find out about the rest since the game sucks!

To be fair, they actually put it back in on the XBLA version of BK and BT, and hinted at a new game.

I'm curious about the man in black in RDR also. Any ideas? Also who is the mysterious merchent in RE4, What happened to Barry Burton and Rebecca Chambers after RE1 and 3?

Supposedly the man in black in RDR is supposed to represent the grim reaper according to some people.

Mysterious Merchant was just a random creeper with a lot of guns.

Rebecca Chambers is in one of the RE books, as for Barry, who knows, I figured his character might come back in RE6 but it seems no luck for him or Rebecca, although Capcom might just have given up on supporting characters and only cares about big name ones for their console releases.

All of the Mass Effect games are full of plot holes just due to the fact that the writer change or they just said ef it like Capcom and hope people don't notice how screwed the storyline is or how bad the 'bad guys' were written and WTF happened to Harbinger? Also see Starchild and the rainbow ending pre-EC minus the breath scene (which obviously will become canon for ME4)

Ananymous said:
Supposedly the man in black in RDR is supposed to represent the grim reaper according to some people.
Yeah I've heard that he's a stand-in for death as well. "To test Marston's moral fiber." Honestly any "morality" in that game was kind of wasted because it didn't mean shit in the end.

Agreed. But it affected the way you had to go about shopping and getting stuff along the way. There are a lot of ideas, Satan, God, St Peter, lots of religious stuff. Supposedly he's in a picture at the John's cabin.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle