SPOILERS Bioshock Infinite SPOILERS

Hey Wicked, the two people you meet in the game are the Lutece twins who are actually the same person, just from different dimensions. Rosalind, the female, discovered the dimension-ripping technology after meeting Comstock following the Wounded Knee massacre. Her research helped Comstock build the floating city and eventually see through to an alternative reality where Comstock is Booker and has a daughter.

My understanding was that Booker gets the note "bring us the girl and wipe away the debt" in two different instances. The first instance of receiving the note is when he gives Anna to Comstock thinking that this will take care of his gambling debt. The second instance (I believe) is when Rosalind/Robert/or possibly even Elizabeth give him the note before shooting him up to the sky in the lighthouse.

The Lutece twins are really cool. I love how Rosalind discovers the alternate dimension stuff first and then goes and mocks the ever-living shit out of her "brother."

Ahhhhh, thanks buddy.

Although that still leaves my other question open. Which is how did Elizabeth/Anna get these powers in the first place? Was she born with them? Is it the result of an experiment gone wrong after she was taken by Comstock? Or is it just left open to interpretation? Or as a hipster would call it, "bad writing"?

Damn hipsters with their make-out parties and their loud indie music.

I've read places that Elizabeth got the dimensional abilities from being taken from one dimension to the other and then as she matured in Columbia she started to discover her powers. There's a bunch in the game about the powers being tied to her womanly cycle.

Her womanly cycle? Damn.. And I thought some theories on Kubrick's The Shinning were crackpot at best lol.

Of course I should play it through a second time to get a better understanding but it's a tad complicated and some nagging questions need answers.

Biggest "oh shit" moment has to be in the beginning. You're just wandering around playing games like it's a market town in a Zelda game: Listening to Beach Boys A Capella and losing yourself in this happy-go-lucky paradise. But then OMG THAT RACIST BASTARD JUST GOT A SPINNING BLADE IN HIS FACE lol.

Listen to the Lutece tapes around when you get to their lab. Essentially, the universe abhors an anomaly. Her powers are because she is in the wrong dimension but not wholly (due to her finger).

Also there was only one note. The Lutece twins dropped directly into Booker's room. His confusion and the reoccurring dream are his brain's attempt at bringing him up to speed wih the new reality. One of the tapes said that people who left their reality would suffer effects to their memory.

Bretimus_v2 said:
but not wholly (due to her finger).
Ah yes, forgot about this. Great mind fuck game. I would play it through again but I don't really wanna spend the 8 hours or so. Wonder how fast I could go through on easy.

I was thinking the same thing when it came up for free. Did you catch all of te other songs in the game? There is a rem song in there. Shiny happy people.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I was thinking the same thing when it came up for free. Did you catch all of te other songs in the game? There is a rem song in there. Shiny happy people.

Whaaaaaaat?? No I did not catch that. I did hear tears for fears though.

I'm replaying it so I'll wait and see if I notice it. I'm at the beach scene and after you find Elizabeth dancing I can hear Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, lol. I didn't notice it the first time!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod