SPOILERS Bioshock Infinite SPOILERS

50g6SAh.jpg

I love the ending, the way it plays with and ultimately focuses quantum mechanic theories on the life of a single man. Really well done too, the payoff after beating the game is amazing as I felt like the ending took like half an hour.

I've seen on other places that the story or conclusion is hard to understand, but I thought it was pretty clear. In one reality, a man serves at Wounded Knee and is baptized, meets a scientist in quantum mechanics, makes a floating city with her, gets a wife and goes all religious, and then goes sterile. Has the scientist find another reality where the man doesn't go through with the baptism. In that reality he becomes a private detective, has a child with an unknown woman, becomes an alcoholic, apparently in debt, with his daughter Anna. The baptized man uses this knowledge to get Anna from the private detective. The story is a total mind-bender, but it's so fun to think about.

The Luteces are actually the same individual, Rosalind Lutece, but the male is from an alternate universe and Rosalind decided to keep him around, I guess to make fun of him for not figuring out quantum shit before her.

I didn't kill the soldier guy, threw the thing at the announcer, chose tails, and uhhh don't remember many of the other choices. Did everyone see at the end when Booker went to see if Anna was in her crib?

What do you think the DLC is going to be like? I think they'll do something showing alternate universes, like the DLC will show how Columbia or the story might be if we had met the different Elizabeths as they were at the end. Is the current Booker dead?

I didnt kill the soldier(I found him later in aroom sitting in a chair. He looked like he had been tortured into confession)

Here is the "secret ending" after the credits where he looks for anna in the crib.
http://youtu.be/nTWHtH9pX88

I know its a long shot but I really would like a DLC that made the guns have physically upgraded features like how upgrading in Bioshock one literally changed the mechanical pieces on the gun.

I too thought the ending wasn't difficult to understand but it did take me some time to work it all out in my head as the credits rolled. That said Ilove the ending, right up there with Red Dead Redemption as best stories ever.

I too didn't kill Slate, also tried to hit the announcer at the start (Jeremiah Fink, didn't noticed that till my second play through) and chose the bird as her necklace/choker thing.

I'm currently play through it again on 1999 but I'm keeping a eye on her necklace to see if it changes at anyone point when you start crossing into other universes. Or look at the end to see if she's still wearing it or not.

As for DLC that's gonna be tricky but I feel they can pull it off. I'm thinking it might have something to do with Rapture because Ken Levine (when asked about DLC) said "The story stuff I’m working on is love letter to fans." That to me seems to indicate something tied into the first Bioshock in some way. Maybe get to see a Big Daddy fight it out with a Handyman?

Here's the source for Ken Levine from your sister site: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... r-to-fans/

Totally and utterly ridiculous. Lets not even begin to talk about the future rips and how it doesn't impact you in any way possible (what the fuck)

Oh yeah, there's a massive amount of disbelief that needs to be suspended, but if you can do it, the conflict resolution is great imo.

This is offtopic but if you want a good anime(That is dubbed as well) that deals with quantum theory and the multiverse check out
Noene to your other self.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=5887

As for the game, I didn't think to look to see if her necklace changed every time we jumped dimensions. Hit us back if you find it to be true.
I really would have liked more choices, better boss fights, and physical upgrades to guns.
The ending though, I was happy with the ending.

I can agree with Daniel that while the game is good and worth the money I spent, it still was missing that little something to push it over into 5/5 territory.

Just finished it. Utterly awesome.

I loved the final battle too, making the Songbird your friend was so cool. I did all the things you said. Let Slate live, threw at the announcer (the reward for that is when you see the captured couple later and they give you some gear), chose tails etc. I chose the bird necklace, and noticed she wore it at the end (before whistling for the bird).

As for the ending itself, yeah it took a while to work out to be honest. It clocked that Comstock and DeWitt were the same person when she said, "Comstock isnt dead". But holy crap, what a great ending. Nice little gimmick in having Rapture feature as one of the tears too!
The only thing I'm a little sad about is not having more "showdowns". Slate was one great showdown, and I was kinda hoping they'd be a couple more.

Did you guys touch the levers in the Siphon room near the beginning? I didnt...just curious if it did anything.

EDIT: Just had a thought about the Rapture thing. Do you think with all this alternate reality crap, that Booker is related to Andrew Ryan in some way?

Well I finished it again on 1999. The necklace never changes (expected it to when you cross over to see older Elizabeth) and none of the choices you make have any resonance in the story. Which is unfortunate because if you're gonna go with a multi-verse theme it'd be cool to have something that the player decides tie into the narrative.

@MattAY: I totally see it now when you mention Andrew Ryan being related to Booker (Comstock version anyway). Ryan went all super science and Comstock went all super religious. They both were instrumental in the building of these fantastical cities that defy all logic. Built a empire and set out to destroy the modern world.

Also I like how the Lutece twins are actually alternate reality versions of each other who perfected inter-dimensional travel. Thusly them finishing each other sentences in that creepy twin way and always managing to appear/vanish at key moments. They are actually underplayed in the story I think for being the catalyst for bringing Booker in and setting this all in motion.

Lastly I am noticing a very paternal theme in the series. Big Daddy and Little Sister from the first couple games. Now this has a father/daughter relationship (Also in Bioshock 2) which is not much different than the others. Plus they all end in much the same manner. You being surrounded at death by Little Sisters in 1 (good ending), Eleanor in 2 and Elizabeth in 3. This all play into the theme of Infinite in that there are infinite universes with lots of variable to them but constants that hold true in all.

wow, nice work noticing stuff t1p. It's stuff like that which makes me want to experience it all again!

How was 1999 mode? I just started, and almost died at the first fireman. It's going to be a long campaign I feel!

Basically what I got from the ending is that it works kind of like string theory where the choices in the world are the variables while the people inside of the worlds are the constants

I'm kinda glad that they did the whole Rapture thing, because it really muffled my initial complaints of "this feels like a wave shooter wearing a Bioshock mask." That said, the whole middle part from when the Vox Populi jack your airship until, like, Comstock's death didn't really make sense. So, is the world you killed Comstock in completely different from the world you entered? That shit doesn't flow. Also, why does Elizabeth have those magic powers in the first place? And I was a bit disappointed that there are only like two times that she opens tears into big scenic areas, once in the beginning and once in the elevator. And then it doesn't come up again until much later. Also, songbird comes up like four times in the whole game. It would've been interesting to have it as a constant threat, or at least as a showdown, or something. I dunno, but it would've been better than what felt like just another generic wave of enemies.

I think all of my problems with the game stem from it trying to be both an action game and a cinematic game, and in the process it falls short of both goals. While it's still a fabulous game, honestly, I'd advise people to wait until it gets cheaper.

In comparison to the first game, I'd say that the original is better. It gave you a strange new world, took the great design of System Shock 2 (albeit simplified), and made it feel organic. In Infinite, it was hard to enjoy the world you were put into because you spent too much time being shuffled off to the next wave of enemies or listening to Elizabeth with some random conversation.

Man, I don't know. I gotta think this over more and process it some.

But anyone who says that this is a work of art or an amazing masterpiece of storytelling needs to get their head out of Ken Levine's ass. It was good, but it wasn't THAT good.

Speaking of which, did you know that all gear is random? So if you happen to find a piece of gear right after a checkpoint, you can just reload the checkpoint and it'll be different. So you can do that until you get stuff you want.

I think the reason she has the power to open tears is because when she was a baby her finger was cut off from a tear which in turn I guess gave her powers.

It seems a little weird but maybe some of the power of the tear entered her body through contact

Gunner37 said:
I think the reason she has the power to open tears is because when she was a baby her finger was cut off from a tear which in turn I guess gave her powers.

It seems a little weird but maybe some of the power of the tear entered her body through contact
Pretty much what I thought. The Luteces can mess with the tears, but Elizabeth gains the ability to control them on her own and eventually search them until she becomes this God who can then close the paradoxical loop.

I finished this after playing through Spec Ops: The Line and The Walking Dead series done by Tell Tale. I feel like playing through those games immediately before this kind of diminished the story for me to some degree. Like the stories in those games put the bar higher in my mind. Infinite was still a good game and I enjoyed being in that world but didn't leave the game thinking it was as amazing as a lot of other people have told me it was. I will remember the reveal from Bioshock 1 much more then I will remember it in Infinite. Basically, it did not live up to the expectations I had going into it for a few reasons.

On a side note, does anyone else ever suffer from what I described above. Does your playing an amazing game make the next game seem not quite as good? Or even playing an absolutely terrible game making the next game seem all the better?

I read a quote the other day "I cant help but feel like Bioshock Infinite is a wonderful story ,wrapped in an average game."

I feel the same way.

daverabbit said:
On a side note, does anyone else ever suffer from what I described above. Does your playing an amazing game make the next game seem not quite as good? Or even playing an absolutely terrible game making the next game seem all the better?
Oh yeah. I mean I've always played a lot of games, but obviously more now and they definitely bleed together (especially if the mechanics are similar in any way).

Oh yeah, My prediction for the dlc is you will get to play other dimensional versions of Booker.

Like the one where he becomes a revolutionary martyr.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle