Tragedy in Aurora during Dark Knight Rises midnight showing

WickedLiquid said:
Madster, don't post the ingredients on how to make a bomb. I'm editing that out because it's retarded and disrespectful.
See:
Wes said:
Which aisle are the bombs in? Is there a section for nuclear warheads too?

There's a reason i posted it. It's to demonstrate how incredibly easy it is to create something to take a human life, and simply removing 1 form of common killing device will open the way for others to take up the slack.

As for the reduce in deaths by guns, yes it did decrease after they were banned.
The majority of the reduction was suicides, however (now people jump in front of trains to fuck up everyones day), and i'd say at least 1/2 of the homicides moved from guns to knives after guns were banned. The number of people going out and shooting other people still stayed roughly the same, because people who pre-planned that sort of thing won't care about owning an illegal gun.

Would banning guns change snap decision shootings? Sure. But violence will be violence, regardless of the weapon, and restricting the sale of firearms in the US wouldn't reduce the number of gun related deaths anywhere near enough to make it actually effective, and then there's the flipside of it maybe even increasing homicides due to only the robbers/home invaders having guns.
What's the percentage of gun killings done by family members/close friends? I'm guessing pretty high. If those people snapped and couldn't access a gun, they'd just grab a knife. If the person doesn't know they're being attacked, a knife is even more deadly than a gun once you ignore hydrostatic shock.

With the sheer amount of guns in the US, i get the feeling that putting restrictions on guns would make firearms be about as hard to get as weed - everyone knows a guy who can get you some, and anyone who would use a gun responsibly would be inconvenienced by the laws while the criminals maybe have to rob another couple people the make up the extra cost.

If there was a way to guarantee that all the guns in the US would be removed all at once, it might work. But there will always be ways through the system, and the drug traffickers will simply move to guns due to all the money they could make.

Optimus-Crime said:
I'd expect to be inconvenienced if I'm going to buy an assault rifle, a ton of ammo, ballistics armor, gas canisters, etc. I know you're saying Holmes could've gotten the materials some other way, but we'll never know because he did most of his shopping online without deterrent.

If we want control, we need to keep it simple.

Stop with automatic weapons. Eliminate that and yeah, people will still get them. But they probably won't use them as much if they can just get shotguns, handguns and bolt action varmit rifles instead.

Just my two cents. Of course, it's likely not going to work.

LinksOcarina said:
Optimus-Crime said:
I'd expect to be inconvenienced if I'm going to buy an assault rifle, a ton of ammo, ballistics armor, gas canisters, etc. I know you're saying Holmes could've gotten the materials some other way, but we'll never know because he did most of his shopping online without deterrent.

Stop with automatic weapons. Eliminate that and yeah, people will still get them. But they probably won't use them as much if they can just get shotguns, handguns and bolt action varmit rifles instead.

Do you know how difficult it is to get an automatic weapon legally? It usually takes at least a year of paperwork, plus I hope you have $10,000 to $15,000 saved up.

Madster, the US population is 314 million. 314 million people in America don't know where to buy marijuana, and 314 million people are not capable of murder. This is something Holmes set out to accomplish. And you don't go on a killing spree of this magnitude with a knife, or, like Links says, with handguns and bolt action rifles.
Seriously, Madster, you should think about pirating some NPR and Meet the Press alongside Breaking Bad and Weeds episodes.
314 million ppl =/= 1 James Holmes.

Green_Lantern said:
LinksOcarina said:
Optimus-Crime said:

Do you know how difficult it is to get an automatic weapon legally? It usually takes at least a year of paperwork, plus I hope you have $10,000 to $15,000 saved up.

No I didn't.

But it seems to be fairly common regardless.

It doesn't have to be an automatic. He had a semi and a 100 round drum mag for it. He could have squeezed off 50 to 60 rounds in 60 seconds had it not jammed on him and the body count would have been much higher.

What many people are saying is that weapons like this should not be available to the general public and I would have to agree with them. Those types of things are military grade and should only be available to the military.

They talked to some NRA guy who said that to him 6,000 rounds of ammo (the amount the shooter bought leading up to the incident) was running low. I actually laughed when I read that. The mentality of these people is just unreal. I used to think Micheal Moore was exaggerating when he was talking about how fearful and paranoid people are and how the media was keeping them that way. Then I saw the huge surge in gun and ammo sales after Obama was elected and see these nuts and begin to think he was right.

My solution is too extreme to ever be reality but the first thing I would do is shut down almost all of these factories producing guns and start to remove existing ones from circulation. The ones that remained open would be restricted to producing only small caliber handguns and rifles for sale to civilians. There is an estimated 350 million people in the US and an estimated 200 million guns in the US. Are we going to just keep producing them until we can arm every single person so we can all be safe? From each other I guess?

It's like these paranoids expect the taliban to parachute into their neighborhoods like the russians from red dawn and they need their swat-team like arsenal to save everyone.

It's a perfect storm of shit. There are way too many guns out there, our mentality about guns and violence is way more laid back and accepting than sex or even cursing. (Can't even say fuck for fucks sake) and there is a segment of the population that are paranoid and delusional that are close to opening fire on their own shadows should they ever become startled by it. Some thing needs to change otherwise this will keep happening. And I'm not only talking about the theater shooting either. Tired of reading about the dozen or so people who get shot every weekend in my city.

They just arrested a alleged copycat. http://news.yahoo.com/3-arrested-separa ... 30278.html

Check out the arsenal this guy was rolling with....

0453c8eca30d3414160f6a706700539e.jpg

Yup, nothing wrong with that picture.

OfficerBarbrady.gif

^
But it's his RIGHT to own those guns. So yeah, nothing wrong with that picture at all............

And madster, you make my head hurt.

madster111 said:
WickedLiquid said:
Madster, don't post the ingredients on how to make a bomb. I'm editing that out because it's retarded and disrespectful.
See:
Wes said:
Which aisle are the bombs in? Is there a section for nuclear warheads too?

Like seriously? That doesn't mean I'm asking you to post how to make a bomb. And yes, you can buy ingredients to make a bomb, but you can't just go and buy one without putting any effort into it, like with a gun.

Your argument is that it's ok to sell a gun that's good to go because you can buy things to create a bomb. Yeah ok, so we ban guns and criminals are going to start mugging people by threatening them with a bomb strapped to their chest. Blow themselves and their victims up... Oh no we banned guns, now everyone has a rocket launcher! Yeah, I'm sure Austrialla is JUST like that now... I bet the Middle East is safer than your country :roll:

Don't you understand why it's not ok to post how to make a bomb? How about next we share how to be a sexual predator online? Or how about how to make heroin? You know something, you can learn ANYTHING online nowadays. But that doesn't mean we should make rape legal since anyone can figure out how to make a date rape drug. The same can be said with guns. Just because we can figure out how to make weapons doesn't mean we should just make them all legal and availble for the public. Wow madster, just wow.

As for knives, I've already said in great detail how a knife is NOT a gun and I'm not going to repeat what I said again and again for people who won't bother to read it.

Better get to work on a bomb shelter before someone who couldn't get a gun bombs your house bro.
:roll:

C_nate said:
It doesn't have to be an automatic. He had a semi and a 100 round drum mag for it. He could have squeezed off 50 to 60 rounds in 60 seconds had it not jammed on him and the body count would have been much higher.

What many people are saying is that weapons like this should not be available to the general public and I would have to agree with them. Those types of things are military grade and should only be available to the military.

They talked to some NRA guy who said that to him 6,000 rounds of ammo (the amount the shooter bought leading up to the incident) was running low. I actually laughed when I read that. The mentality of these people is just unreal. I used to think Micheal Moore was exaggerating when he was talking about how fearful and paranoid people are and how the media was keeping them that way. Then I saw the huge surge in gun and ammo sales after Obama was elected and see these nuts and begin to think he was right.

My solution is too extreme to ever be reality but the first thing I would do is shut down almost all of these factories producing guns and start to remove existing ones from circulation. The ones that remained open would be restricted to producing only small caliber handguns and rifles for sale to civilians. There is an estimated 350 million people in the US and an estimated 200 million guns in the US. Are we going to just keep producing them until we can arm every single person so we can all be safe? From each other I guess?

It's like these paranoids expect the taliban to parachute into their neighborhoods like the russians from red dawn and they need their swat-team like arsenal to save everyone.

It's a perfect storm of s***. There are way too many guns out there, our mentality about guns and violence is way more laid back and accepting than sex or even cursing. (Can't even say f*** for fucks sake) and there is a segment of the population that are paranoid and delusional that are close to opening fire on their own shadows should they ever become startled by it. Some thing needs to change otherwise this will keep happening. And I'm not only talking about the theater shooting either. Tired of reading about the dozen or so people who get shot every weekend in my city.

This is so perfectly wrong, I couldn't resist. This is such typical, liberal rhetoric. Lets ban guns, that will stop crime! Lets destroy all guns, the world will be peaceful again. Well, that is until we have to go back to the days of waging war with blunt and sharp instruments, but hey, at least there will only be a few heads lopped off instead of a whole bunch of people shot!

Fuck this assclown in Colorado. Him and the rest of idiots who consider these type of actions to be in any way reasonable. Its his fault, his alone. Not the gun, not the companies that make them. But there is a specific group that deserves to be mentioned here, with the highest honor. The sick bastards who see something like this and consider it a GRAND OPPORTUNITY to push their beliefs.

Bodies aren't even cold in the grave yet, but here comes the gun control push once again. Lets ban them, look what they did! Lets name the bill after someone who died, preferably the youngest one, so we can tug their heartstrings while covering their eyes. Lets trample even further on their already extinguished rights, and hey, once we get this one away from them, what are they going to be able to do?

Because after all, that was the intent of the 2nd Amendment. People can blow smoke all they want about how it is outdated, no longer necessary. Their full of it. Our government is cramming healthcare down the countries throat, want it or not. The assclowns on the hill continue to bicker endlessly, draining our country's piggy bank, then pushing their "reforms". One step after the other, till we all bend down at the same angle and respond with the same grunt of displeasure while we simultaneously empty our pockets and take it from behind.

Its funny, these mass talks about control. Where were they in the 90's? You know...when an FBI sniper shot a mother holding her baby in the face, in her own kitchen, after they had already shot her son and dog. That was gun control. Hey, her husband sold an "illegal" weapon to an ATF agent, that had asked him to. Or even better, how about when the ATF & FBI burned down an entire complex, with 30+ people (children included) still inside. Even if what was going on in there needed to be stopped, this is how we want the government handling it? Never talks of government control, only populace control.

Nothing but my deepest sympathy and regrets to the victims and families. Sorry for your loss, sorry for your suffering. But mostly sorrow that you will get to watch your loved ones' deaths paraded around for another persons beliefs and ideals.

This country makes me sick.

Some thing needs to change otherwise this will keep happening. And I'm not only talking about the theater shooting either. Tired of reading about the dozen or so people who get shot every weekend in my city

I get tired of it too. Mostly the fact that if these criminals were faced with the knowledge that they have a 50/50 chance of drawing a mark who is packing heat, they would back down.

See, that is exactly the type of thinking I am talking about. Arming everyone with guns is exactly the wrong way to go about things.

Lets say for the sake of argument that 5 other people in that theater were packing guns too. And lets ignore for a second that the shooter was wearing full body armor and would shrug off your average 9 mil. What are the odds that in the confusion and chaos they would do anything other than create more victims by creating more crossfire?

It happens every weekend here where I live. Two gangbangers start shooting at each other and completely miss or maybe only graze each other while a 13 year old complete innocent bystander gets shot in the back and dies.

It's one thing going down to the range and shoot a paper target in a controlled environment. It is something else entirely when that paper target is another human being. Who also has a gun. And is also shooting back at you. And you suddenly realize that you could die very easily.

Look at that photo again of the arsenal that just one guy had. Do you think that is what they had in mind when they put in that 2nd amendment? That a single person should be able to amass and stockpile enough weapons to become a one man militia? Do you think that just maybe guys like that are actually undermining that 2nd amendment?

I never said to ban guns because I know that will never work. I said to produce and have less guns in circulation because less guns = less gun deaths and more guns = more gun deaths. It's simple math and it is proven. Look at the rest of the civilized world for proof.

It's a fantasy to think a criminal with a gun will back down cause someone else has a gun just like it is a fantasy thinking arming every joe schmo will turn them into crime fighting super heroes. All it will do is cause even more gun deaths and gun related accidental deaths. Fighting fire with fire only equals more fire. The fire doesn't say "Oh shit, there is more fire over there. I better back down."

StickyGreenGamer said:
Bodies aren't even cold in the grave yet, but here comes the gun control push once again.

But what's wrong with an assault rifle ban? And to what end are gas canisters sold to the public?
Bah, rest assured, no one's actually coming for the guns. Isn't Obama's NRA rating an A-?
He sure isn't going to make waves in a voting year even after this massacre. Plus, pro-gun needs healthy gun control discussion. Without it, pro-gun would have no reason to grandstand and beat their chests, yelling "MUH GUNS!!!" without looking absolutely certifiable.

Optimus-Crime said:
StickyGreenGamer said:
Bodies aren't even cold in the grave yet, but here comes the gun control push once again.

But what's wrong with an assault rifle ban? And to what end are gas canisters sold to the public?
Bah, rest assured, no one's actually coming for the guns. Isn't Obama's NRA rating an A-?
He sure isn't going to make waves in a voting year even after this massacre. Plus, pro-gun needs healthy gun control discussion. Without it, pro-gun would have no reason to grandstand and beat their chests, yelling "MUH GUNS!!!" without looking absolutely certifiable.

Seriously? What right does anyone have to tell another law abiding citizen without ill intent what they can and can't own.

NRA rating of an A-? Not hard to obtain when the entire goal of your first term is securing a second term. Its called don't start ruffling feathers until the day after the election. When there is no campaign on the horizon, no threat of any more loss. The only gun owners Obama's administration has been truly friendly to are the Mexican cartels. Once again, no responsibility being held there.

And yes, without those out there beating their chests, who would the mothers with nothing better to do shout "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!" at.

See, that is exactly the type of thinking I am talking about. Arming everyone with guns is exactly the wrong way to go about things.

Lets say for the sake of argument that 5 other people in that theater were packing guns too. And lets ignore for a second that the shooter was wearing full body armor and would shrug off your average 9 mil. What are the odds that in the confusion and chaos they would do anything other than create more victims by creating more crossfire?

Lets not ignore the fact that plenty of people, wearing body armor, get killed by 9mm quite often. Lets also not ignore that said shooter in question is not highly trained, and was by no means the kind that propels images of "shaking off" rounds. You want to run a hypothetical here, by all means, feel free. Pointless though. Feel free to stack your side of the argument all day, I can do the same.

It happens every weekend here where I live. Two gangbangers start shooting at each other and completely miss or maybe only graze each other while a 13 year old complete innocent bystander gets shot in the back and dies.

The majority of hot-heads in gangs, are youth. Age 12-17. It is stupidity, reinforced by a culture for DECADES, and a lack of care towards life. That is a deeply sociological problem, having nothing to do with guns. Things out there are going to go bad, be it with a firearm, with a knife, with a bat, or someone just getting stomped to death. It happens, the wrong people get it, far too often.

I'm by no means done with my reply, if you'll excuse me though, I have to go buy some pot (that just helped my argument, right). Neither my dealer nor I are bringing a piece. I'll finish this scathing rebuttal when I return...in an hour and a half or so. And likely far less coherent.

For the record, open conversation. CONVERSATION! Not argument....not yet..,.

StickyGreenGamer said:
Seriously? What right does anyone have to tell another law abiding citizen without ill intent what they can and can't own.

Well shit, where's my nuclear warhead?

Yea, seriously. Why not a ban on ARs? It wasn't a loaded question. For deer hunting? (you were totally gonna say "for deer hunting.")
I'm not your opponent on gun control, I would just like some context. So you're pro gas canister sales to the public because it's your right as an American citizen?

Do you really believe Obama hasn't ruffled feathers (Obamacare - feathers? ruffled.) purposely in order to blindside gun owners in a possible 2nd term? Interesting. Regale us now with your other Obama conspiracies, like the Mexican cartel-Obama connect and it's affect on American gun control.

You still didn't answer my question. Ignore the body armor all together. In the confusion and chaos of what was going on in that theater, if several people all opened up and started firing, chances are that there would be more victims due to simply getting caught up in the crossfire. Which brings me back to my next point....

Nothing against you personally, but what a terrible counter point about the gangbangers. If gangmember A swings a baseball bat at gangmember B's head and misses, the resulting miss doesn't fly down the block and hit a kid on his bike in the back, killing him. If gangmember B lunges at gangmember A with a knife and misses, the resulting miss doesn't blow out the brains of random grandma half a block away sitting on her porch watching her grandkids. If gangmember A and B stomp to death gangmember C, there is no crossfire for any innocent bystanders to get killed in. Catch my drift?

Edit: Actually, lets not ignore the body armor. Here is a little tidbit from the North Hollywood Shootout. Feel free to read more about the story if you are unfamiliar with it
"Local patrol officers at the time were typically armed with their personal 9 mm or .38 Special pistols, with some having a 12-gauge shotgun available in their cars. Phillips and Mătăsăreanu carried illegally modified fully automatic AKMs and an AR-15 rifle with high capacity drum magazines and ammunition capable of penetrating police body armor. They also wore body armor of their own. Since the police handguns could not penetrate the bank robbers' body armor, the patrol officers' bullets were ineffective. SWAT eventually arrived with rifles powerful enough to penetrate the body armor. Several officers also appropriated AR-15 rifles from a nearby firearms dealer. The incident sparked debate on the need for patrol officers to upgrade their capabilities in similar situations in the future.

Because of the large number of injuries, rounds fired, weapons used, and overall length of the shootout, it is regarded as one of the longest and bloodiest events in US police history. This incident would later lead to California enforcing a highly restrictive law on firearms, including the controversial "10-round magazine-only" law for most firearms owned by state residents."

(stupid debug thing messing me up)

Stopping the political flames war in this topic to bring back the topic on hand:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-emotional-visit-Aurora-city-mourns-dead.html
I was in tears as i was scrolling down the page as the articles started to list the dead and their contribution in life. In the end i am glad that everyone came together to support the victims and the city. And props for Christian Bale for coming in person without notifying his lawyers nor Warner brother to visit the surviving victims and give them support personally.
article-2178497-14337623000005DC-875_634x356.jpg

I saw some shit getting up voted on Reddit that said "post this on Facebook so Bale will go to the hospitals dressed as batman."

That'd be fucking stupid. This is much more respectful.

Reddit is close to 4chan in shittiness.

Is shittness even a word? I don't even care, that's how terrible reddit is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle