• Ibanez

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washburn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

schimmel

Rookie
It's time for me to get a new guitar. I've been playing on a Washburn WI14 for the past year and I love it but it's time to move past a beginner guitar and maybe put some more money into what I'm playing.
I have the search narrowed down to two but I'm keeping my mind open just in case I change my mind on those two and want to ultimately get a different one. I'm poor too so the money I'm spending isn't extravegant but it's more than my old one.
The two I have it narrowed down to right now are

The Ibanez ART300
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=518065
and
The Wasburn WI64
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=514236

They both cost the same but I want outisde opinions on them so I can make a choice with some help because otherwise these two are in a stalemate. Help me GR so that I know which one you guys think is better!

^ That's my problem, I've played multiple Washburns and many Ibanezes and I love them both, granted I don't think I've played the models here but I love the feel of both brand makes.

Go for the Ibanez, I have the RG 370 and I really dig it. Also I'm waiting for Grey to post his two cents as he is very knowledgeable on these guitar things.

-BBK

i play an Ibanez my self. my vote is cast. unless you already own them why not invest in a larger amp or some effects pedals? thats what i'm in the process of doing right now.

*dramatic entrance*

Really if you're having trouble deciding you're better off going to the shops and trying them both out for yourself rather than leaving the decision up to the rest of us. Personally I'd say go for the Ibanez, as they have very strict standards over the buid quality of all products, so it would probably last a bit longer than the Washburn, but as I said, go to a store, try them both out and decide for yourself, you might find the Washburn feels better in your hands than the Ibanez, its up to you.

xxlordskullxx said:
i play an Ibanez my self. my vote is cast. unless you already own them why not invest in a larger amp or some effects pedals? thats what i'm in the process of doing right now.

I currently have a very good practice-ish amp, the Roland Cube 30, a 30 watter that sounds like it is much bigger than it actually is. On that amp I have a flanger, a phaser, and a couple other effects, and it also has about six different tones for the guitar as well as a clean channel. I also have an Ibanez Weaping Deamon wha pedal that I like playing with.

Grey said:
*dramatic entrance*

Really if you're having trouble deciding you're better off going to the shops and trying them both out for yourself rather than leaving the decision up to the rest of us. Personally I'd say go for the Ibanez, as they have very strict standards over the buid quality of all products, so it would probably last a bit longer than the Washburn, but as I said, go to a store, try them both out and decide for yourself, you might find the Washburn feels better in your hands than the Ibanez, its up to you.

I'm leaning a bit more towards the Ibanez simply because I own a Washburn right now and although I like the way it plays the WI64 is simply an upgrade from what I have right now (a WI14), but thanks for the input.

My first guitar was a Washburn WI16-G15 and now I currently own two Ibanez RG's. Out of the either of those two guitars I would probably preferrably get the Washburn. The sharp looking Axe will have great playability and sound. Not to say I don't like my Ibanez's, or else I wouldn't buy them. For me and my playability I've always been most comfortable with Ibanez, but maybe that will one day change. It's all about you and the musician in you.

Gibson-Les-Paul-Classic.jpg

Yeah..sorry, couldn't resist..i love that guitar.
of course..i love $2500 hookers too, but that doesn't mean i can buy one eh?

Honestly, i would try to pickup something like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2007-GIBSON-USA- ... dZViewItem

;)
(note - don't try to pickup that specific one..it's located down here and will destroy your wallet on postage, instead try to find something like it..looks good, and would sound half decent too ;)

Damn you Madster, I'm trying to stay AWAY from Les Paul images. That is ultimately the guitar I strive towards and dream about, and I told myself that I wouldn't even look at Gibsons because they're all too expensive (Epiphones suck btw).

schimmel said:
EliaSoZ said:

I checked out the Super Swede and I don't know where the reviewer bought it but at stores and websites like musiciansfriend it's a $630 guitar. That's a little out of my price range, thanks for the recommendation and it looks like a great guitar but I just can't afford something like that right now. I was looking to spend abour $400

He mentioned it was B stock. So probably had a few dents or something or who knows. Guess that's why it was cheaper.

Btw, some Epiphones are pretty good. Just 'cause they're meant to be the cheaper version of Gibsons does NOT mean they're bad. My friend got his for $500 and it is smokin'.

I don't like Epiphones because when you buy one that's not the last time you're gonna be paying for it. After you get it you have to change the tuning nobs and the pickups before it can even be playable-ish. And, if you're gonna change the pickups might as well drop money on some ones worth changing into a guitar. Also I've seen Epiphones fall apart after a good six or seven months before

Uh, you'll find that with virtually any guitar you'll be replacing parts and let's not forget, if its your main workhorse and you play quite frequently you'll be paying through the nose for a re-fret in a few years. (That was fun. :( )

True but if I'm gonna go for any Gibson brand (be it off-brand or no) it's gonna be a real Gibson Les Paul. Other than that I know there are other great brands that have cheaper guitars that sound pretty kickass and have the appearance I want. Time's running out though, I'm heading to the store on Saturday to pick one up. Right now I'm really leaning more towards the Ibanez ART300.

I tend to use Dundee Regular Slinky strings btw. Any recommendations of better ones or simply similar ones that you prefer?

schimmel said:
I don't like Epiphones because when you buy one that's not the last time you're gonna be paying for it. After you get it you have to change the tuning nobs and the pickups before it can even be playable-ish. And, if you're gonna change the pickups might as well drop money on some ones worth changing into a guitar. Also I've seen Epiphones fall apart after a good six or seven months before
You didn't have any credibility with me to start with, but if you had this would have wiped it from the face of the earth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle