"Welp, It's Official."

Green_Lantern said:
And then Steam says I've played Modern Warfare 2 for 180 hours...

My STEAM says I've played 99hrs of MW2, but I just don't believe that.

My TF2 clocks me in at 198hrs, but who hasn't done that, really?

I've put about 53 days into WoW
Around 40 hours into Starcraft 2 and I STILL suck
4 days into MW2 which makes me hate myself
7 days into Halo : Reach total
And possibly 75 in Oblivion, 62 in Morrowind, and 50 in Fallout 3

back in the day when I played Guild Wars, I was somewhere over the 3000 hour mark. That's 125 days minimum. I definitely was over that though. Kind of sad. Fortunately I quit and now play other games. I think my next highest total is probably Modern Warfare 2. 702 hours on the multiplayer. I also have 108 hours on MLB 2K10. Otherwise, I'm sure I logged a lot of time on the Sims when I used to play that, but that was years ago. So I don't have time stats for that one.

NickKmet said:
back in the day when I played Guild Wars, I was somewhere over the 3000 hour mark. That's 125 days minimum. I definitely was over that though. Kind of sad. Fortunately I quit and now play other games. I think my next highest total is probably Modern Warfare 2. 702 hours on the multiplayer. I also have 108 hours on MLB 2K10. Otherwise, I'm sure I logged a lot of time on the Sims when I used to play that, but that was years ago. So I don't have time stats for that one.

I've "owned" and "played" guild wars since the first beta (there was two). It'll be six years come may. I've yet to cross the 1000 hour mark. It's hard for a game to hold my attention for a while; it all quickly becomes too similar, no matter what I do differently. Black Ops has been a major let down for me I must say, I've probably put 1000 hours into modern warfare one (two is not a PC game, so I'm not playing it), and about 500 into WaW, I doubt I'll play 40 in BO.

All too commercialized, Guild wars, and MW, used to be good, solid games; but then the masses caught on, and the developers sought to please the masses and make excessive amounts of coin, and it all went to hell. I can't blame them for this, it's capitalism at its best, but it's all so cookie-cutter now adays.

To be completely honest, I sort of feel sorry for people who play MMO's a lot. I mean, in the time you've spent playing that mmorpg, I've probably played at least a dozen great games to completion. Meanwhile, you're doing pretty much the same thing in the same game. Kinda... sad. Like those kids who only watch the same two movies over and over and over (my movies were Major Payne and In the Army Now.)

I'm sure you think it was time well spent, but still.

Eh, by the end it was kind of boring. I did play it over a 4 year time period though. The game died for a while and it was tough to find good people to play with. I honestly wouldn't play MMO's or even online on regular games (like black ops) if it weren't for the people I play with. The games get too boring and monotonous without interesting people to play with.

By the way Longo, it's not like that's all I played. I played a lot of other games at the same time too.

Pretty spot on about what happened to Guild Wars Eyebrows. It was tough to want to play anymore at the end. I think though that the largest problem they suffered was from skill balancing, especially in PvP. They would make the absolute most terrible choices on skills, and all of a sudden there would be 2 or 3 team builds everyone would run in PvP. It got boring fast and they always took months to update. That's mostly why I and a lot of the people I played with quit. It was too easy for really shitty players to throw together an overpowered build that required little skill and beat up on good teams. /rant

NickKmet said:
By the way Longo, it's not like that's all I played. I played a lot of other games at the same time too.
Still, that's 3000 hours devoted to a single game. I mean, you could've beaten 30-100 completely different games in the same amount of time.

I suppose. But then again, there really aren't that many games I want to play that badly or spend that much money on.

NickKmet said:
Eh, by the end it was kind of boring. I did play it over a 4 year time period though. The game died for a while and it was tough to find good people to play with. I honestly wouldn't play MMO's or even online on regular games (like black ops) if it weren't for the people I play with. The games get too boring and monotonous without interesting people to play with.

Pretty spot on about what happened to Guild Wars Eyebrows. It was tough to want to play anymore at the end. I think though that the largest problem they suffered was from skill balancing, especially in PvP. They would make the absolute most terrible choices on skills, and all of a sudden there would be 2 or 3 team builds everyone would run in PvP. It got boring fast and they always took months to update. That's mostly why I and a lot of the people I played with quit. It was too easy for really shitty players to throw together an overpowered build that required little skill and beat up on good teams. /rant

Hell I probably did...4 PVP matches in my entire game time. The game was fucking AWESOME in the second beta; I was a free runner, before the days of bullshit consumables I would push parties over the shiverpeaks from Yaks to Lions Arch for free, it took about 2 hours. When I play in the winter break and summer break I tend to camp out at Ice Tooth cave; it's my little hovel. I have, however, done it all (although I've yet to beat factions or nightfall or EotN) had a guild, had a full hall, had a decent size guild (all before factions was out) etc.

just checked my account; 432 hours over 68 months, 312 on one character, my ranger Keyser Soze

Look at this beta shot, agh, old old ascalon, wahhh:
gw029.jpg

yeah, I started playing right before they implemented a ton of shit that made running useless or way too easy. I did get run quite a few times though. I played through everything and was in a really hardcore PvE guild for a while, before quitting to do PvP. I got really tired of doing the same farming runs over and over again. PvP was fun for a while. My guild was only like 10 people, but we were good enough to win a lot of matches. Eventually we quit though for the reasons I said before, crappy skill implementation. Eventually I let one of my friends use my account for farming. Tried to log on a while back and it was perma-banned for running 2 accounts on the same computer at once. I guess they figured out how to see GWx2. Haven't played since.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle