The question of the ages....

PandaSlayer

Rookie
As we all know, the Christmas season is coming along, and I am stuck with a gift choice I simply cannot make.

I've been made an offer for an Xbox 360 Elite for $250.00 and, yes, it is brand new. But I am very fond of the Playstation 3, and have been looking into one for quite some time. Which leads me to my decision. I'm not looking for "The Ultimate Visual Experience". All I have is a crappy Samsung TV anyway. And to those of you who are thinking, "Take the Elite and sell it!". No. I'm going to keep the gift, whatever it is. So basically it comes down to PS3 v. Xbox 360 Elite. Any input would be great. Thanks.

As a 360 owner myself, I'd definitely choose the Elite. It has much better games (although I'm pretty envious of Little Big Planet), and plus, the Elite has a better hardware system, which will help hold off the dreaded Red Rings of Death (RRoD). Especially if you're getting if for 250 bucks, that's the best Xbox for only $50 more than the base system, so it's a great deal. But if you like PS3 that much, then just go.. with your heart? It'll cost more, however. The decision is yours.

keepithowitis said:
As a 360 owner myself, I'd definitely choose the Elite. It has much better games (although I'm pretty envious of Little Big Planet), and plus, the Elite has a better hardware system, which will help hold off the dreaded Red Rings of Death (RRoD). Especially if you're getting if for 250 bucks, that's the best Xbox for only $50 more than the base system, so it's a great deal. But if you like PS3 that much, then just go.. with your heart? It'll cost more, however. The decision is yours.

That sums it up pretty well from my perspective also....

But you should check out the exclusives for each system first and see which ones you would rather play...Like Halo or Gears of War vs. MGS or Resistance...IMO the 360 has the better exclusives minus a few VERY strong contenders (LittleBigPlanet and Gran Tursimo)

I too own both the 360 and PS3 (I had to starve a bit, but it was worth it!). And I agree with Lethean, go with the Xbox 360 Elite. Such a deal you won't get soon or ever again. :)

Xbox360 elite (but I say it sounds HIGHLY fishy....probably a refurbished system) for money-wise.

As for the games.... well I sided with PS3.... the exclusive, though few are more to my taste.

Also, just a sidenote, it has been proven thwet the Xbox360 elite is, in fact, only a tiny bit reliable. The difference lies mainly in the disk drive. The elite uses a high quality disk drive that is quieter but it's main composants are the SAME as the other models.

Nevertheless, the new Xbox360 (all model one year and a half old up to now) are supposed equipped with the new Falcon Chip which produce less heat and help make the system last a lot longer. As if this will eliminate the RROD...I hope so but knowing Microsoft, I think it will just push back the RROD of maybe a year.

Trust me, my friend got an elite and it didn't prevent it to get repaired by Microsoft more then 3 times :p . He bought it 2 years ago.

Soooooooooooo..... money wise, buy the elite. Hell, at that price, you could sell it and still make a nice enough profit. Hell, at that price I sold my old Pro model (20gb hardrive) on ebay!

If you only care about the games and the console....... just follow your heart. I chose my PS3 in the end because I realized though my Xbox360 had more exclusive....I only cared about ONE and the others were HUGE disapointement (yes, fable 2 was a disapointement for me but still nice to play coop) and I got Mass Effect on PC. GOW....... well let's say it is overrated like Halo but offer great mindless fun!

On my PS3, I got Valkyria Chronicle which kis pure heaven for me, Little Big Planet which is a killer, uncharted which is fun and MGS4 which is pure visual masturbation. I am waiting for white knight chronicle at the moment. And the icing on the cake? I found after trying both services that Xbox live and PSN are on par now.... which is nice.

I don't care about console war, anyway, when I play FPS, I go to my friend's house for sure. Xbox360 is king in that area.

Have fun and never look back!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod