The Fighter Character Battle, Year Five

And Vega gets some retribution from last years finals, taking down Sol.

And we are now in round four, with 16 fighters remaining.

Some lovely facts, as always.

For the fifth straight year, Scorpion and Heihachi have made it to the top 16. Perhaps this is their year to make it to the finals and possibly win?

Vega has also reached this point now three times, as has Ryu.

Kazuya and Siegfried have also made this stage once before.

This marks the first time two fighters from a game other than the big players (Mortal Kombat, Dead Or Alive, Soul Calibur, Tekken, King of Fighters or Guilty Gear) has made it to the finals, with Killer Instinct having two out of their nominated three fighters, Sabrewulf and Fulgore, advancing this far.

This is also the first time a fighter from Eternal Champions has advanced after three years of representation, and ironically it is Larcen's first tournament.

Speaking of newcomers, Aaron and Sett Ra have done what few can, make the top sixteen from a relatively obscure (or horrible) game.

This is also the first time no females have made it to the final rounds!

Lastly, only one previous champion, Ryu, remains. He is the first champion, after all, so I would expect nothing less, but can be get back to that pantheon?

Some final stats as to who made it this far.

Street Fighter: 4/13
Guile
Ryu
Vega
M. Bison

Tekken: 3/15
Tiger Jackson
Heihachi
Kazuya
3/15

Guilty Gear: 2/13
Ky Kiske
Faust

Killer Instinct: 2/3
Sabrewulf
Fulgore

Mortal Kombat: 1/8
Scorpion

Eternal Champions: 1/4
Larcen Taylor

Soul Calibur: 1/14
Siegfried

Dark Rift: 1/3
Aaron

Shaq-Fu: 1/1
Sett Ra

So, who will become the next champion. I am taking bets now! And Tonight, we will see the tourney restart.

FighterBattle5Fliar.png

Links said:
Speaking of newcomers, Aaron and Sett Ra have done what few can, make the top sixteen from a relatively obscure (or horrible) game.

That made me chuckle.

Also, I'm excited that two of my picks made it this far...AND...that it took so long to eliminate my Clay Fighter noms.

I'm going for the underdogs, mainly Aaron and Larcen.
Hopefully they don't go up against each other or the heavy hitters.

But knowing Links, he'll do the opposite.

It's time for a new King of the Iron Fist Tourney...out with the old.

Also, I just noticed that there were no DOA characters entered in the Battle...this makes me happy.

I've got three contestants in this right now, and Armor King was my nomination the year he won, so I'm going for my second trophy.

As for Aaron and Sett-Ra, they're cool and all but don't deserve the win. Top 8 yes, number 1 no.

LinksOcarina said:
This is also the first time no females have made it to the final rounds!
yikes! Are we sexist now?

And I agree with HK, i want Aaron and Larcen to win something. But in the end, It'll all go to vain for we all know the true winner: Sett ra! :twisted:

But we all know it's gonna be ryu or somethin...

It is time.....for round 4.

Lets get it rolling, first up

AARON

AaronDarkRift.png

VS

KY KISKE

ky-kiske-sw.gif

I am going to abstain from voting from now own, it's up to you guys to finish this. Let the battle begin!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle