The best song in video gaming history

Can you guys think of anything besides the obvious stuff from MGS and Final Fantasy?

For me:

Max Payne 2 Main Theme
Shenmue Main Theme
Sha Hua from Shenmue

I have to go with "Not Tomorrow" (Lisa's Theme) from Silent Hill 1. Played it on the piano once and my friend was accompanying the solo part on guitar - his mom walked by and said it sounds beautiful. Always glad to see when people recognise good music. :)

Tomb Raider's theme music is also very nice.

By catchiness and how it could get stuck in your head? Any music from Mystical Ninja starring Goemon.

By how chilling it is? Condemned actually has some nice ambient music that really gets you into the game.

A good song just because its a good song? Bomberman 64 songs.

Sorry I couldn't be specific.

Mega Man 2 and 3 both have some incredible scores that still hold up almost 20 years later. You can hear that amongst other things, the composer was definitely working the limitations of the NES to his advantage. I sometimes replay those games simply to listen to the scores while playing.

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 - especially 2 - each had this strange, almost hypnotic j-popish song that actually worked in their openings.

"Liberi Fatali" (FF VIII) is of course a complete must to talk about. Really. I only mention it this late because I didn't want to start off with an FF theme. Oh, and the score at the 2nd credit list in same game is equally awesome.

The opera part of "Moon over the Castle" which you will find in the opening of Gran Turismo 4... This is what opera is really about: To make some amazingly strong emotions in order to supplement a great visual element.

JCD said:
I honestly believe that "The Siege of Madrigal" from Bungies masterpiece, Myth, is the greatest piece of music to ever appear in a videogame. Many of you may know this as the secret track hidden in the original Halo game.

Download it: http://nikon.bungie.org/tipsntricks/egg ... drigal.mp3

very touching stuff, nice.

F-Zero GX-AX - "Big Blue"

http://dl1.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/dl/ ... blue''.mp3

OK for some reason it wont highlight the whole link, so copy it all, and paste it in an address bar!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod