The best song in video gaming history

Haydi said:
...well, I don't know if it's a song but Silent Hill 2 Official Soundtrack - Theme of laura

Also Joe Remorsa's Hometown from SH3 OST should get some credit. Simply awesome.

Absolutely it's a song. Pretty much anything off of the Silent Hill 2 OST is worth a listen, but I do agree Theme Of Laura is the greatest ever. Hometown is pretty good too.

Sadly though, the original poster's opinion is just that, an opinion.. not fact.

Nothing justifies stating opinion as fact. Not even Doom music.

What's E1M1??

As for others, like people said FF had a good share of decent tracks. So did the MGS series. The ending theme song from part 1, "The Best Is Yet To Come" is amazing.

The SIlent Hill series without a doubt. I have the entire soundtracks for parts 2, 3 and 4. Especially the sung songs, done by Melissa Williamson (Mary Elizabeth McGlynn was her name in part 4) are pretty damn good.

Streets of Rage 2 had some great tracks. There was expansive site where I got all my gaming music (it had so much - some songs were taken down =\) and anime music too. I can't for the life of me remember its name. It had final fantasy or ff in it or something.

EDIT: Just realized an earlier post linked to it :p

Here's my list

1. Final Fantasy VII - Aerith's Theme
  2. Final Fantasy X - Suteki Da Ne
  3. Chrono Cross - Scars of Time
  4. The Legend of Zelda - Title Theme
  5. Final Fantasy X - Otherworld
  6. Command and Conquer - Hell's March
  7. Kingdom Hearts - Hikari / Simple and Clean
  8. Final Fantasy Series - Battle Theme

Wow, I was listening to Tool when I clicked on this page and it (E1M1) just kinda blended into the end of Parabola and it was pretty neat.

draqq said:
Not a bad pick. I usually go for the dramatic:
Chrono Cross - Intro & Pretty Much The Entire Soundtrack (Go, Go, Yasunori Mitsuda!)
Agreed. It was my first videogame soundtrack and is easily still my favorite.

Oh, and several songs from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

But for my favorite song... it's a tossup between Greek Temple, Dog Maze, White Castle Town, or Dark Castle from the Secret of Evermore soundtrack. I just love the atmosphere of the tracks, which are pretty good for a SNES game. Not to mention the nostalgia that comes into play when I listen to these songs.

MattAY said:
http://hosting.raymanpc.com/raytunes/site.html

ANY rayman music! just found this awesome site.
Good lord that brings back memories, thank you for sharing the bloody brilliant find!

The music from Lineage 2 has been one of the most captivating audio experiences I've had in a video game, particularly a song called "Into the storm". Easily rivals the grandeur of the best pieces from the LOTR film trilogy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle