Video Game music.

TheNesMan

Rookie
Music may not seem like an integral part of a video game but it makes a big difference! So, lets hear it, what's your favourite music in a video game? For me, it's definitely megaman 2 beats. You got crashman, flashman, metalman and dr. wily's castle. Sonic is amazing as well and you can't forget about a more recent game, Bully. Ocarina of Time had some catchy tunes (Saria's song, sun song, song of storms) and the MGS theme deserves a mention.

I have the mega man music from every NES game on my winamp player.. I love it all.. MM3 and 2 being the best though

Well, let's just say lots of stuff from Nobuo Uematsu (did you know he composed the tunes for Rad Racer?); should I specify that list, this post would break GR's server.

Mega Man 2 and 3 are the epitome of what the NES could do in the music department. I still sometimes play through those games just to listen to the scores. That is fricking impressive, I'd say.

Those warping tunes in "Ocarina of Time" (especially Bolero of Fire and Serenade of Water) were far too good for lasting only a few seconds....

The opening movie of Gran Turismo 4 has what is my favourite piece of opera music ever. Pity that too is rather short.

"My sanctuary" for Kingdom Hearts 2 is entrancing, and better than a j-pop tune has any right to be.

Assuming the post is about scores originally written for video games, I'll abstain from mentioning a certain game series... ;)

megamanx series, while a little heavy on the techno rock, it fits the fast pace incredibly well

and naturally almost every final fantasy offering has had a plethora or perfect music

Great topic! I personally favour the final fantasy collection. Nobou Uematsu is just brilliant. In every single game he managed to really portray what the player was to be feeling at that time. He keeps everything so classic and familiar yet he always is willing to be creative and experimental. I just love it :)

I always try to pinpoint which collection i like the best but its so hard because i like so much from each one.

Right now I've got my playlist of USA Generals tracks playing. I also have several tracks from Suikoden V, Devil May Cry 3, DOOM, Metal Gear Solid 3, Ace Combat: The Belkan War, Soul Calibur 3 and Guilty Gear XX.

The only game soundtrack I have ever liked enough to purchase was that of Myth: The Fallen Lords. It's composed by Marty O' Donnell, the guy who does the soundtracks for the Halo games.

Nubuo Uematsu also has a brilliant collection of FF7 songs played completely on piano.

Favourite video game tunes?

Well, like any self-respecting survival horror fan, the Silent Hill tracks hold a special place in my heart. I suppose you could throw a few tracks from the Halo franchise on there (mostly the "Blow Me Away" track by Breaking Benjamin--good ass-kicking music), and a few tracks from the Half-Life games.

I'm really enthralled with Jesper Kyd, however. I think that fool is way more talented than any one composer should be. He's created brilliant music for the Hitman games, and his work on Kane & Lynch (based on the trailer) should be fucking stellar.

Rez, obviously, because it's a music integral game.

Katamari Damacy, surely, because its music is humorously-fitting for the game and diverse in genres. C'mon, Katamari Mambo? I'd take that tune to the salsa clubs if only I wouldn't get made fun of as a geek ):

But yeah! The classic tunes are always good: Megaman, Tetris, Mario, etc.

Bully has really great music. Integrated well into the actions you perform in the game.

Love the most of MGS music. My favorite songs for MGS3 have to be: "Way to Fall, Metal Gear Solid Main theme (the one with the long ethereal opening which slips into Jungle Sprinting music), anything with Starry K and the 66 boys (the radio stations), Ocelot Youth (the one where you have a showdown with Ocelot 1v1) and lastly the Snake Eater theme song, sung by Cynthia Harrell.

i loved every song in we love katamari, and alot of the stuff in ddr. turn me on, butterfly, cartoon heroes (aqua)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle