Tapped Out Questions...

thinkubus

Rookie
First of all, I just want to say -- I hate that Other Springfield. Smug asses.

Secondly, I want to ask: is it worth my time playing this game? Will I ever get enough donuts to make me happy? How long will it take, really? I'm getting quite an addiction... I've actually started setting the timer on my iPad (well... technically it's my fiancee's iPad, but he hasn't touched it recently because I've been too busy with it) to tell me when my tomacco's ready or Homer's done shopping at the Kwik-E-Mart. I hear that "bloop-bloop-bloop" and I nearly fall over myself trying to set my Simpsons on to new tasks. Before the addiction tightens its grip any more, tell me -- should I quit now?

Also, um, I need a friend on this game very badly. Nobody I know uses Origin, and I really want to finish that stupid "add a friend" quest... it's making me look like a pariah. Anybody willing to let me add them?

May you be more specific. Give us links, maybe? I have no idea what you're talking about. We get spam in the forums a lot and I almost thought you were spam until I noticed the avatar was made. Also, you mentioned Origins, so I think it's PC related.

Let the addiction in, thinkubus. It's nothing but goodness....Let it all in...

I dont have this game, not a big app-gamer (apart from Worms and Rayman). Someone will hopefully pop up soon to complete your quest.

I played it for about two weeks. It was really the first FarmVille type game I had ever played. I guess the Simpsons was enough to sell me on it. Really great animations and charming in-jokes for big fans.

But having to connect to Origin every time I opened the app really killed it for me. At certain times it was totally unplayable.

used44 said:
...having to connect to Origin every time I opened the app really killed it for me. At certain times it was totally unplayable.
This, except I don't have an Origin account.

Fun game in the aspect that it's pointless but for some reason you keep going back to generate more of your imaginary Springfield. It's like karma wanted to get back at me for making fun of people who played farmville. But the fact that it's Simpsons makes it okay... Right? I say so.

I am in the same need friends spot Thinkubus, add me my Origin is my gamertag which is CaptainC2010

thinkubus said:
First of all, I just want to say -- I hate that Other Springfield. Smug asses.
Yeah "Other Springfield" for those of you who don't know if a computer generated "Friend" on your friends list that basically shows you what your town could look like if you dropped $100 on the game at the start.
thinkubus said:
Secondly, I want to ask: is it worth my time playing this game? Will I ever get enough donuts to make me happy? How long will it take, really? I'm getting quite an addiction... I've actually started setting the timer on my iPad (well... technically it's my fiancee's iPad, but he hasn't touched it recently because I've been too busy with it) to tell me when my tomacco's ready or Homer's done shopping at the Kwik-E-Mart. I hear that "bloop-bloop-bloop" and I nearly fall over myself trying to set my Simpsons on to new tasks. Before the addiction tightens its grip any more, tell me -- should I quit now?
I haven't spent a single cent on the game and I'm quite happy with my Springfield. Holiday events like the recently closed Treehouse of Horror event hand out free donuts all the time and you level up fairly regularly. A word of warning: NEVER used donuts to get past the friend-adding quests. Those quests actually REWARD you with donuts, so it's best to just search online for Simpsons friends or something. Like I said, I haven't spent any money and I'm still playing, so I think you should just enjoy yourself and ask yourself how much Hank Scorpio's volcano lair is REALLY worth.
thinkubus said:
Also, um, I need a friend on this game very badly. Nobody I know uses Origin, and I really want to finish that stupid "add a friend" quest... it's making me look like a pariah. Anybody willing to let me add them?
You can add me. My origin ID is tied to my GR e-mail: [email protected]
You can also just google "Simpsons Tapped Out Friends" and there are several sites with long lists of usernames to add.

And yeah, I've set alarms to start new tasks as well. I like the game a lot. The origin service is a pain in the ass, but it's basically like having a huge aquarium full of great Simpsons animations and jokes. Plus, you don't get in trouble for tapping on the glass.

Eeee, thanks Daniel! So excited! My gamer tag on Origin is jazzjunea, so don't be surprised if that one pops up instead of thinkubus. Yayyayyayyayyay

I played it for a little while. It was a good time killer while I was on lunch break at work or simply waiting for something.

I stopped playing though because the game wants you to use real money to buy in-game items so, I dunno, I just got tired of it.

You don't have to put real money in at all, but I can see why it can hasten the way the game kind of defeats itself.

Recently they updated and instead of increasing the level cap and building in new content, they just sort of threw up their hands and said "every level beyond 25 you get to spin the wheel for donuts." I don't mind, I still have some quests to do, but for people at the very edge of the content in the game, I'm sure it's not very much fun anymore.

Yeah that's fair enough. I guess I just lost patience with the game. I should update it and check it out again sometime.

Yup - Im obsessed.

I am BarnesBoar! I will be adding all of you - donuts! NEED DONUTS!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod