Surely, you can't be serious..

DocMoc

Regular
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Leslie Nielsen died today at the age of 84. Comedy has lost one of its legends.

nielsen_leslie_02.jpg

RIP Mr. Nielsen.

Apparently, he was actually a really, really fun guy to be around in real life. I talked to a couple of flight attendants who had all had him on their flights, and he loved to ham it up the whole flight, making jokes about how you shouldn't eat the fish and just being an all around comedian.

This is pretty sad.

Oh man, that sucks heavy.

Wicked's video made me want to watch the trilogy! And i will do so after work tonight! He will live on through the Christmas re-runs of Airplane! He will never truly die!!

This is the hardest hitting celebrity death for me since George Carlin. Honestly, I grew up on Leslie Nielsen movies. I knew who he was as an actor/comedian before I knew who most celebrities were. This really sucks!

His comedies are one of the few films I remember while being a little kid.

He'll be missed. I hope he enjoys the afterlife and makes God smile like he did us. :)

It's a sad day indeed.

You can really see how the humor in his movies inspired The Simpsons, Family Guy, Will Ferrell movies and so much more..

The Naked Gun
"There's a 50/50 chance he'll live, but there's only a 10% chance of that."

Anchorman
"60% of the time it works, every time."

LOL

He was a great comedian. I remember the first time I had my heart broken from my first relationship. I was 15 and depressed, then they aired the movie Airplane on TV and I had never seen it before. It cheered me right up and made me forget all about whatshername. So thanks Nielsen for bringing me up when I was down. And may you smile down on us as we smiled with you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle