Spain!

Dobby2244

Veteran
Today was amazing. I've been in Madrid for a week now and today I ran with the bulls! I can't even explain what it was like, just amazing. I ran next to 3 bulls, heard the bells behind me, jumped onto the fence and then jumped back down to run to the arena, where another bull passed me. I thought he was the last and as we're all standing trying to get into the ring, this guy turns around and I just see a bull smack him in his head. He was only 5 feet away from me, it was just shocking. Over 30 people were injured. It was a dangerous run today, it hasn't been this bad all week. Here's the link to the video from today:

http://www.el-encierro.com/

It's on the side, on the right.

I found myself in the video too at 1min 16 secs:

81156B09-7C64-4CF7-AEDA-230F6EB5D8CE-4826-0000075DA90C8EDA.jpg

What an accomplishing feeling! I just can't explain the feeling of panick that thousands of people are running as fast as possible, falling in front of me, hearing the bells around the bulls necks, looking to my side and seeing bulls, it's just amazing. I'm so tempted to do it again tomorrow, but maybe not. I'll just count myself lucky and check that off my bucket list.

I've also been to la tomatina, which is a tomato festival on a tiny street, you are completely cramped and there are trucks full of tomatos dumped on top of you. Locals are spraying water from hose pipes, and throwing wine down on you. Basically a massive food fight. That was next level, so fun as well!!

Ahhhh what a good holiday so far :)
B4B20470-DA7A-4F40-92DF-0A8F9033FB12-7769-00000B4CC3690A60.jpg

Everytime I see Dobby on here I get jealous LOL.

Touring Europe; the post-college dream. :) After college I just spent two years looking for a job! Due to the BS recession. BLAH TO YOU DOBBY! BLAH! hahaha

But yeah, being chased by the bulls has never made any sense to me. The tomato fight on the other hand, that always looks awesome!

I get the running with the bulls, it's bravado, just an adrenaline rush, I'd be down for it if I ever travelled

I never planned on doing it when I got here. Well for one I thought women weren't allowed to run. But when I got here all the guys were talking about it and a women at the hotel said I could run. My friends were saying they were going to do it. So yesterday morning I woke up and headed there, and then turns out my friends didn't go. Then again this morning I went to run, this time I convinced 1 of my 3 friends but she took off so quick and then I stayed back a little, someone pulled off my shoe, trying to put it back on, everyone yelling "VAMOS!!!" but I still ended up running ahead of the bulls. The police on the sides didn't let you stand around waiting either so I'm soooo disappointed. But I made it into the arena and stood at the bottom with the other runners. Kicking myself I didn't properly run with them. I guess what makes it so exciting is knowing you rely on these bulls, that are taller than me (I'm 5'3") to not hit you, or kill you. To finish and know that you survived. It's like sky diving but I duno I'm not even scared to skydive, I haven't been yet, but I was petrified yesterday for running.

...I call bullshit! ...BAHAHA!

Looks pretty cool. I'm not one for danger really, running with horned bulls...I mean, you've all seen that picture with the matador and the bull's horn in an uncomfortable place right?!
And skydiving?! Fuck that. I'm happy on the ground thanks.

Tomato and wine festival looks more to my liking. Shame I hate tomatoes.

I have sky dived and would do it again. Would never run with the bulls, too much of a klutz. Tomato thing seems awesome. Either way you rock Dobby, more power to ya.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133