Siblings

I have a younger brother. His name is Matt and he's four years younger than me. We used to play video games together a lot. I remember opening Mario Kart 64 on Christmas Day and immediately hopping on to play the Grand Prix in Two Player. I bought him a shit-ton of Simpsons DVD Box Sets. For several years I bought him one for his birthday and one for Christmas.

Do you have any siblings?

I have two younger sisters. One want to become an artist, so she's taking college courses on that and the youngest one is a gamer thanks to my influence.

cyberjim2000 said:
I have two younger sisters. One want to become an artist, so she's taking college courses on that and the youngest one is a gamer thanks to my influence.
Do you play games with her? Or are you both single-player gamers?

spartan317 said:
2 brothers & 4 sisters
Where do you rank in age?

danielrbischoff said:
Where do you rank in age?

Oldest by about 5 years

Both of my brothers are gamers though... Youngest is fairly badass at MW3...

My oldest sister is a stripper too... I am so proud.

danielrbischoff said:
cyberjim2000 said:
Do you play games with her? Or are you both single-player gamers?

She doesn't play the PC shooters and strategy games that I play but once in a while we do play the Nintendo co-op games together like New Super Mario Bros. DKC Returns, and LoZ: Four Swords. In those games, I always pick her up and throw her into pits. :twisted:

cyberjim2000 said:
She doesn't play the PC shooters and strategy games that I play but once in a while we do play the Nintendo co-op games together like New Super Mario Bros. DKC Returns, and LoZ: Four Swords. In those games, I always pick her up and throw her into pits. :twisted:

Win!!

My son does the same thing to my wife. She refuses to play coop games with him anymore.

I've got a younger sister (1 year younger) in the Navy and an even younger brother (7 years younger) who is starting college.

My sister and I used to play games together. When we were younger I bought my first SNES and we used to play Mario games all the time. That was all she was ever really into game-wise.

My little brother's into some games but I'm not really sure which ones since we haven't had a chance to talk too much lately. I remember buying him Oblivion for Christmas one year but I'm not sure if he even liked it. He was always interested in what I was playing though. Asking questions and stuff like that.

I've got two older brothers, 6 & 7 years older than me. Back in the day my oldest used to show me Grand theft Auto, and I used to play many many games of Fifa 98 with my middle brother.

We all played Worms and it was usually my biggest brother who would use the cheap tactic of blowtorching to win most games!

Neither are big gamers though.

i have an older brother and he is about 100x more successful than me but i don't care i'm proud of him not jealous and brag about him all the time.

hes pretty decent at video games but hasnt touched them for 10 years.. hes the stereotypical man.

hunting, fishing, harley, big truck, snowmobile, quad, boat.

now he wants to buy an airplane and get his pilots license.

I've got one older brother. What a pain in the ass.

He broke my nose one night over a game of Scrabble, after we had a few beers he accused me of making up a word. This is one fight of many, the most recent being a black eye I received on Thanksgiving.

We've been playing for years though. From the Nintendo on up. Still do, we'll sit there and take turns playing Battlefield.

Generally, when he wants to annoy me, he'll throw in something along the lines of a Gran Turismo, which I hate. When I want to annoy him, I'll throw in an epic RPG and play for weeks. Oddly enough though, he enjoyed watching me play Dark Souls.

StickyGreenGamer said:
This is one fight of many, the most recent being a black eye I received on Thanksgiving.
Wow, that's pretty bad. My brother and I used to fight constantly, but video games really helped to bridge the game once we were a little older.

Fighting with my older brother was a given. We're both wrestlers and so we liked to scrap. He once put my head through a wall. We loved playing NES and SNES games together. He wsa the typical older brother who would hog the controller. He still plays games, mostly Tiger Woods and the occasional thing with his kids. But he's not what I would call a core gamer.

My little brother is more of a gamer, but he has to split money between games and car parts (his really expensive hobby). He's always repairing something, but he loves videogames. He's three years younger than me, and that meant he usually got the short end of the stick when all three brothers were playing games. He's a Sony-man all the way, but recently jumped ship for PC gaming. Mostly plays shooters and racing games. He made his own driving shell with a racing wheel, seat, etc. for playing GT. It's pretty cool, but I suck at those games. He also plays occasionaly with his wife and kids.

My older sister is 8 years older than me and she's never been one for videogames. I think us boys teased any interest in them out of her. I remember her using the NES controller like it was a motion controller. Lifting it when she jumped, leaning it when she was moving. Her kids play games, but I don't think it interests her or her husband.

Neat thread, Dan.

My two brothers are fairly close to me in age: one is 3 years younger, while the other is 2 and a half years older.

We used to play games together like crazy, and my dad was way into it too. The Commodore, NES, and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of playing GameBoy in the car with link cables. Tetris. Pokemon!

More recently, the DS was like a revitalization of our GameBoy days. Mario Kart! Hell, Mario Party! And we would enjoy the hell out of New SMB on the Wii, of course. That game breaks relationships, divorces family, etc. Unfortunately, my older brother has since realized that he can't stand me anymore, so we don't talk... (Pretty literally. He actually said that his birthday present to me was voluntarily saying "hi" to me.) That kind of kills our gaming. He's mostly gone into PC gaming now anyway, I guess, although Skyward Sword brought him out for a while. I think he's into Guildwars or something.

My younger brother will still play games with me, although I think he thinks it's uncool because of how much I suck at anything that requires dual control/is first person or uses anything novel that came out after the N64. :p~ He's also mostly stuck in his room playing PC games, or games on his PC.

A brother and sister by mom and ex-stepdad, and another brother by dad and stepmom. I'm the oldest. 

We're all spread out. One brother in East Texas, the other in Tennessee, and my sister in Michagan. 

Aaron
IMG_3760.jpg

Darcie, me, Dillon, my mom
IMG_8306.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod