Seth McFarlane wants more of your...

A Flinstone's remake by Seth MacFarlene? I can just see it now....

Fred Flinstone: "Hey Wilma, remember the time I was a chair?"

*cuts to a chair with Fred Flinstone's face on it*

Fred: "I'm a chair, hahahahahaha"

Who would win in a contest of bad ideas between Seth MacFarlane and George Lucas?

I'll sell tickets to the event and become a millionaire!

Longo_2_guns said:
Who would win in a contest of bad ideas between Seth MacFarlane and George Lucas?

I'll sell tickets to the event and become a millionaire!

Ha. I believe Seth McFarlane fell into a trap. When Family Guy was brought back, he believed the overwhelming support that the show received was actually support for him. Ego through the stratosphere.

The reboot of The Flintstones is gonna turn out exactly the same as the "adult" reboots of Yogi Bear and Ren and Stimpy. Remember those? My point exactly.

Anyways, I don't really have any problem with Seth McFarlane. Anyone who denies the the quality of the first three seasons of Family Guy is denying themselves television on par with the best years of The Simpsons, South Park, and Futurama. And American Dad is like an animated analogue to Community--anyone who watched beyond the clunker of the pilot found a funny, inventive, witty show. An canonical episode about Stan fighting demons in post-rapture wasteland? Doing a music-themed episode about My Morning Jacket when The Simpsons was pimping a Ke$ha song? The Schoolhouse Rock song about Ollie North (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juxm4P4fnq8)? Again, ranks up there with the best of Simpsons, South Park, Futurama, and Family Guy.

Yeah, The Cleaveland Show and the last six years of Family Guy are lame, but I have found an effective solution to dealing with that: I just don't watch them :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod