Say hello to the new greatest game ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOOOD LORD. Please keep at GTA4 topics in one section at least.

Jesus. Too many topics.

Anyhow- when OOT came out there were a shit load of fansites that Game Rankings pooled from. Some gave it a 98 out of 100 or a 4 out of 5. This is because game rankings.com didn't exist when the game hit the stores and they didn't have a "system" like they do now. Lets put it this way- They count My Gamer.com's 9.4. I used to "write" for My Gamer.com. Not exactly a website with high standards.

Now they just average major publications. GTA will probably wind up with a 99% and all the fan boys can cry or cheer depending on preference.

I still say meh. OOT was a bigger feat at the time.

I am afraid to say it, I agree 100% with Stal.

GTA is a good game but certainly not a game that really entertains me.... I mean, If I hated GTA3, will I hate GTA4? (Most probably will). I think it is a good game with a lot of innovation BUT it still isn't my style. I would pick MGS4 over this any day.

Solaris10 said:
I am afraid to say it, I agree 100% with Stal.

GTA is a good game but certainly not a game that really entertains me.... I mean, If I hated GTA3, will I hate GTA4? (Most probably will). I think it is a good game with a lot of innovation BUT it still isn't my style. I would pick MGS4 over this any day.

GTA, for me, is an acceptable game that bores my balls off. Repetition and chunkiness. DAMN. It's fun for the first 10 minutes, downhill after those. I don't think it's gameplay would change much by adding the next-gen gleam here and there. Snore.

I don't understand how GTA could take Ocarina's #1 spot (to hell with a Link to the Past!). It's a sandbox game for kids, if you know what I'm saying (M for Manure). What comes next...

For me, I usually go around corners really fast with both the brakes and the handbrake on, and that helps.

Ign and gamespot gave this game a 10. It's been FAR too long since both of them have given the same game a perfect score. It takes an ocarina to beat this game.But I think #2 on the rankings is going to be the place where OOT pays rent from now on.

StalfrosCC said:

Jesus. Too many topics.

Yeah, I would close another one but I honestly don't think I could take the embarassment of being called a Micro-Himmler twice in one day.

GTA IV is certainly worth the plethora of topics. I think the series as a whole is overhyped, and havent put this one in my disc tray yet, but like it or loathe it, it's a huge event for the gaming world. There's plenty of different aspects to discuss, and i struggle to see how the play of a game should be lumped into a topic along side a discussion on critical response and one on the gaming market.

People need to calm down with their closing, flipping, rearranging, combining topics. This forum has such a small topic turnover, it really doesnt matter even if you don't think they merit their own discussions...which i firmly believe they do.

EDIT: Though perhaps keeping the titles a bit more clear on what aspect they are about is a fair criticism...I do seem to need to read within to work out.

I'm not sure how i feel on the subject of OOT. I mean, yes, for it's time it was pretty unequal - but do we judge everything by the benchmark they got when they came out? If so, equally revolutionary games may not surpass it, with so much more to them, just because for that gen it was storming. I do like OOT of course. Love it in fact. I havent played yet so will come back to this, but i've seen videos, and cant help but feel GTA hype may have got a bit of a grip again. Not at all to say it isnt brilliant, which i'm sure it will be, but best game ever seems a huge leap.

used44 said:
StalfrosCC said:

Jesus. Too many topics.

Yeah, I would close another one but I honestly don't think I could take the embarassment of being called a Micro-Himmler twice in one day.

Lawlz.

I just want to post in all of them and I forget which is which. But I forget... trying to make the forum easier to do anything is tyranny in and of itself.

Okay, i'll summarize my post then if it's not going to be read.

Different topics for different discussions on a game.

Varied subjects pertaining to one game. Too broad for one topic.

Me no like all coagulated in one. Me like plenty of clear topics.

Not many topics here anyway. Not getting in way of constant flow of discussions.

Why topics nicknamed 'threads'? 'Threads' of discussion. Too many threads in one would make rope.

To be honest, I agree with malakian completely. If you recall, I was an opponent of JCD's 'Xbox News' thread thing, where he posted a plethora of news to discuss. If the topics of discussion are varied, they should be allowed to have their own threads and not be lumped into one "Official topic!"

The real reason I closed that other "Just got the game" thread is because the first post was "Nuff said" and the subsequent posts were all about mother fucking Denmark

It's refreshing to see you posting in a gaming forum, mala.

Ok I see the points of both sides here. No one wants a forum cluttered with similar topics about one game but given how diverse GTA is I think it warrants more than just one topic. Having said that let's keep in mind that it is a multiplatform game, most topics will be more suited to the General Gaming forum because they're about the game in general but some may be better for either Sony or Microsoft and this should be kept in mind when making topics and moving them.

So topic makers: don't make a topic to let us know you bought the game, don't make one if there's already an existing thread that does the same job, just be sensible and I'll try to return the favour.

Sam

yea, like that tool that created an 'offical GTAIV ' thread in the microsoft section, out of all places.

Driving is awesome in GTA, to me it feels like an entire game all together when you jump in a car.

Pro tip: Use the 'bonnet' (fps) view while driving, and try to take a basic racing line, you will get around corners SO much easier.

Ta used, I used to post in em a lot lot more, and will over the coming months. Life's been very demanding these past months, not least because of university. All done after my exams in a week though, hurrah.

Lumping is only necessary for very rapidly moving forums, as long as (as maca pointed out) the same subject exactly isn't being repeated like 'i got it too!' as a new topic, threads are threads of discussion. Otherwise it's just detrimental over-regulation...Casual browsers aren't going to, to take your example of JCD, trawl through a ten page topic to see if something they've just read has been mentioned.

nice to see we can all have a mature chat about this. Back to the grind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod