Rogue One

Looks awesome! I'm pretty psyched to see this.

Having a prequel to A New Hope and having no Jedi/Sith and instead, focusing on the X-Wing pilots (just like the novels) is a great idea.

Speaking of Sith though, I've heard Darth Vader will be making an appearance. To be fair, Vader is probably the best and most feared pilot in the galaxy. It makes sense to have him as a major threat for the Rebel pilots.

Wish they had picked a different name for this. I hear Rogue and I think Rogue Squadron with X-Wings zooming around blowing up TIEs.

Trailer looks good though. Interested to see a bit more.

Cfcu-qVVAAAuEdd.jpg

Sad, insecure "men" are already crying and complaining about Star Wars: Rogue One having another female protagonist.

UghRochester said:
People are ignorant. Those are the type of people who think Tosh.O is hilarious.

These idiots are ignorant, and that trailer looks badass

don't bring t0sh into this.. he's great too

I don't know anything about the extended star wars universe stuff. On one hand I could see why you would want to branch out and explore all this other stuff going on, but on the other hand, is it something that the general movie going audience that also doesn't follow all the stuff going on in star wars is going to care about? Guess we will find out, but it was a pretty good trailer either way.

Also, can we stop trying to make news out of what a couple of random people on twitter say? It's bad enough when every no talent, hack blogger has to do it to generate those outrage clicks. "WE'VE COLLECTED THIS SAMPLE OF RANDOM TWEETS FROM PEOPLE YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF THAT DON'T LIKE THAT THERE IS ANOTHER FEMALE LEAD IN ANOTHER STAR WARS MOVIE. SEXISM IS ALIVE AND WELL IN 2016!"

Social media is just this endless cycle of outraged people blogging about shit that other people are outraged about causing more people to get outraged by the outrage causing other people to get outraged by the outraged from the outrage.

p.s. I also like tosh and don't have a problem with female leads. don't be one of those guys.

Oddly enough I like the idea of Donnie Yen's character. It has a feel of using a staff (for whatever reason) in KOTOR, sorta fleshes out the background more and gives more umpf to the film.

Also lead female means more boobs front and center, win win IMO.

Tosh.O is supposed to be a comedy TV show that basically looks at funny and popular videos on the Internet.

I've never found him funny, but there's one episode that made me laugh where he talks to this body builder and open steroid abuser guy over a webcam, and the guy is just yelling at him.

As a fan of Star Wars (Have to admit, though, I've never read anything from the Extended Universe, so, mainly a fan of the main films) I found the trailer and movie concept quite interesting.
It's a breath of fresh air that the next Star Wars movie will focus on the Rebel pilots instead of mainly on the Jedis/Siths, so I'm definitely going to watch it.
Personally, though, I'm not always too fond of prequels because, unless they show the impact those previous events had on future installments, as well as the return of, at least, some of the new characters introduced in those previous events, then I think that their reason to exist is simply just to make another installment of a certain franchise just to win more money knowing that fans will watch it.
Again, that's just my opinion, and not all prequels are bad (Not talking about the Star Wars prequels, although, episode 3 was really good), in fact, some have proved to be vital for a series (Since this is a gaming forum, think Metal Gear Solid 3 as an example).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle