Times where you feel old.

UghRochester said:
intoTheRain said:
only feel old because my body is starting to feel old. otherwise i feel absolutely no different at 30 than i did at 20. nothing changes. except you're that much closer to death
Yeah, I mean I still look at 18 year olds.

Not sure what you're saying here, but if you're implying things do change, and you saying you look at 18 year olds (I assume females?) is sarcasm, stop kidding yourself. We all still look at 18 year olds.

Hahaha!^

Also topical, I imagine people too young wouldn't have seen this great film.

I have a new colleague in the office who was born in 1994...and that's when all my favourite films growing up were released. Ace Ventura, Jurassic Park etc came out then.
I also asked her if she'd seen Pulp Fiction, she said no - I told her to fuck herself.

Wow, those Fanboys-Online comics are so well drawn! Awesome!

How I feel old...

-The kids at judo play Pokemon, yet have no idea who Typhlosion is, and talk about Pokemon I've never even heard of.

-My girlfriend is 21. I'm 26.

-Kid at judo asked me, "What's a NES?" I nearly had a heart attack.

-Kids at judo had no idea the recent Robocop movie was a "reboot" and that there were original movies before it.

-Final Fantasy X came out 14 years ago.

-The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker came out 11 years ago.

do-the-right-thing-radio-raheem-puerto-rican-music-duel.jpg

Floppy disk drives!

I remember when I was in high school, this kid goes "How to get an extension on any assignment", he then pulls a floppy disk out of his bag, crushes it with his hands, then approaches the teacher and tells the teacher a complete lie about how people were kicking his school bag and it destroyed his disk which had his homework on it.

Got a week's extension. Son of a b-

When I was in high school, it was apparently really "uncool" to like or play video games, despite the fact everyone did it... it was like, a forbidden topic to discuss that everyone seemed deeply ashamed of.

Nowadays, it's super cool for kids to run around in Call of Duty t-shirts.

The f-

I'm also pissed at a popularity reversal. I loved Star Wars though most of my childhood, but it was definitely a lever to use for bullying. Now those same people talk about how great the movies were and the nuances between the original and special editions.

::hipster glasses flash:: I liked it before it was cool.

I like the idea of true, genuine nerds/geeks gathering together to celebrate what they're passionate about. This could be hanging out with your friends and playing Mario Kart, or sitting around a table playing D&D or a board game of some sort, or hell even playing a game with your mates online on a regular, almost ritualistic basis.

Walking around with thick black framed glasses and a CoD t-shirt is not this.

I, too, hate being able to engage on a base level with others and to then be able to blow their minds with my profound knowledge.

I once met a "nerd" who called Link Zelda. I know that's a common mistake non-gamers make but not "nerds"! NOT quoteNERDSunquote!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133