Times where you feel old.

WickedLiquid

Regular
So I had an interesting chat with my younger cousin recently. He's 10 years younger and was born in 1996. But since he's 18 I figured he was old enough to appreciate some music so I turned him onto some 90's alternative rock.

Stuff from this list

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQkB8EuP8U

Great list btw if you're into 90's rock.

Anyways, it was then that I found out he referred to it all as "Classic Rock he grew up to on Rockband and Guitar Hero." Which made me feel super old. He then showed me the music he is into and I hadn't heard of any of it.

So what makes you feel old? And yes I know people older than me will say 28 is not old but that still doesn't change the fact the stuff I grew up with is now considered "classic".

There's a simple explanation for all this: your cousin is a fucking idiot ;)

I look pretty young for my age. Most people think I'm early 20's despite being 33. So it makes me feel really old when they look at me like wow you are old like a decade older than they guessed. And then they hear that I have 3 kids...

My girlfriend is 20 and I am 25. Sometimes she makes me feel old, sometimes she makes me feel young.

Gunner37 said:
when i say ten years ago i think of the 90s not the early 2000s so theres that
Same thing for me. When I see stuff labeled 2000-2006, I don't think of it as 'old,' until I remember what year it is...

Sourdeez said:
My girlfriend is 20 and I am 25. Sometimes she makes me feel old, sometimes she makes me feel young.
I sympathize man.. This is mostly prevalent in the TVs and Movies library me and my gf watched "growing up". :?

I feel old when people make references to slang I don't know. Just found out that "Thot" means slut.. when did this pop up and why?

Also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0mg9DxvfZE

I listen to the music these kids listen to and I feel glad that I only listened to stuff that came out before I was born. And gangster rap before anyone got rich off of it. Thanks Run DMC.

I'm 35 and I already feel so out of touch with things because I don't participate in "social media" among other things.

When I see young 20 somethings calling themselves twitter activists or hashtag activists or whatever the hell they call it, all I can think is, what a bunch of assholes.

I'm well on my way to being that grumpy old asshole yelling about kids and their shitty music and terrible clothes.

I'm starting feel like I'm balding. Can't grow that mighty mane anymore mateys, but hey that's life.

A young girl, in a town next to me, friend requested me and asked if I was her friend's father. I felt old then. I feel old now, because 98% of my HS classmates either had a kid or is pregnant.

only feel old because my body is starting to feel old. otherwise i feel absolutely no different at 30 than i did at 20. nothing changes. except you're that much closer to death

intoTheRain said:
only feel old because my body is starting to feel old. otherwise i feel absolutely no different at 30 than i did at 20. nothing changes. except you're that much closer to death
Yeah, I mean I still look at 18 year olds.

UghRochester said:
A young girl, in a town next to me, friend requested me and asked if I was her friend's father. I felt old then. I feel old now, because 98% of my HS classmates either had a kid or is pregnant.

Don't worry Howie, youre still young. You just abbreviated high school as HS. Youths fucking abbreviate EVERYTHING!

Excuse me, GS. I just need to TAW in this here WC.

Someone was talking to me the other day and told me a girl "went full HAM". I didn't know what HAM was and thought they just meant she was becoming a fat ass. Using abbreviations all the time outside of a text conversation sounds dumb. This must be a sign that I am getting old.

2012-09-17-Musically%20inclined%20part%201.jpg

2012-09-19-Musically%20Inclined%20part%202.jpg

As for me, i don't care about being old, I'll ghost ride till i die.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod