Introducing the youngins to classics

WickedLiquid

Regular
So my 14 year old cousin is getting into a zombie obsession, he loves Left for Dead and Call of Duty wth zombies. He came across the trailer for Resident Evil 6 and thought it looked pretty cool. I told him before he plays it he needs to get better acquanited with the RE series.

I wanted to start him off on the PS1 Resident Evil but had to settle with the Gamesube Remake. He absouletley loves it and I'll be sure to let him take a crack at RE 2, 3, Code Veronica and finally RE4.

I also have an 11 year old cousin who I've got hooked on A Link to the Past. So far he loves it and once he's done that I'll start him on Ocarina of Time.

So have you introduced the younger generation to classics? If so what game?

Rated M for Mature means 18-years or older, dipshit.

Lol, just kidding. I think a 14-year-old playing those games can be okay, as long as there's an informed adult such as yourself helping him or her make those choices. And stay far away from COD online.

I was playing Resident Evil and Silent Hill at 14 and I turned out ok.

...I got a letter, from Used, my BFF's name... couldn't possibly be true, a dead person can't write a letter, that's what I keep telling myself. He said he's alone there now, waiting for me at our special place...

Oh sorry, what were we talking about?

I tried to get a kid I know to play Megaman Legends. He didn't.

He did start playing KotOR, though. That's good.

Learning from the past is how you move forward into the future. Let them form their own conclusions on the games as they play them, but don't be afraid to introduce them either.

Noah, the five year-old is starting Ocarina of Time. Little guy reads like a champ, I only have to help him every once in a while. Still getting used to not having a XMB and the fact that N64 controllers don't turn the console on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle