Projector 4 hXc gamage?

I was debating whether or not this should go in the misc or this forum. I figured it had to do with gaming so here we are. Alright, here it goes:

I was wondering if a projector is a good idea to fulfill my big screen gaming needs. Any thoughts, opinions? Any model, brand, or store I should look at? Stupid idea? Whatever, just say something.

50% of my console gaming is done on a Philips projector. While the quality is actually surprisingly good, as is the sound, it can really take it's toll on the eyes. Add to that the fact that projectors cannot handle long gaming sessions....

But still, I believe the positives outway the negatives.

A long gaming session for me is much the same as that of a short sex session for Chuck Norris. In around the four century mark. The bloody projector overheats after between 2-5 hours.

Then it explodes? Light bulb is destroyed? My penis disappears? More details please. I'm almost ready to go out and buy one, so give me the skinny on this biotch.

Well I got a project, but I have yet to hook it up. Well, I guess I'll go do that right now. I'll write how it turns out if anyone cares.

It was kinda steep, $800 US, I don't know the current exchange rate. It's as much as LCD TVs are going so it's alright, plus the image is so big and mighty.

Our DDR club uses a projector and I have no arguments with it. One college event actually projected Guitar Hero II on the wall, and it rocked.

Let's just hope your projector doesn't overheat easily. Wouldn't want 800 smackaroons to go down the drain.

Status Report:

Everything is going awesomely with my projector. I've had some rather long video game playing sessions (5 or more hours) and there has been no overheating in sight. The only thing is that I have ruined gaming for myself. I will never be able to play on anything smaller than 90 inches from now on.

End Transmission.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle