POST YOUR PICTURES HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad said:
It looks like the 1990 Berlin concert--the fact that it's outside, is featuring a huge wall, and a huge audience implies that--but for some reason tinted purple.

Didn't the Berlin Wall go down in 1989? Before the 1990 concert...

heres a picture of me thrashing in my room too some hxc

636398786_l.jpg

abcwtf said:
How did I know that you, Pavel, the most useless being on the planet, would reply with that exact statement?

Firstly, you didn't. Secondly, everything else that's wrong with what you just said.

Crazy_Cune said:
glenn.. whats that pic from?

i get all the p floyd references.. a concert of theirs?

Sad said:
It looks like the 1990 Berlin concert--the fact that it's outside, is featuring a huge wall, and a huge audience implies that--but for some reason tinted purple.

Gamermorph44 said:
Didn't the Berlin Wall go down in 1989? Before the 1990 concert...

It's Roger Waters' concert he did in 1990, titled The Wall: Live in Berlin.
It was done just a few short months after the Berlin Wall came down, on the very site where the wall once stood. In fact, the audience and stage are on what was once the no mans land, where all the barbed wire and landmines between East and West was.
Pretty cool.
the_wall_live_in_berlin_dvd.jpg

And the concert was amazing as well. It was as mentioned above, done in 1990 by Roger Waters, former Pink Floyd bassist and the one who pretty much wrote The Wall back in 1979. Pink Floyd themselves were not involved in this concert. The Berlin concert was modeled after Pink Floyd's own The Wall concerts done in 1980/81, which were mainly arena concerts, and therefore were not of the scale the Berlin concert is. This concert was fucking huge. That's about all I can say there. They had scissor lifts in front of the stage that went up and down the face of the wall, they had a marching band performing in front of the wall, lighting towers in front of and at either side of the stage that were large hydraulic bucket tower things that went up and down and side to side moving around over the stage...
To make up for the lack of Pink Floyd band memebrs on the stage, a cast of awesome musicians was assembled to pick up the bits which would have been sung by Dave and Rick, including Van Morrison on Comfortably Numb, Sinead O'Conner on Mother and Cyndi Lauper on Another Brick in the Wall part 2 (which some will say was the worst part of the show, but I found her singing and stage performance amusing, but was also quite aroused by the guitar and keyboard solos).

And I have no idea why the guy who made this image (Glenn maybe?) tinted it pink/purple... it really doesn't go with it at all.

I've been trying to put on a few extra pounds, I've got myself up to 160 now.

I don't think I'm overweight? Somewhere between 6'0" and 6'1" and 160 isn't bad, is it?

I cut my hair awhile back, most people say I look older with my hair long and shaggish, so I'm growing it back out.

I'm very displeased with my appearance right now.

It really depends on what percent of your total body mass is fat. By the look of your face, I would guess somewhere around 20%... I'm about 6'2 or 6'3 and 165 lbs. My face looks WAY thinner than yours. I also have about 10% body fat... You might want to consider doing a small cut.

ROFL! YOU LOOK SO FAT! I was looking and thinking WTF WHO IS THIS NEW YOUNG FAT KID? You look heaps younger than you already did, and a LOT FATTER! That is the funniest thing you've ever posted. Keep up the good work.

masterchris said:
To make up for the lack of Pink Floyd band memebrs on the stage, a cast of awesome musicians was assembled to pick up the bits which would have been sung by Dave and Rick, including Van Morrison on Comfortably Numb, Sinead O'Conner on Mother and Cyndi Lauper on Another Brick in the Wall part 2 (which some will say was the worst part of the show, but I found her singing and stage performance amusing, but was also quite aroused by the guitar and keyboard solos).

And I have no idea why the guy who made this image (Glenn maybe?) tinted it pink/purple... it really doesn't go with it at all.

Yeah, I personally really enjoyed pt. 2 of Another Brick in the Wall because of the solos--hell, they doubled the length of the track. In fact, most of the album I think is great, except that damn bald guy on Comfortably Numb. His voice doesn't go at all with the song and crappifies it to an exponential margin, such that even the amazing solo that this version has doesn't make up for the terrible singing.

I also thought Waters was too restrained during the Waiting for the Warms march, the movie was much more emotional in these kinds of moments.

shane you're not 6'2, remember the cuple of body length shots you posted last year, no one climbs a foot in a year

i'm 6'2 and i'm 210, if anything you're underweight

Sad said:
In fact, most of the album I think is great, except that damn bald guy on Comfortably Numb. His voice doesn't go at all with the song and crappifies it to an exponential margin, such that even the amazing solo that this version has doesn't make up for the terrible singing.

I also thought Waters was too restrained during the Waiting for the Warms march, the movie was much more emotional in these kinds of moments.
Agreed. Van Morrison's voice didn't really work that well covering David's vocals on Comfortably Numb. They sound nothing alike. Also have to agree with Roger's somewhat laid back performance during Waiting for the Worms.

Best vocals on the concert: Bryan Adams doing Young Lust. Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle