Overwatch: Butt Pose

Longo_2_guns said:
UrbanMasque said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Is it a dumb pose? Sure. They could have easily cut it in silence and literally no one would've cared.

But they decided to use it as a way to get easy publicity, and now everyone's being stupid. It's not like they're cutting all the sexualized characters.

So heres the thing, this pose is not "stock" you have to get in game points or spend money on it - so there is no exposure to "his little girl". This is actually upsetting that they are cutting a games features because one dad feels uncomfortable - but hey they want to make money so im sure the marketing boys knew a big PR removal of the pose will make a splash in the SJW circuit.

Also - Google: Overwatch Widowmaker Pose

This is another character and my favorite character (Sniper) if they cut her voice lines, poses, or skins - i might walk away from the game :/ Pandering asshats.
See, but that's EXACTLY my point. They aren't cutting all the sexuality, they aren't cutting all the butts, they aren't cutting anything except for a single optional butt pose that they feel isn't fitting with the character. Which I get, like how you can show Spider-Man's butt but not Daredevil's butt. It wasn't necessary, but it's their call and it's a super minor, unimportant thing.

So they cut a single butt. If they had just not had it in the final cut of the game and not told anyone, would a single person care? No. Are they cutting ALL the butts? No. Are they cutting her butt at all? No. They're cutting something so minor and insignificant that it isn't even worth a thread.

But because they had to go "I'M SO SORRY FOR BUTTS!" everyone made a big deal out of something that is nothing worthwhile at all.

I agree that by even addressing the original complaint, blizzard opened up a can of worms, especially in the way that they did it, and only made worse by the way they tried to backtrack and say that it had nothing to do with anything other than them not liking the pose. It just looked bad.

Admittedly, I have not closely followed the development of the game but I don't get the argument that the pose in question doesn't fit her personality. Having a certain personality type precludes one from looking over their shoulder now? How does that work?

You would think blizzard would know better than most that they are never going to please everyone and that if they made a design decision that a majority of people are fine with, making needless changes to show how "progressive" they are makes them look like they are pandering as much as they are trying to convince everyone that they are not.

The infamous "butt pose" has officially changed. See gif animation below.

hqob0jkethrqyruzqih2.gif

Green_Lantern said:
I don't understand how people can call that a butt anyway...it's pretty much a Hank Hill butt.

Thats what I was thinking... but some people like different asses i guess

What's really funny is that you could make the argument that the new pose is more sexualized than the old one.

C_nate said:
What's really funny is that you could make the argument that the new pose is more sexualized than the old one.
You could also say it makes me want to punch her in the face.

Blizzard is daring the "SJW" contingent to push it, lol. Perfect response to this non-issue issue.. I'll allow it.

7MKka.gif

I approve of the new pose, now her armor covered tits can be seen at the same time.
Truly an improvement.

The thought of the SJWs reaction to this feels so good i'm pretty sure it's now my fetish

Remembered when all Blizzard had to contend with were people complaining about no LAN for SC2, always online mode for Diablo 3 and that Diablo 3 was too cartoony? Good times.

The only thing we can take away from this is that Blizzard in the 21st century only knows how to be consistent at making bad decisions

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod