Overwatch Golden Loot Box Giveaway!

Jonathan_Leack

Former Executive Editor
We are giving away a few Overwatch Golden Loot Box codes. This promotional in-game Loot Box contains four random items from the classic collection, including one guaranteed legendary.

To enter, reply to this thread sharing your favorite Blizzard game of all-time.

We'll private message random winners throughout the next few days.

Good luck!

All I've played from them is Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm (for 20 matches to get that free loot), and Warcraft 3.

So... Overwatch.

Oh boy, Blizzard always makes quality games but they get better with each release so if I had to pick one, I'll pick the latest: Overwatch.

Diablo 2. I can't even count the number of hours I played that...on dial up..

Overwatch is my recent fave from them.

Overwatch,

It really did not seem like my type of game at first, then bought it together with a group of friends.

It turned out to be really fun playing together!

So yes, I would like a loot box

Hey Jonathan - what console is the competition for? PC, X-Box One, PS4? All?

As for favourite Blizzard game, I'm going to say Overwatch... but saying "Overwatch" is a bit predictable so, I'll discuss my former all time favourite Blizzard game, Diablo II.

I first played Diablo II when I was twelve years old, back in 2000. I used to play the first Diablo before it (when I was eleven years old), which was my first taste of online gaming, back on 'ye ol' 56K dial up.

I was so excited that we were getting Diablo II, I bloody had dreams about what it was gonna be like, then when we finally got our grubby hands all over it, my two brothers and I were so in love with that damn game. Everything about it was so much better than the original Diablo, it was a hell of an upgrade of a game! Five character classes with their own unique skills and abilities, being able to bloody run, huge outdoor maps, EIGHT player multiplayer?! For its time, almost everything about the game was amazing.

While its expansion pack, Lord of Destruction was awesome, its latest patch updates essentially broke the game when they introduced "synergy", e.g. leveling up specific skills, to give bonuses to other skills. It got absolutely ridiculous that my Paladin's Fist of Heavens could cause about 100K damage per strike... and classes such as the Necromancer, Amazon and Sorceress became grossly overpowered, while other classes such as the Barbarian were left behind in the dust.

My favorite Blizzard game is going to be World of Warcraft. Not for its game, mind you. It was there I've met some of my closest friends, learned how to manage and deal with people, and I can't speak for myself but I do know a lot of people met their spouses through the game. By now it's obviously outdated and to a lot of people it's a mediocre game, I'd agree with them but deep down it will always hold a special place in my heart.

Of course, I do play Overwatch as a support main or, "Okay, I guess I'll be Soldier 76 to counter that Pharmercy flying around" DPS.

Last edited:
My favorite Blizzard game is going to be World of Warcraft. Not for its game, mind you. It was there I've met some of my closest friends, learned how to manage and deal with people, and I can't speak for myself but I do know a lot of people met their spouses through the game. By now it's obviously outdated and to a lot of people it's a mediocre game, I'd agree with them but deep down it will always hold a special place in my heart.

A bit unrelated to the topic, but I just wanted to comment about MMO's... I played City of Heroes/Villains and I loved that game. The game itself wasn't mind blowingly amazing, but I met some really cool people in that game, making some great online friends. I have no idea where they are now, though... ever since the game shut down, we've basically lost each other's contact details (I didn't have Facebook back then). That's what I miss most about that game, the friendships and conversations.

A bit unrelated to the topic, but I just wanted to comment about MMO's... I played City of Heroes/Villains and I loved that game. The game itself wasn't mind blowingly amazing, but I met some really cool people in that game, making some great online friends. I have no idea where they are now, though... ever since the game shut down, we've basically lost each other's contact details (I didn't have Facebook back then). That's what I miss most about that game, the friendships and conversations.

Oh man oh man! City of Heroes!! I always made some dark villain like character who eventually turned good. Hell ... some of us got so into it we even wrote up bio's and such for our characters.

Now that's something I forgot about and not sure I should be sharing. Haha.

Favorite Blizzard game ...

WarCraft II: Tide of Darkness

It's what started it all for my love of online gaming (along with Ultima Online of course). We used to call each other up and then rush to connect via dial-up to the Kali server and play ... although that sucker would crash all the damn time.

Good memories. It's what started it all and that lead me into StarCraft, Diablo, D2 and eventually WoW beta testing followed by a 7 year run.

Oh man oh man! City of Heroes!! I always made some dark villain like character who eventually turned good. Hell ... some of us got so into it we even wrote up bio's and such for our characters.

I'm going off topic but I need to respond to this. Man, I did the exact same thing. I totally did the whole "write a bio" and really make a "character" thing. It was awesome.

My favourite character was my Scrapper, who achieved level fifty (maximum level) and was also a dark character, e.g. his power pool came from the Dark Melee set (offence) and Dark Armor set (defense). He also had acrobatic powers (so super jump was his travel power), with a bit of stealth and Darkness Mastery powers.

My character was fantastic in PvE. I remember doing the Statesmen Taskforce with some friends from my super group (guild), and my character was the only one out of a party of eight heroes who was not effected by Ghost Widow's psychic attacks. That was cool. In saying that, my character wasn't very good at PvP. :(

Only played Diablo 3...pretty fucking fun!

Never played Overwatch...may need an excuse to though ;)

Only played Diablo 3...pretty fucking fun!

Never played Overwatch...may need an excuse to though ;)

Tracer's butt

v4dcuuxjgvs2tixanwhh.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle