Overwatch: Butt Pose

Isn't Tracer supposed to be at a young age but her time abilities warped her body or something like that? Didn't quite read her back story. I've seen the picture but I don't know the full story.

Also, WoW has scantily clad elves and no one bats an eye.

Here you go.
tracer-victory-pose-2-over-the-shoulder.png

I don't really care whether they take it out or not, I just want to play it already. Although the decision to take it out is pretty dumb.

It's just a wedgie. I don't see how this was controversial. Same with that SFV character slapping her butt. It's pointless.

Is it a dumb pose? Sure. They could have easily cut it in silence and literally no one would've cared.

But they decided to use it as a way to get easy publicity, and now everyone's being stupid. It's not like they're cutting all the sexualized characters.

Remember back in the day when nobody used to give a shit and people just played the video games they liked?
Fuck i miss those days

Now onto the subject of female asses being the only asses, whenever a moron warbles about it:
WWE
Get some nice male ass shots, shut them the fuck up.

I still don't understand what all the controversy is about.

I don't see how someone can look at that and find it sexual or objectifying. It is literally just someone looking over their shoulder. I've seen the argument that she is "presenting" which I also find equally absurd.

If this was her pose
559d1c5f150000b710ff7259.jpeg

I could see why some people might take issue with it.

But the "over the shoulder" pose is super common and they use it on the red carpet all the time.
JESSICA-WRIGHT-BUM-1.jpg

It seems like the entire issue revolves around the fact that she is wearing tight pants and you can see the definition of her butt. If she had the same pose but was wearing a flowing robe, would there still be people saying it was sexual and objectifying?

So first, any exposed skin was "problematic" (cleavage, midriffs) now we're down to complaining about tight clothing? I hope these people never go outside where I see more woman wearing tight stretchy pants than ever before.

Then there is the whole issue of what kind of message does this send to younger people that in our society, games where you shoot people in the face is great, but if you detail her ass or breasts too much, well then, that is just flat out unacceptable.

Many of the people taking issue with this are flat out hypocrites.

The initial post on that forum that started all this attention is craaaazy.

"HOW DOES THIS FIT TRACER AS A CHARACTER?!"

Um, she's looking over her shoulder.

I'm 100% in favor of representing women (players and characters alike) more respectfully in gaming, but this pose, and this game, are not things that should be targeted.

No one had a problem with the promotional art of Nova from Star Craft, but they have a problem with this?

s-l300.jpg

I find it funny that people seem to have no problem with what the game is about, killing people, but they get flat out pissed when there's a character who happens to wear tights. Super heroes wear tights too. So do a lot of women in yoga pants, and they probably don't even do yoga. Yo.

I once saw a guy wearing hot pink yoga pants with stars on them. Not a joke. I saw everything.

I'm just not going to play overwatch. I am sick of sexy powerful female characters being watered down in video games.

Oh sure. People get angry about a woman wearing skin tight clothing, but are there any complaints when Flanders does it?

No. Nothing at all.

Nothing at all.

Nothing at all.

cyberjim2000 said:
Isn't Tracer supposed to be at a young age but her time abilities warped her body or something like that? Didn't quite read her back story. I've seen the picture but I don't know the full story.

No Tracer was a pilot in an experimental part of the Overwatch group - and they were playing with time dialation and she got this "Super power" as a result.

cyberjim2000 said:
Also, WoW has scantily clad elves and no one bats an eye.
Seriously, I blame GG

UghRochester said:
It's just a wedgie. I don't see how this was controversial. Same with that SFV character slapping her butt. It's pointless.

Dude, I know.. like - shes not moaning of doing anything overly sexual.. this makes me sad.. Dont worry - no one will make any character wear Yoga pants in the future EVER again!

Longo_2_guns said:
Is it a dumb pose? Sure. They could have easily cut it in silence and literally no one would've cared.

But they decided to use it as a way to get easy publicity, and now everyone's being stupid. It's not like they're cutting all the sexualized characters.

So heres the thing, this pose is not "stock" you have to get in game points or spend money on it - so there is no exposure to "his little girl". This is actually upsetting that they are cutting a games features because one dad feels uncomfortable - but hey they want to make money so im sure the marketing boys knew a big PR removal of the pose will make a splash in the SJW circuit.

Also - Google: Overwatch Widowmaker Pose

This is another character and my favorite character (Sniper) if they cut her voice lines, poses, or skins - i might walk away from the game :/ Pandering asshats.

madster111 said:
Remember back in the day when nobody used to give a shit and people just played the video games they liked?
Fuck i miss those days

So do I mate, so do I..

..Also Thank you C_NATE you hit the nail on the head.

UrbanMasque said:
Longo_2_guns said:

So heres the thing, this pose is not "stock" you have to get in game points or spend money on it - so there is no exposure to "his little girl". This is actually upsetting that they are cutting a games features because one dad feels uncomfortable - but hey they want to make money so im sure the marketing boys knew a big PR removal of the pose will make a splash in the SJW circuit.

Also - Google: Overwatch Widowmaker Pose

This is another character and my favorite character (Sniper) if they cut her voice lines, poses, or skins - i might walk away from the game :/ Pandering asshats.
See, but that's EXACTLY my point. They aren't cutting all the sexuality, they aren't cutting all the butts, they aren't cutting anything except for a single optional butt pose that they feel isn't fitting with the character. Which I get, like how you can show Spider-Man's butt but not Daredevil's butt. It wasn't necessary, but it's their call and it's a super minor, unimportant thing.

So they cut a single butt. If they had just not had it in the final cut of the game and not told anyone, would a single person care? No. Are they cutting ALL the butts? No. Are they cutting her butt at all? No. They're cutting something so minor and insignificant that it isn't even worth a thread.

But because they had to go "I'M SO SORRY FOR BUTTS!" everyone made a big deal out of something that is nothing worthwhile at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod