Are We Going To See More Online Shooters Soon?

Whether you call it an MMO FPS or a team-based online shooter, we can't deny that Overwatch really was a huge success. That said, are we going to see more Overwatch clones in the next few months or years? Or will the hype regarding such types of games die down? :?:

Overwatch isn't exactly a MMO and its type of gameplay existed since Quake 1. So maybe? I mean, there are WoW-clones and Diablo-clones that still exists today.

Overwatch is more of a team based FPS, similar to Team Fortress 2.

If you're looking for an FPS MMO, the closest thing I can think of is Destiny.

Yeah, Overwatch isn't an MMO. Are there going to be more games like it? Absolutely. Overwatch is an arena shooter, which genre is perhaps the most popular for online gaming and has been for years.

I think there's potential for more MMO FPS games like Destiny that don't pick their butts and eat it.

With the success and popularity of Overwatch, I wouldn't be surprised if it became the new "thing" and more developers started trying to make team based arena shooters.

Team Fortress 2 came out ages ago back in 2007 but surprisingly, despite its popularity, there weren't a lot of games like it at the time as far as I'm aware?

True, but it may have just been because TF2 wasn't as successful at launch and it took quite some time for the game to gain traction. Although the same thing happened to CS:GO too I guess, and look where it's at now as a game. Hmm ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod