[OT] Resident Evil 6

The best part (and only good part) about 5 was when you were first in the lab area. You kept hearing a creature's claws walk around..then when you came across some documents they mentioned "licker" and I literally paused for a minute and went, "....oh fuck yes"

Anyone play the demo with Dragon's Dogma?

I have to say I enjoyed it myself. Leon's part was probably my favourite just because I prefer the slower paced action. The other 2 action-packed ones I found getting frustrated with how close the camera is behind Chris'/Jake's back. I was dieing to find a button that zoomed the camera out, then I would've enjoyed them much, much more.

If I were to buy it, it would be for the Leon section and the intruigue levels to the overall story. If I could have it my way, I just wouldn't bother with the other 2 guys really. But there you go.

That really bummed me out, not many people knowing who Hunk is. He was my favorite character next to wesker, even though he was a secret. Still was sweet being able to play as him in RE2, Code Veronica, and RE4. Ain't nothing cooler then a dude in swat uniform and a gas mask.

kingg5 said:
That really bummed me out, not many people knowing who Hunk is. He was my favorite character next to wesker, even though he was a secret. Still was sweet being able to play as him in RE2, Code Veronica, and RE4. Ain't nothing cooler then a dude in swat uniform and a gas mask.
You can play him in Outbreak as well. He's a secret character. He's my favorite character in the whole series. Mr. Death will always win.

Anywho, I guess RE6 will have 4 campaigns. It'll be ada and it seems to be puzzle based.

I have to say despite my negative first impression with it hands on I gotta say they are at least trying to do something different instead of RE4.2

Still buying it.

TheJx4 said:
used44 said:
The RE series is so batshit wacko, so fuck it. You don't need to stay caught up. The characters need almost no explanation. They have the same motivations and relationships from game to game.

I honestly have NEVER had a clue as to what the hell was going on.

It stopped making sense when they turned Umbrella into an all-knowing, all-seeing global corporation.

But yeah, the characters are all pretty one demensional. With Resident Evil it's all about the gameplay.

kingg5 said:
That still puzzles me. How did Ada survive that fall and raccoon city being destroyed in 2?

She showed up in 4? If that one brain cell I have left regarding my knowledge of the RE series serves me correctly then I think that happened.

daverabbit said:
kingg5 said:
That still puzzles me. How did Ada survive that fall and raccoon city being destroyed in 2?

She showed up in 4? If that one brain cell I have left regarding my knowledge of the RE series serves me correctly then I think that happened.
That's my point though. How did she survive all that in 2 to show up in 4

TheJx4 said:
WickedLiquid said:
Boon and Tobias gave him a backstory? Wow, what else will i learn today?

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks

Anyways, seems to be three distinct playstyles here, can't wait.
Am I the only one who loved RE5?
four different playstyles. Maybe 8 depending on how that invading thing works.

WickedLiquid said:
The same reason Wesker survived after he was slaughtered by a tyrant in RE1... MAGIC!
You got a point. Hey besides zombies, all knowing corporations and bad acting Resident Evil also has magic. Albert Wesker, Mind Freak,

MattAY said:
Anyone play the demo.

I gave it a go last night and it was pretty awesome. For a demo, I found they offered a lot to do which was nice.

I agree Leon's mission was much better. I can sense Leon's story will feel more like RE4 which would be awesome. Chris' felt too much like Gears of War. I dunno, it was just weird to see zombies (or whatever the hell they are now) with guns. The third mission I played as Sherry since I don't know who the hell Jake is. It was awesome to see her in this game all grown up as a playable character.

I just downloaded the demo last night for PS3. I played solo, but I would have preferred to play co-op with my brother or something.

The new control scheme surprised me a little. To me the control scheme feels a lot like Dead Space... or maybe just general third person shooters.

I tried out all the campaigns and I enjoyed Leon's the most. It was kinda actiony but it felt like the classic Resident Evil. You know, dark, zombies etc.

Chris' was okay, very actiony, the entire time I was screaming "NOW I'M A MAN". I kept wanting to melee everything because of the size of Chris' arms.

Jake's was okay but I died easily. There was a lot of enemies and Jake starts off holding a pistol yet I had no idea until it was too late that Jake in the demo is actually a walking armoury and has a crap load of weapons on him.

I'm still gonna buy it.

I'm going to give the demo another try when I get over Borderlands 2, when the game comes out I'm skipping it only to rent Dishonored instead. It is weird seeing enemies with guns now but at least they're trying to make three different campaigns that all have their own style.

One thing that bugged me that I'm hoping they fixed in the game is that the camera doesn't always do a 180 spin when you hit down and X (PS3). I tend to rely on that a lot, and when it doesn't work properly I get frustrated.

It still looks like it'll be a fun ride.

WickedLiquid said:
One thing that bugged me that I'm hoping they fixed in the game is that the camera doesn't always do a 180 spin when you hit down and X (PS3). I tend to rely on that a lot, and when it doesn't work properly I get frustrated.

It still looks like it'll be a fun ride.
See, I was thinking the camera angle was too close. So annoying to me.

I WIL- oohhh fuck you 360.

The "Tutorial" was the balls. So like me to almost die in the tutorial.

Freaking amazon is delaying their orders of the game since they charge sales tax in CA i might as well go to gamestop.. ugh.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle