[OT] Resident Evil 6

Ananymous

Rookie
So what is everyones thoughts after seeing the trailer?

I think I saw actual zombies! YAY! Looks a lot more action oriented also, more movement and all that, and who the ef is that random guy?

zomg, 4 and 5 kind of made the story weird but I think 6 may fix it and even enhance it.

So I just watched it again, it seems you'll be VERY mobile while you fight zombies, B.O.W.'s and all that good stuff.

I'm still curious as to the mercenary guy that is getting chased by that big guy.

Yeah hopefully the controls won't be as retarded in this one.

That Merc dude seems pretty chill, wonder who he is.

Will the 3 character storylines combine into 1, or will they be separate?
Because Leon+Chris joining up would be pretty damn awesome.

Will the controls be different? Like, Chris the heavy, Leon the agile and that Merc dude in between, maybe?

It's a little weird that they released the trailer now instead of at E3, too. Maybe they're planning playable demos at E3.

I thought it looked a little haywire for my liking. It seems as if they're pumping everyone's favourite bits from all Resident Evils so far and making one ultimate one!

RE 1-3 were good but 4 is my favorite, I know there isn't a huge survival/horror aspect but it was just amazing. To be honest I thought RE5 wasn't bad, people hate it and I can understand why but I personally didn't think it was terrible. Was it because it had no survival aspects or that it was too "actiony"? I liked it and this new one looks cool, it's about time I can move and shoot. I don't care if standing and shooting is more "survivaly" in life I can move in shoot if there were zombies. The dashing and sliding into cover is a little weird since it's RE I guess it'll work, I wouldn't see it as a complaint

Can't believe no one figured it out yet. The mercenery is Hunk. Those true RE gamers know who i'm talking about,

Hunk is to RE what Noob Saibot is to Mortal Kombat. Nobody knows who the hell he is but he's an awesome secert character.

Resident Evil has always been silly, ever since Umbrella went from a scientific research lab to a world wide government conspiracy. Nowadays I don't really care about RE's story, i just want the gameplay to stay fun, innovative and intense.

WickedLiquid said:
Hunk is to RE what Noob Saibot is to Mortal Kombat. Nobody knows who the hell he is but he's an awesome secert character.
Except everyone knows who Noob Saibot is. He's the original Sub Zero, brought back to life after Scorpion killed him.

I do miss the actual survival horror aspect of these games but RE4 is one of my favorite ones to date might be because i had it on the wii and i felt like i was actually shooting the zombies/weird tentacle creatures.

Resident Evil got a good jumpstart on the whole survival horror genre. It didn't create it, but still played a key role that paved the way through two generations of gaming. Today it just isn't the same and i'm glad RE changed up their format to keep the series fresh.

I mean what DOESN'T have zombies in it these days?

I guess no one else has tried either of the Revelations demos. It is much more like the original than 6 looks to be. Was definitely very creepy in the dark last night with my headphones on. There aren't hordes of zombies but they do tend to pop out in unexpected places and slowly inch toward you. They weren't really zombies either though. Some kind of mutant monster.

As for 6 I'm still looking forward to it even if it's not survival horror anymore. I really can't stand the modern warfare games or BF really but RE 4 and 5 were both tons of fun for me. They're action games that I actually like.

WickedLiquid said:
Boon and Tobias gave him a backstory? Wow, what else will i learn today?

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks

Anyways, seems to be three distinct playstyles here, can't wait.
Am I the only one who loved RE5?

I still haven't played RE5. Saw the trailer for 6 and it looks pretty intense so I'm definatley picking that one up.

I really don't have to play 5 to understand 6 do I? I think I got the jist of it; Chris goes to Africa, teams up with a hot black chick. Everyone's infected. Albert Wesker does some crazy Neo shit. And in the end the whole place is going to blow up so they escape at the last minute.

Wes said:
I still haven't played RE5. Saw the trailer for 6 and it looks pretty intense so I'm definatley picking that one up.

I really don't have to play 5 to understand 6 do I? I think I got the jist of it; Chris goes to Africa, teams up with a hot black chick. Everyone's infected. Albert Wesker does some crazy Neo s***. Shitty boss battle And in the end the whole place is going to blow up so they escape at the last minute.

Probably not.

The RE series is so batshit wacko, so fuck it. You don't need to stay caught up. The characters need almost no explanation. They have the same motivations and relationships from game to game.

used44 said:
The RE series is so batshit wacko, so fuck it. You don't need to stay caught up. The characters need almost no explanation. They have the same motivations and relationships from game to game.

I honestly have NEVER had a clue as to what the hell was going on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod