On Increased Airport Security

Hey, its still 2009. We need to make our quota.

But back on topic: I know the whole naked scan is anonymous, but it is still invasive.

Not being able to zone out for last hour of a flight is BS. I hate flying. I put on my head phones, stick my nose in a book, close the blinds and forget I'm 42,000 ft in the air traveling at hundreds of miles an hour.

Also, granted there are hundreds of thousands of people on the wanted list, and it is not humanly possible to remember them all by face, and yes there should be some stricter guidelines, but the next attack is inevitable. It will be horrible when it happens, and I wish it would not, but like hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes and mudslides, an attack will happen. Building a tighter net will just allow more inconspicuous actions to slip past.

What it comes down to is stop them before they get on the plane, that way the flight isn't a hassle for everyone else, or you'll ruin the airline industry.

This doesn't really shock me. The US spent so much time searching for Saddam because of his weapons of mass destruction.... I mean because Iraq needed to be liberated. Now that Saddam is dead, the world is forever safe from terrorism,,,

Meanwhile Osama Bin Laden sits in a cave and waits for another opportunity to strike just like he was doing from 1993-2001.

He'll plan another attack and it'll all be on Bush's conscience.

What's funny is that the fellow's dad warned the US diplomats in the region that his son was a wanker.

Also funny that he's a rich kid.

Oh, and, THE SYSTEM WORKED. Next day: NO, IT DIDN'T WORK, UH! But it did! see that danish guy was a... plant! Yeah! I put him there to stop the guy from setting off his pants! See, I'm the best!

Oh Janet, Incompetence is thy name.

Wes said:
This doesn't really shock me. The US spent so much time searching for Saddam because of his weapons of mass destruction.... I mean because Iraq needed to be liberated. Now that Saddam is dead, the world is forever safe from terrorism,,,

Meanwhile Osama Bin Laden sits in a cave and waits for another opportunity to strike just like he was doing from 1993-2001.

He'll plan another attack and it'll all be on Bush's conscience.

It will be on Bush's conscience only if you agree that 9/11 should be on Clinton's conscience. If not, that dog just ain't gunna hunt!

I just got off a plane and didn't have to stow my book or put everything in the overhead bin.

The other night my dad said something along the lines of "This is getting ridiculous. If someone tried blowing up a plane disguised as a centaur, the next step would be to strip search everyone to make sure they dont have any horse parts."

So what's up with this whole -last hour of the trip- thing?

What, are you going to set yourself on fire and then sit comfortably for 40 minutes until you reach the place you're meant to asplode?

Shit seems stupid to me.

The high school dropouts that work as TSA scanners don't need more authority over individuals' privacy. But hey, government air security didn't work eight years ago, it didn't work the other week, and we shouldn't figure it to work in the future. If any private company were responsible for the security failure they would be soundly condemned and harassed, if not put out of business (or take a huge loss).

To boot, it's a little hilarious there's more hubbub over competing private airlines and their last hour rules or their bag fees, or whatever, and relatively little over the egregious failure and harassment of a monopolized security agency.

Also what is a bit silly is that airports are the only place they really check you; I took a train to chicago last march and I wasn't checked once for anything; if that guy was on a train heading into a busy station, and blew up the front car, it would be chaos along with a lot of dead people.

Of course, this failed terrorist has irrational motives, too. After all, the O Admin. is now fighting the good fight!

Um... Lawngnome, where were you in 2001, the GOP and its Fox News Neocon ilk did everything hey could to blame 9/11 on Clinton.

I remember that too.

Although I am not sure how the Obama admin is blaming what happened on Christmas on Bush, as far as I know no blame has been set yet.

Ted_Wolff said:
Of course, this failed terrorist has irrational motives, too. After all, the O Admin. is now fighting the good fight!

With kid's gloves and a feather.

LinksOcarina said:
I remember that too.

Although I am not sure how the Obama admin is blaming what happened on Christmas on Bush, as far as I know no blame has been set yet.

They will, it's what all administrations do; blame it on the guy before you. obama does it, bush did it, clinton did it, reagan/bush sr. did it, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle