Olympics!!!

used44 said:
Your streak of taking everything too seriously is intact. Going for the gold?

Of course there's no famous US water polo announcers. (I'm not sure why it would even be necessary for the announcers to be American or recognizable, but anyway...)

I wasn't saying it was a bad thing. Just a funny observation or whatever.

It is olympic season....

Missed the Chinese on the Synchronized Men's Diving but the Mexicans were pretty amazing, took second from the Americans. But the Chinese, they kicked everybody's ass by nearly 20 points, from 486 to 468, or just about.

I'm always more deeply struck by the people who just screw the pooch than the ones who win. I'm not talking about the ones that just showed up because Jamaica has a bobsled team. I'm talking about the real experts who blow it and know it and then start crying on the biggest world platform for their non-professional, not high-paying sport. The pure soul-crushing magnitude of it is...delicious.

Wow Brett. That's pretty dark for you! I'd expect it from someone as messed up as Longo, but not you!

That said, yes, this what these athletes get for letting everyone inflate them. And frankly, I love that not only are the athletes crushed, but so is the entire country. I hate you America.

Wow you two, someone dedicates their life to a sport with little pay or fanfare, and are given one, or a couple days only to show themselves to the world, they carry the nations flag on their back, and you like to see them buckle under the pressure and ultimately break down on camera as they realize potentially their lives were wasted

I mean, you two are pretty big assholes, and that means a lot coming from me

danielrbischoff said:
South Korea f****** KICKS ASS at archery.

Why do I root against China no matter what? It's the f****** liberal media that does that.

I know, its scary isn't it?

Although the Italians and Belgians dominated in the earlier Olympic years in Archery back in the early 20th century...

And America needs a better archery team, which it will never get because their coach is kind of a jerk. Still, my favorite event in the end...

The boxing and field hockey have been good too. Teddy Atlas on commentary is actually making this interesting in a sort of technical way.

Teddy Atlas could be an incredible life coach if he so desired. The elder statesmen, like Bert Sugar and Atlas whose commentary and knowledge both inspires and edifies the viewer, are why I gravitated towards boxing in the first place.

um, yay boxing, boo mma stupid affliction tshirt wearing douche bags.

danielrbischoff said:
That's pretty dark for you! I'd expect it from someone as messed up as Longo, but not you!
Which is weird, because the only emotion I feel towards Olympic athletes is pity.

I mean, they gave up their lives from age 5 or whatever to be an athlete at this level, and then they fail? I feel sorry for them, for the same reason I feel sorry for the "child prodigy" kids who do shit like get their GED's at age 12. They don't know better. Kids don't know what the fuck they want until they're like 20.

And also those young boys who do shit like grow their hair out or want to paint their room pink that I see on the news all the time. It's always the kids whose parents do that gender neutral parenting stuff from day 1, and repeatedly tell their kids that it's okay if they like the opposite gender stuff, which drills it into the kids heads what to like. But really, kids like what they're told to like. They don't fucking know better. Same with all this stuff where it's like "Jamie was born to play water polo." Fuck that, she does it because your bitch ass told her to and it's all she knows. And in ten years she'll fade into semi-obscurity and will become a coach to thousands of other kids shoved into it just like she was.

Goddamn, I am gonna be the best parent.

But I digress. Olympics suck.

McKayla Maroney's near-perfect vault was INSANE. Can't believe she was docked even a tenth of a point.

The cycle race/ time trials went by my house today, how exciting! And 2 medals for GB :D I got some great photos, can't wait to upload them :D :D

Green_Lantern said:
used44 said:
Can't believe she was docked even a tenth of a point.

Neither can anyone else.

Yeah, obviously i'm not the first to say it. And I'm no judge of course. But that was the most athletic and technically impressive thing I've seen in my (oddly) many years of watching gymnastics (my sister was a gymnast). Just super rad.

Indoor volleyball is on. Destinee Hooker is really pretty. And, my goodness, what a name.

used44 said:
Green_Lantern said:
used44 said:
Can't believe she was docked even a tenth of a point.

Neither can anyone else.

Yeah, obviously i'm not the first to say it. And I'm no judge of course. But that was the most athletic and technically impressive thing I've seen in my (oddly) many years of watching gymnastics (my sister was a gymnast). Just super rad.

Indoor volleyball is on. Destinee Hooker is really pretty. And, my goodness, what a name.

Yeah it was pretty damn amazing.

I hated Destinee when she played for Texas...But I got to each her and Jordan Larson play against each other a few different times. It was pretty sweet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod