Olympics!!!

Dobby2244

Veteran
Exciting times ahead...!
I'm going to see the torch being carried and going down the river on a boat tomorrow, and the opening ceremony/concert in the evening. Saturday and Sunday they have the timed trials cycling on my road, Sunday evening I am going to watch the fencing. And Wednesday is the official cycle race on my road again! I love seeing all these banners and decorations up. Although I'm surprised by how many people are hating having the Olympics in London :S and how even people at my work aren't even bothering to go outside their house just to watch the cycling! Some people are just miserable! ;) but anyways just wanted to share my excitement!! When I was younger I use to dream of being in the Olympics and since it's always just going to be a dream, it's amazing to even go watch! :D wahooooo

853ac2d7.jpg

Were going to be bombed by North Korea pretty soon, so they'd better enjoy what they can!

Seriously, all we had to do was not fuck up, and we arguably did one of the worst things you can think of in terms of insulting a nation...without the games offically starting!

I just want to see Usain Bolt, and then Ryan Giggs and Tom Cleverly play in the football team. Not particularly bothered about much else if I'm honest! I'll have it on the TV in the background though.

In a warm up soccer match where North Korea were going to play against Columbia, all of the North Korean players introduced on the scoreboard had the South Korean flag planted next to their faces instead of the Northern one. The players refused to play!

danielrbischoff said:
What's this about the UK pissing off a country? Explain.

Hitler was all like "aw hell nah" and attacked the UK. Then the Americans kicked their ass all slow mo style.

MattAY said:
In a warm up soccer match where North Korea were going to play against Columbia, all of the North Korean players introduced on the scoreboard had the South Korean flag planted next to their faces instead of the Northern one. The players refused to play!

I'm just gonna say it...but they were right to protest.

It won't mean much in the end, as shitty as North Korea is as a country, at least some of them have pride for their country. Or at least, some of those soccer players.

thats pretty cool that you live on the route for the bike race, I'm pretty excited to watch myself, on tv though. Also I'm looking forward to the basketball and track and field and all the other cool stuff

I salute the young lad in Gravesend (next town over from me) who tried to tackle the torch bearer earlier in the week. Helping Gravesend live up to its reputation of utter shit hole.

Summer Olympics means Women's beach volleyball and nothing else.

Opening ceremony to include James Bond? Oh, real nice. That's like the American opening ceremony including a hamburger.

The coolest thing about the Olympics this year is that I went to high school with one of the people competing.

If this doesnt prove cricket is cool - nothing will.

EDIT - totally digging that Industrial Revolution music....seriously. Also...the Baba O'Riley remix they did right before the 9pm countdown.

I can confirm young men cant either.

EDIT: Dobby, David Beckham in a speedboat...do you need anything else?! FIT!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle