Official Worst Video Game Names Thread

Street Fighter EX + a (PS) - - - WT + F??

Toki - Going Ape Spit (SG) - - - Did a 2-year-old think of that name?

BurgerTime (NES) - - - Sounds more like a fast food place than a game.

Shaq Fu (SG/SNES) - - - Lame name, but a kickass game to play!

Super Mario Brothers Role Playing Game Legend Of The Seven Stars (SNES) - - - (gasps for breath)

Yoshi Touch & Go (NDS) - - - Eww!

Banjo-Tooie (N64) - - - "Tooie" is not even a word!

Day Dreamin' Davey (NES) - - - Sounds more like the name of a Garbage Pail Kid.

Popful Mail - Magical Fantasy Adventure (SCD) - - - "Popful" ???

Chiki Chiki Boys (SG) - - - Pronounced "Cheeky Cheeky"...Cheeky? Sounds like a word a gay man would use.

Mappy-Land (NES) - - - The name gives me seizures.

Normy's Beach Babe-O-Rama (SG) - - - How could that even be a game?

Shove It! - The Warehouse Game (SG) - - - I love the name Shove It!

Star Wars - Masters Of Teras Kasi (PS) - - - WTF is Tares Kosiy-Teris Kasoy-Tetris Nutsack--W/E! I think the title is what ruined the status of this game...you don't put some weird specific name from the Star Wars world in a VG title and expect people to know wtf it means--Star Wars Masters! That's It! There's your game...

Ninja hamster vs Nazi : correction

Ninja Hamster 27
--> Yavol, mein hammenfuhrer.

"Ja whol" sounds better ;-) Not to be greasy with bad humour, but you managed to spell it in a Yiddish way :)

---> And is it me, or is that rodent wearing a Hitler moustache while doing a little Sieg Heil salute?

I'm sorry, but yes, it is you.
You are apparently confusing a very common fashionable appearance with one man. Pretty much any serious man in western Europe at the beginning of the 20th century had to wear a moustache that way. Do you think that anyone wearing a large deep moustache is depicting Stalin ? Or maybe, that any pretty woman in a Chinese dress is a living reference to Mao ? Hopefully the next Big Villain is not wearing a ring to the ear, or soon millions will have to drop theirs !

Besides, a "Sig Heil" bears the arm straight ahead, NEVER on the side. This is a sign of respect from Gladiators (yes, Roman empire, 2000 years ago) saluting Caesar. Throwing the arm on the side is a lethal insult - if you'd ever salute someone, you'd prefer avoiding your own death :)
Given that, the hamster is more probably opening the sheet with a karate-like atemi...nothing wrong for a ninja, right ?

So actually, now, I really fail to see what is so bad in that name that isn't worse with "Turtle Ninjas" ? A hamster is still much faster than a turtle in fight :-D

NES
Blaster Master
Boy and his Blob
Excitebike
Faxanadu
Flappy
Isolated Warrior
Lickle
Nuts & Milk
Pooyan
S.C.A.T
Whomp 'Em

SNES
Captain Commando
Cybernator
Genocide 2
Harley's Humongous Adventure
Krusty's Super Fun House
Lady Stalker
Lawnmower Man
Mr. Nutz
Nuke Your Mum!
Sensible Soccer
Spanky's Quest
Super Ninja Boy

Genesis
Awesome Possum
Ball Jacks
Ballz
Captain Planet and the Planeteers
Cosmic Spacehead
Dynamite Duke
Final Blow
Flicky
Heavy Unit
Insector X
Izzy's Quest for the Olympic Rings
Joe & Mac Caveman Ninja
Michael Jackson: Moonwalker
Slap Fight
Unnecessary Roughness 95
Wani Wani World
Wiz 'n' Liz

N64
Battlezone - Rise of the Black Dogs
Cruis'n Exotica
Cyber Tiger
Robotron 64
Wetrix

W00t first post :D.

A quick flick through the mame archives turns up some real gems:
Mr Do. and the latter, obviously more frantic sequel Do! Run! Run!
Diet Go Go
Savage Bees and the much more entertaining sounding Funky Bee
Space King
Target Hits
Zwackery

and my personal favorite: Car Jamboree

I can't imagine it being particularly satisfying after spending two years of your life programming and tweaking your videogame child to have some dork in marketing informing you that the cutting edge game you've finished will be titled "Knees, jelly and cake" so he can win a bet.

GiftedMonkey said:
I thought it was a great list, however I think Battletoads and Syphon Filter should have been on it.
i hear so much bout battletoads. never herd of it( til now).what is it.i picture frogs with guns nd junk like that

I was working the day "Crusty Demons" came out, and immediately thought it was something picked straight from the devil's nose.

It's funny because it was around the same time I read the 50 worst video games article and immediately thought that should be on there.

Name: Total Overdose: A Mexican Gunslinger's Tale (Xbox)

A BIT TOO MUCH CAN CAUSE VIOLENT REACTIONS.

From the title of this game, we can comprimise that mexicans will do anything to get ahold of a bit of dope, only to waste it, by getting wasted. And when they're done, the side effects "allow" them to get more, with the help of weapons. Oh boy.

Here's some I found from Spriter's Resource:
Samurai Pizza Cats
Armored Dragon Fantasy Gaiden
Armored Dragon Fantasy: The Girl Who Dissapeared

I can't think of anything else.

Name: Puyo Pop Fever (Xbox)

THIS POP GAVE ME THE FLU.

"Puyo Pop" sounds like a japanese version of Coca Cola, only MORE crappier. The fever in this game comes when you get too bored and you decide to fake having diarrhea the next day.

Name: Otogi: Myth of Demons (Xbox)

YAH, IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD.

First, what is Otogi? I wouldn't know. But if it's just a myth, that's fine by me.

Name: Spy vs. Spy (Xbox)

DUMB VS. DUMBER.

Watch as two do-do like idiots battle it out to see who can destroy the other one first. It ain't going to be easy. They're both cartoon characters!

Egg Mania Eggstreme Madness (Xbox)

EGGS A BIT TOO OVER EASY.

Mania and Madness all in one. With the side order of eggs. A LOT of eggs. Whoever thought of THIS title had their brains scrambled.

And a newer game.....

Name: Marble Blast Ultra (Xbox 360)

BLAST MA BALLS, BIOTCH!

Actually, this game is about you, a marble getting through missions in record time, trying to beat everybody else. That's what I mean. But if you did blast my balls, it would hurt. Where are those painkillers?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle