Official Worst Video Game Names Thread

dUKE

Rookie
worst_names_title_bar.jpg

Got a (least) favorite? Know one that we missed? Post 'em here!

How could you possibly forget "Snakes on a Plane: The Official Video Game of the Movie". So what if it doesn't exist! ...Yet. Because, you know how those guys are with games based on movies! They're all over the place! Am I right or what?!? Gosh darn I'm great!

Anyways that was a pretty funny list, and I think "Irritating Stick" is the worst name for anything ever made ever. Only two games come to mind for me:

-Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
-Viewtiful Joe

Both of them were great games but their names were a bit out of wack.

(I apoligize for adding yet another "Snakes on a Plane" joke to the internet and donotmaimmeplz.)

I didn't have a problem with the list, i'm just amazed you guys were able to compile a list of 50 worst video game names and still be coherent, some of them were terrible!

Guilty Gear X2 #Reload: The Midnight Carnival

Just imagine the look on the clerks face when I asked for this game.

"Street Fighter 2?"

*Tomba! 2 - The Evil Swine Return

Evil swine?

*No Fear Downhill Mountain Bike Racing

No fear, isn't that like totally like supercool?

* World's Scariest Police Chases

Sounds like a cheap TV-program.

World's Scariest Police Chases was a TV show.

The best omission I've heard so far is Big Mutha Truckers. I'm sad we missed that one.

GiftedMonkey said:
I thought it was a great list, however I think Battletoads and Syphon Filter should have been on it.

Dude, Syphon Filter was a kick ass name and there's nothing wrong with Battletoads. Because they are toads that er...battle...

I kept waiting to see it on the list, but it never showed up. I don't see how it could have been overlooked! I'm talking about...

Project IGI: I'm Going In!

Battle Arena Toshinden - What the fuck is a toshinden?
Ranma 1/2 - Is it Ranma Half or Ranma 1/2?
Final Fantasy - Its a Final Fantasy but there are over 15 of them, not so Final to me
Super Mario Brothers - So is Luigi's name Luigi Mario and Mario's name Mario Mario?
Legend of Zelda - Shouldnt it be the legend of Link? Zelda is just the princess, not much to her legend
Street Fighter 2010 - No street fighting in this one
Final Fight - like final fantasy. if its more than one, not so final

and also any of those stupid Japanese RPG titles like Shin Mei something saga.

DX - Ball

Dont really need to include anything else, but the game basically revolved aroung a little bouncy ball and a long stick used for bouncing the bouncy ball bouncing into the little explodey boxes which sent the bouncy ball bouncing into the stick, which in turn bounce the bouncy ball back into the boxes. Boring. Yes - 8 bounces in 1 sentence

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle