NFL starts tonight

Watched a little bit of the game while doing some homework in the lounge of my dorm. Seemed like a good game to watch if you were a fan of either team, I cared less about the game because of a mixture of the school work and that I'm a eagles fan, it will be our year this year......... Please let it be our year this year and not some team that wins all the time......

I like NFL but I pay way more attention to NCAA because it's easier to relate when you can cheer on you're school's team. Even though it lasted my entire day last saturday my university finally defeated Notre Dame which is awesome cause apparently ND paid us (from what I hear) to play them as their "crappy team to start the season off with". Apparently they forgot we beat Miami last year.

What's everyone's fav NFL/NCAA?

Green_Lantern said:
NickKmet said:
I'm also pretty sure that my grandma owns a share of the team as well. I can't confirm that for sure though.

Could be very possible....The Packers are a publicly owned nonprofit with over 4 million shares owned by the public, even though they haven't been sold since 1997

oh, i know. I just can't remember if it was at her house that I saw the share certificate, or somebody else we know from Green Bay.

We are now at the mid-point of the season. So, thoughts, comments, general discussion and trash talk?

As a Saints fan, I'd say the team is in decent position. We'll likely be in the playoffs, but hopefully they can get the ship running more efficiently before then.

Have to say the surprise of the season has to be the 49ers, holding down the second best record in the NFL. One could easily say it is a product of them playing in a weak division, but the fact is they have taken down a few good teams on their own turf.

Cam Newton will likely be hyped into Rookie of the Year, but Andy Dalton is probably much more deserving.

Will the Colts go 0-16? I doubt it. Will they draft Andrew Luck if they have the first pick? Maybe. Letting him sit for a year or two behind Manning could do nothing but help him, but I could also see them trading the pick for a king's ransom, which several teams would be willing to pay. Its worth mentioning though that Luck will still have a year of eligibility to play college football if he doesn't like the situation that the draft presents.

Born, raised, and still living in Wisconsin, about a half hour from Lambeau Field.

8-0, all I gotta say.

Damn I love my Green Bay Packers.

the_mighty_toast said:
Born, raised, and still living in Wisconsin, about a half hour from Lambeau Field.

8-0, all I gotta say.

Damn I love my Green Bay Packers.

One of my uncles is a die-hard Packers fan. He is pretty sick right now, but a couple of weeks ago he got a personal phone call from Bart Starr to ask him how he was doing and also to tell him that he was sending him two tickets for the MNF game against the Vikings at Lambeau. He is pretty ecstatic about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle