New Features

NO! What the hell could be wrong with emoticons? If people don't want to use them, fine. No need to ruin our fun.

I don't like those emoticons, either. But no need to delete them for my sake. I'm arare emoticon user, anyway.

JCD said:
NO! What the hell could be wrong with emoticons? If people don't want to use them, fine. No need to ruin our fun.
Yeah, but I have absolutely no control over somebody else using them. It's fine to say if you don't like 'em don't use 'em, but what if someone decides they love them and what to use them all the time?

joeblow: it's moving more towards every other forum on the internet. I always liked GR because it was simpler, less distraction from the conversation. Have you ever posted on GameFAQ's old boards (before their site redesign a few years ago when they were acquired by CNet)? Everything was text. The only two images on the entire page was their logo (which was small, something like 200x100 px) and a vertical advertisement on the left. No emoticons, or new post indicators, or anything. You couldn't even post an image in your message, you had to link to it. I actually liked that.
On the old GR UBB boards, there were no custom avatars, it was a ranking system, so there wasn't a million different avatars to look at, simple emoticons (they weren't animated like some of phpBB's are), you weren't allowed to have any images in your signature.. when we switched to phpBB, the signature thing was opened right up, and people were abusing it with large images. Nobody wants to scroll through somebody's flashy signature to find the conversations.

But I guess the old GR is fading along with the users.. now it's all new people who want GR to look like every other forum on the internet, the old school farts like me who don't like change are a dying breed.

I don't want GR to become like every other board on the net, but a few new emoticons can't hurt! They might not even ever be used...

GAMERTAGS! GAMERTAGS ON THE PROFILE PAGE! You won't get anything by me Joe. I'm like a Hawk. Always watching.

And is it new that a load of different blog thingies come up?

JCD said:
GAMERTAGS! GAMERTAGS ON THE PROFILE PAGE! You won't get anything by me Joe. I'm like a Hawk. Always watching.

Geezus! You're fricken quick.

And is it new that a load of different blog thingies come up?

I'm not sure what you mean but I did increase the default number of blogs entries you see when looking at someone's profile from 1 to 5.

Longo_2_guns said:
Yet i see no love for my PS3. For shame, Joe, for shame.

You can add your PS3 network ID or Wii Number to your profile now too. They just don't have anything like Xbox's gamertags yet.

joeblow said:
]

You can add your PS3 network ID or Wii Number to your profile now too. They just don't have anything like Xbox's gamertags yet.
I've found this, but you have to create one manually.

Longo_2_guns said:
Though I believe it is called a PSN ID.

Will fix that shortly.

Longo_2_guns said:
I've found this, but you have to create one manually.

Interesting. Yeah, if you have to do it manually what I can do is make it so you can put them in your Bio.

There's a Wii Map widget here I was thinking about using with the same issue.

That's an extremely lame plug of how' old school' you are, mc. Everything that was important from the old times has changed already, and a lot of it for the worse.

Adding some fun features aren't going to do any more damage. I'd say it improves the board, if anything.

malakian said:
That's an extremely lame plug of how' old school' you are, mc. Everything that was important from the old times has changed already, and a lot of it for the worse.

Adding some fun features aren't going to do any more damage. I'd say it improves the board, if anything.
That's an extremely lame attack on, well, I'm not quite sure what you're attacking. I am an "old school" user, I'm not plugging it, I'm just saying that I don't like change (not just here, in general I've been told I don't take change well). Adding that I've been here since the dawn of time drives that point further.

It's an attack on curmudgeonly opposing some fun implementations based on a self-recognised idiosyncratic oddity.

That or plugging how old school you are.

Let's bring this back, I'm interested in hearing any new ideas of what could be done on the boards and Joe is too. So let's hear it.

Sam

We can't edit them already? I don't know because I've never posted one but I'll mention it to Joe, thanks for the suggestion.

Any more for any more?

Sam

I'll see about the logout button but I'm not sure if it's worth making a username a link to the person's profile when there's a button not three inches away that does the same job.

Sam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod